Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It IS May now...May pickups!!!!! Baseball dammit!!!!

+9
Bosox Blair
terjung
fisherboy7
3-2-count
LucasRiley
bowlingshoeguy
sabrjay
jbonie
ullmandds
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

It IS May now...May pickups!!!!!  Baseball dammit!!!! Empty It IS May now...May pickups!!!!! Baseball dammit!!!!

Post by ullmandds Thu May 03, 2012 2:25 am

I love these...could be a tough and expensive set to go after!!!!
[img]It IS May now...May pickups!!!!!  Baseball dammit!!!! N43mor10[/img]
ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :
It IS May now...May pickups!!!!!  Baseball dammit!!!! Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100It IS May now...May pickups!!!!!  Baseball dammit!!!! Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

It IS May now...May pickups!!!!!  Baseball dammit!!!! Empty Re: It IS May now...May pickups!!!!! Baseball dammit!!!!

Post by jbonie Thu May 03, 2012 4:28 am

Wow, Pete! Terrific!
jbonie
jbonie
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :
It IS May now...May pickups!!!!!  Baseball dammit!!!! Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100It IS May now...May pickups!!!!!  Baseball dammit!!!! Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

It IS May now...May pickups!!!!!  Baseball dammit!!!! Empty Re: It IS May now...May pickups!!!!! Baseball dammit!!!!

Post by sabrjay Thu May 03, 2012 3:13 pm

Bah, for a guy who accidently wins Rowdy Lowdy, this set will be a piece of cake.
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
It IS May now...May pickups!!!!!  Baseball dammit!!!! Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100It IS May now...May pickups!!!!!  Baseball dammit!!!! Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ullmandds Thu May 03, 2012 3:18 pm

I'll just have to get drunk to obtain the ewing...the rest should be easy...just a little waiting game!!!!!
ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :
It IS May now...May pickups!!!!!  Baseball dammit!!!! Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100It IS May now...May pickups!!!!!  Baseball dammit!!!! Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by bowlingshoeguy Thu May 03, 2012 4:08 pm

Here are a couple of May pickups:

It IS May now...May pickups!!!!!  Baseball dammit!!!! T3dahl10

It IS May now...May pickups!!!!!  Baseball dammit!!!! Robins10

Lee
bowlingshoeguy
bowlingshoeguy
Sultan of the Cycle Back
Sultan of the Cycle Back

Trader Points :
It IS May now...May pickups!!!!!  Baseball dammit!!!! Left_bar_bleue53 / 10053 / 100It IS May now...May pickups!!!!!  Baseball dammit!!!! Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Thu May 03, 2012 6:12 pm

Never seen that Robinson pose before.
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
It IS May now...May pickups!!!!!  Baseball dammit!!!! Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100It IS May now...May pickups!!!!!  Baseball dammit!!!! Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by jbonie Thu May 03, 2012 6:33 pm

He looks like he's ready for lift-off. Very Happy
jbonie
jbonie
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :
It IS May now...May pickups!!!!!  Baseball dammit!!!! Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100It IS May now...May pickups!!!!!  Baseball dammit!!!! Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by ullmandds Fri May 04, 2012 12:45 am

Nice lee...love those POS psa holsters! Good luck tomorrow!
ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by bowlingshoeguy Fri May 04, 2012 1:36 am

I am probably going to cross it into a SGC holder, don't think it will get better than a 30 but those condom holders suck and there is less risk losing value in OJs.

The clarity of the runner is better than the airplane driver. Very pleased with the pickup.

Pete, In the fasting stage. I think that is worse than the surgery.

Back scan of the Morrell?

lee
bowlingshoeguy
bowlingshoeguy
Sultan of the Cycle Back
Sultan of the Cycle Back

Trader Points :
It IS May now...May pickups!!!!!  Baseball dammit!!!! Left_bar_bleue53 / 10053 / 100It IS May now...May pickups!!!!!  Baseball dammit!!!! Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by jbonie Fri May 04, 2012 2:09 am

bowlingshoeguy wrote:I am probably going to cross it into a SGC holder, don't think it will get better than a 30 but those condom holders suck and there is less risk losing value in OJs.

The clarity of the runner is better than the airplane driver. Very pleased with the pickup.

lee

I don't think it will lose value on the cross because anyone can see it isn't really a 4. Any two-player OJ is cool, especially if a guy is lying on the ground. Plus, I like the airplane driver! Very Happy
jbonie
jbonie
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by ullmandds Fri May 04, 2012 3:00 am

There is minor back damage...nothing worth seeing!
ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by LucasRiley Sun May 06, 2012 3:59 am

It IS May now...May pickups!!!!!  Baseball dammit!!!! Kgrhqf10

Love this guy's name. I should probably stop posting these T206 commons, but the set has some great names in it, and I just love the intensity of that red background.
LucasRiley
LucasRiley
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by bowlingshoeguy Sun May 06, 2012 1:05 pm

The thread is for May pickups for Pre WWII cards if you purchase any and want to show them that's what this thread is for, keep posting always nice to see.

Lee
bowlingshoeguy
bowlingshoeguy
Sultan of the Cycle Back
Sultan of the Cycle Back

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by jbonie Sun May 06, 2012 1:35 pm

That is a really nice T206.
jbonie
jbonie
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by 3-2-count Sun May 06, 2012 2:36 pm

It had been a while since I'd purchased some "E's". Thought I'd jump back in with these.
The CJ caramel stain on the Marquard add's a nice touch. Love it!!
Oh and a couple new vintage BB rppc's with fantastic images.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
3-2-count
3-2-count
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
It IS May now...May pickups!!!!!  Baseball dammit!!!! Left_bar_bleue18 / 10018 / 100It IS May now...May pickups!!!!!  Baseball dammit!!!! Right_bar_bleue

http://www.32countsportscards.com/collection.html

Back to top Go down

Post by bowlingshoeguy Sun May 06, 2012 3:43 pm

Those are some sweet CJs, those have always appealed to me but I always thought kind of spendy. I have just bought the cards with poses I like, they have some great ones.

I also wish I could stumble across some old baseball postcards at the local antique shops but no luck so far.

Lee
bowlingshoeguy
bowlingshoeguy
Sultan of the Cycle Back
Sultan of the Cycle Back

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by bowlingshoeguy Wed May 09, 2012 5:56 pm

These to bad boys cost me a whole $12.50 with shipping. Future HOFers:

It IS May now...May pickups!!!!!  Baseball dammit!!!! Louise10

It IS May now...May pickups!!!!!  Baseball dammit!!!! Napshe10

Lee
bowlingshoeguy
bowlingshoeguy
Sultan of the Cycle Back
Sultan of the Cycle Back

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by jbonie Wed May 09, 2012 9:54 pm

Hughie Jennings was a total jerk, but that is one awesome card of him!
jbonie
jbonie
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by LucasRiley Thu May 10, 2012 12:47 am

3-2-count wrote:The CJ caramel stain on the Marquard add's a nice touch. Love it!!

Wow, those Cracker Jack's are fantastic. That Jennings, especially. I've thought many times about getting into this set, but I'm scared off by the cost. They're great cards, though. Love the design. And I like seeing someone say that they like the stains! I've often felt crazy for being able to appreciate stains or surface noise on a card. I think these features add something great to a card, like they carry the history in them, but I know a lot of buyers will shy away because it renders the card 'less than perfect.' Fine for them. I'll take it. As I traverse my mid-40's, I realize more and more every day: Ain't nothin' wrong with aging.

Great cards! Thanks for sharing.
LucasRiley
LucasRiley
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by fisherboy7 Thu May 10, 2012 1:31 am

Picked up a pretty tough card recently....e-unc Orange Border Criger:

It IS May now...May pickups!!!!!  Baseball dammit!!!! Orange11
fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Admin
Admin

Trader Points :
It IS May now...May pickups!!!!!  Baseball dammit!!!! Left_bar_bleue55 / 10055 / 100It IS May now...May pickups!!!!!  Baseball dammit!!!! Right_bar_bleue

http://www.imageevent.com/fisherboy7

Back to top Go down

Post by ullmandds Thu May 10, 2012 2:14 am

Very nice ben...1st one i remember seeing.
ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by bowlingshoeguy Thu May 10, 2012 2:27 am

Very Nice, Ben. Not many different pictures of Criger it seems.

I got my first Mike Kelly today:

It IS May now...May pickups!!!!!  Baseball dammit!!!! N28kel10

Speaking of stains, here is a well placed one:

It IS May now...May pickups!!!!!  Baseball dammit!!!! Cjclar11

Lee
bowlingshoeguy
bowlingshoeguy
Sultan of the Cycle Back
Sultan of the Cycle Back

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by terjung Thu May 10, 2012 4:13 am

You got me on that one, Lee. That one made me laugh.
terjung
terjung
Legend
Legend

Trader Points :
It IS May now...May pickups!!!!!  Baseball dammit!!!! Left_bar_bleue8 / 1008 / 100It IS May now...May pickups!!!!!  Baseball dammit!!!! Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by 3-2-count Thu May 10, 2012 5:27 am

LucasRiley wrote:
3-2-count wrote:The CJ caramel stain on the Marquard add's a nice touch. Love it!!

Wow, those Cracker Jack's are fantastic. That Jennings, especially. I've thought many times about getting into this set, but I'm scared off by the cost. They're great cards, though. Love the design. And I like seeing someone say that they like the stains! I've often felt crazy for being able to appreciate stains or surface noise on a card. I think these features add something great to a card, like they carry the history in them, but I know a lot of buyers will shy away because it renders the card 'less than perfect.' Fine for them. I'll take it. As I traverse my mid-40's, I realize more and more every day: Ain't nothin' wrong with aging.

Great cards! Thanks for sharing.

Thanks LR. A couple more cards just in as well. Pete look away. Nothing to see here but a couple more T206's. Very Happy

Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket

3-2-count
3-2-count
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
It IS May now...May pickups!!!!!  Baseball dammit!!!! Left_bar_bleue18 / 10018 / 100It IS May now...May pickups!!!!!  Baseball dammit!!!! Right_bar_bleue

http://www.32countsportscards.com/collection.html

Back to top Go down

Post by jbonie Thu May 10, 2012 12:53 pm

Wow, Lee. Great-looking King Kelly!
jbonie
jbonie
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next