Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chick Hafey a HOFer?

2 posters

Go down

Chick Hafey a HOFer? Empty Chick Hafey a HOFer?

Post by sabrjay Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:34 pm

I thought I knew my baseball pretty well but you could have knocked me over with a feather when I checked to see if a claim by a seller that Hafey was HOFer was correct. The verterans committee elected him in 1971.

After looking at his career stats and reading a little bit about his career, he is one of, if not the least deserving player in the HOF. It really is shame what a mockery Sisler made of the whole Verterans Committee process. He basically got a bunch of his buddies from his playing days elected. I really think that there wouldn't be this huge outcry about a waterdown HOF if it wasn't for Sisler's croneism.

Personally, I'd like to see veryone elected by the VC under Sisler booted and let them try and get in on their own merits. Too bad this will never happen.

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
Chick Hafey a HOFer? Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Chick Hafey a HOFer? Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Chick Hafey a HOFer? Empty Re: Chick Hafey a HOFer?

Post by ItsOnlyGil Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:15 am

The HOF is not the Hall of Superstars.....It is not even only ballplayers........ I recall some hot dog and peanut vendors who were worthy of recognition!
And I betcha several could outfield most of those on the diamond.
ItsOnlyGil
ItsOnlyGil
Retired
Retired

Trader Points :
Chick Hafey a HOFer? Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100Chick Hafey a HOFer? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down