Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A big hello and welcome

+7
Davalillo
scott elkins
crazylocomerk
Ken Eccles
fisherboy7
cccc
sabrjay
11 posters

Go down

A big hello and welcome Empty A big hello and welcome

Post by sabrjay Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:58 pm

I like to give a big Hello! and warm welcome to all the new people that have signed up. We feel we've developed the best place on the internet to talk about vintage baseball cards. We have all sorts of nifty features. We have an area dedicated soley to vintage cards and the hobby, a BST area, and an Off Topic area so you can shoot the breeze about anything you want or avoid it if all you want to read about is vintage cards. There is also an area for fantasy sports and our growing virtual set area. Everyone is welcome to contribute scans to existing threads, or, if you don't see a set, you can creat a new thread and post your scans. There is also an arcade with great time killer game, including a baseball game to test your hitting. Best I've done 3050. Let's see if anyone can beat that bananarama 2

We look forward to your posts.

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
A big hello and welcome Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100A big hello and welcome Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

A big hello and welcome Empty Re: A big hello and welcome

Post by cccc Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:28 pm

I don't know if I'd pick this Behren to welcome in the new people jocolor
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
A big hello and welcome Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100A big hello and welcome Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:36 pm

I suppose attacking them would be more appropriate lol!

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
A big hello and welcome Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100A big hello and welcome Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by fisherboy7 Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:42 pm

Nice post Jay!

I echo the initial comments and would only add that if anyone has questions or technical issues with the forum, please contact myself or any of the moderators via email/PM, or post in the "tech support" category. Whatever the issue may be, it will be taken care of promptly.

Enjoy the forum everyone. It's nice to see all the familiar faces making their way over here as Full Count continues to grow. And we're only just getting started!
beer

p.s. I'm nowhere close to beating that baseball game score. I think my best so far is 2650.
fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Admin
Admin

Trader Points :
A big hello and welcome Left_bar_bleue55 / 10055 / 100A big hello and welcome Right_bar_bleue

http://www.imageevent.com/fisherboy7

Back to top Go down

A big hello and welcome Empty New members

Post by Ken Eccles Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:18 pm

Thanks Scott,Jay and the Rest. Ken

Ken Eccles
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Trader Points :
A big hello and welcome Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100A big hello and welcome Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by crazylocomerk Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:22 pm

Welcome to the board Ken
crazylocomerk
crazylocomerk
KOTTON King
KOTTON King

Trader Points :
A big hello and welcome Left_bar_bleue12 / 10012 / 100A big hello and welcome Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by scott elkins Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:30 am

Ken, great to see you made it here! Ken and I go back all the way to the ORIGINAL FULL COUNT BOARD!

Also, I would like to echo the prior sentiments - it is great to see all the new members! I spoke with one on the phone today and he really likes the setup of this forum (everyone I have spoken to likes the setup of this board - kudos again to Ben!). Everyone also likes the friendly atmosphere (and I love it ).

This board is like one small little family that continues to grow. I would like to thank all the members for their paticipation and encourage everyone to participate on a regular basis - whether it is a question, new topic, something to sell or anything else - feel free to post away and have fun! bounce

scott elkins
Inactive

Trader Points :
A big hello and welcome Left_bar_bleue8 / 1008 / 100A big hello and welcome Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

A big hello and welcome Empty New members

Post by Ken Eccles Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:18 pm

Scott I hope to get to see that book on mines, we've discussed it many times in the past.Plus you have a story around a key part of lost American History which must be recorded and told. I've have spent most of my life collecting and researching things from the past. Just like Mr.Franklin Steele ask me to look into the history and people behind that 3x5 baseball stain glass window, we purchased in 1998. It too us to a lost place in history, that was once known as the Pennant Cafe and then to the Life and Times of Johnny Kling in 1999. Rob Lifson and a few others in the past couple of weeks, after learning about my dad's death have requested for me to do a article about the Pennant for the history of baseball, which will be done in the near future and maybe another as to that missing 1934 Babe Ruth statue, which was last seen in Baltimore in 1935, My dad started this research in 1987 and I've have a few of his old findings from the past, which even the Baltimore Museum of Art had lost many years back. The sad part about all of this is that Franklin nor my late father ever got to read or see our first reports as to that window,Tribute: Banker treasured antiques, Scott, you received my first surgery report from yesterday. So Scott, I hope to get to see your book soon and not be like these two great guys that were once part of my life as to researching. Thanks, Ken Eccles

Ken Eccles
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Trader Points :
A big hello and welcome Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100A big hello and welcome Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

A big hello and welcome Empty new member and Old Research

Post by Ken Eccles Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:44 pm

Scott here are other two projects,The Stain glass dealer that I visited for Franklin was actually a family friend of my family for years, In the 70's my dad owned the old St Joseph Art Glass Co complete inventory and sold most of it to Mrs. Mieroff, She kept this one window, because she had once dated Joe D.This info was shared with a movie producer with PBS a few years back, plus my dad visiting Charlie Finley at his farm as to banking affairs before moving his A's to KC. We are now searching my family old movies for even more events for PBS. http://hometown.aol.com/bjeccles/ https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img375/8634/researchproject1rc6.jpg https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img516/7528/steinmaxcu7.jpg As to the article requested by Rob L and a few others in the past to written for baseball history as to the Pennant Cafe, chances are god that it will be done by Mr.Maxwell and or Jonne Kling Rose,and I have a feeling Rob just might be included before they are finish. Ken

Ken Eccles
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

A big hello and welcome Empty new member.franklin's 1980 windows research

Post by Ken Eccles Sun Feb 17, 2008 5:52 pm

Sorry I meant GOOD not God in my last post .https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img201/3996/franklinsstainglassoy2.jpg part of our team https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img339/25/theteam001rz1.jpg so much for the bleed cubbie bleed on the WWW under Johnny Kling, our story have changed because we research. All those Jewish Sports Books for 43 years are Wrong, seems they never researched Kling. Nor did Gil Bogen or David Anderson on their own.And Kling has not or will ever be proven to be Jewish, nor did he have an Open Gates policy under his ownership of the KC Blues as been reported in the Sabr news. Mrs/allen's remarks used in the book ? the allen's were friends of my late father's at the bank, plus the hotel, banked there,I even knew Mrs. Allen and spoke to her many times.as to her report statements made,Kling was Jewish, news to me and also her family https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img90/2634/helenallenok1.jpg. Ken Eccles

Ken Eccles
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

A big hello and welcome Empty Hello Again Everyone

Post by Davalillo Wed Feb 27, 2008 3:05 am

Well after trying several times to get on this forum through the old website and thinking it must have closed down, I got the idea to check google using Jay's and Scott's names. Eureka--I found it(I should mention that I am way down the curve on technology).

I have managed to irritate the usual suspects on Net 54 by asking a few pointed questions of our friend Doug Allen. Doug seems to want me to call his secretary to set up a time to speak--I think these are hobby issues and he should respond in public. Of course he won't.

They have even given me my own serious thread to post on but I'm sure the ones that want to close me down whether they are Mastronet apologists or people with a vested interest in Mastronet or those that support it will start attacking me on that one too.

Anyway, hello to all the people I have not seen in a while and of course my friend Only Child who I have the highest respect for.

Jim

Davalillo
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by bowlingshoeguy Wed Feb 27, 2008 3:09 am

Jim,

Did you have have your conference call with Doug and Rob?

Lee
bowlingshoeguy
bowlingshoeguy
Sultan of the Cycle Back
Sultan of the Cycle Back

Trader Points :
A big hello and welcome Left_bar_bleue53 / 10053 / 100A big hello and welcome Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

A big hello and welcome Empty Conference Call with Doug Allen

Post by Davalillo Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:35 pm

Lee,

No--I thought it was rude of him to say call my secretary and arrange a time. I'm the customer here.

I still will probably do it--not sure if I will ask Rob to be on the line.

The bigger point is that these are questions about practices and policy that I think all collectors would have an interest in hearing the answers to and I think he should reply in a public forum.

Jim

Davalillo
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by onlychild Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:28 am

Hi Jim,

Welcome..the respect is mutual!

I was going to post on your thread but you seem to be doing pretty well. I'll say it here instead, where there is less friction. To be honest..no friction. beer

The fact is Mastro has worked on cards in the past and according to Doug, the possibility is still there. Rumors in the seedy underground world of card doctors is that they employed a person (or two) to do the altering before sending them to an accepting grading company. I have even been given their names from some very respected sources, one name is instantly known. Regardless, they are an auction house and have no business touching the card other than selling them.

I don't trust them and would never even think about buying a sportscard from Mastro. If they admit to laying down corners and pressing creases, imagine what they are not telling us. What few non-sport cards I did win was by accident...my low bid to keep playing actually won.

As many know, I have a very extensive Titanic relic collection. In Dec 2006, Mastro had up for auction some very questionable Titanic items. A quick investigation revealed they were consigned by a well known ebay fraudster. I called and told them the items were fake and, as a matter of fact, the survivor who's jewelry piece was being offered was never even on the ship (living or dead). They still sold with full knowledge and without a disclosure. Here is a thread about two auctions...with links.

Kevin Saucier
onlychild
onlychild
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :
A big hello and welcome Left_bar_bleue1 / 1001 / 100A big hello and welcome Right_bar_bleue

http://www.AlteredCards.com

Back to top Go down

A big hello and welcome Empty Rob & Kevin

Post by Ken Eccles Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:07 am

Glad to see him posting as to Kevin's great interest in card's, Fakes altered ,what real and what's not. I'm just back from my 5 hour surgery ordeal today, but had to reply as to my old freind Rob's posting and of coarse Kevin's.As to Doug and Josh E, I will never trust either one based on my own past dealings around both of them. Bev's says for me to get in bed, so she win's ! Thanks again for the site guys Ken W.Eccles

Ken Eccles
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

A big hello and welcome Empty Hi Ken...

Post by Square_Frame_Ramly Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:13 am

Yes...get in to bed and get well soon!!!!

By the way...if its not too personal, what kind of surgery did you have performed?

Mark
Square_Frame_Ramly
Square_Frame_Ramly
FC NCAA Bracket Champ
FC NCAA Bracket Champ

Trader Points :
A big hello and welcome Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100A big hello and welcome Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by ItsOnlyGil Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:26 am

Kevin: Those Titanic artifacts appear to be a greater collecting minefield than baseball cards. Good luck!

Gil
ItsOnlyGil
ItsOnlyGil
Retired
Retired

Trader Points :
A big hello and welcome Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100A big hello and welcome Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:34 am

We just got our 100th registered member. Welcome aboard. Not sure who jmk59 is, but I'm hoping it's Joan Kline. She's been threating to join up for awhile. Now it's on to 200 bananarama

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

A big hello and welcome Empty Welcome aboard Robert Kirchberg !

Post by ItsOnlyGil Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:37 am

If you have any questions or can offer some help, we are sure receptive !

I have been collecting cards since so long ago, I can not remember. But it was not until the 80s that I purchased my first pre-war. I had been drool a bit before that time, but lack of $ and fear of shark kept me away for too long.

How about you?
ItsOnlyGil
ItsOnlyGil
Retired
Retired

Trader Points :
A big hello and welcome Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100A big hello and welcome Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum