Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Picture and brief summary...

+22
rholmes
Bosox Blair
Jim Rivera cfc1909
terjung
TheRiddler
asoriano
Comisky
TheBig6
Bicem
vintagewhitesox
glenv
Jacklitsch
crazylocomerk
hanksta
bowlingshoeguy
onlychild
cccc
scott elkins
fisherboy7
yawie99
sabrjay
Square_Frame_Ramly
26 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Picture and brief summary... Empty Picture and brief summary...

Post by Square_Frame_Ramly Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:46 pm

This is my daughter and i on her 1st birthday. Wish it were August again here in CT. We have 15 inches of snow on the ground now. I have a 7 year old son also.

Well, i am a stay-at-home Dad and have been since my son was 4 years old. I have changed what i collect over the last 2 years a few times. I have lived in CT all my life. I hope to make it to a Nationals some time in the near future. I have never been to one yet and would love to meet and talk to collectors.Picture and brief summary... 100_4410
Square_Frame_Ramly
Square_Frame_Ramly
FC NCAA Bracket Champ
FC NCAA Bracket Champ

Trader Points :
Picture and brief summary... Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100Picture and brief summary... Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Picture and brief summary... Empty Re: Picture and brief summary...

Post by sabrjay Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:07 pm

Most know me already. Long time collector buying my first tobacco card in 1980. Sold my collection in 1991 and got back into the hobby in 2001. Currentyl working on the Delong set and trying to get one card of every major leaguer from 1908-45 to appear on a card as a major leaguer.

Currently have 287 of 2813 cards needed to complete that quest. The reason for such a small number is that I have concentrated on getting the HOFers and expensive rare cards. Getting a card of Wildfire Shulte, Wally Barger and other players who appear in a lot of sets are not a priority as their cards can be easily found at reasonable prices.

I have 11 Delongs with Foxx being the biggest name I need.

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
Picture and brief summary... Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Picture and brief summary... Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by yawie99 Wed Dec 19, 2007 2:07 am

Here's the boy and me:

Picture and brief summary... MeandDrew

Note the totally effete sweater vests. I'm still something of a tree-hugging hippie, but clothes shopping has become a serious vice. The amount of time and money I spend at the mall is almost as sick as what I spend on cards via the Internet. Oh well, somebody's gotta be a positive role model for fourth graders, who might otherwise grow up to wear pleated pants.

And I'd be remiss if I didn't show off my daughter as well. Here's our homemade Christmas card picture:

Picture and brief summary... XMas

And I'd be doubly remiss if I didn't pimp my website: http://imageevent.com/yawie99. Actually it's not really much of a commercial venture. Just a place to host my scans and occasionally write about my collection.
yawie99
yawie99
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
Picture and brief summary... Left_bar_bleue10 / 10010 / 100Picture and brief summary... Right_bar_bleue

http://www.imageevent.com/yawie99

Back to top Go down

Post by fisherboy7 Wed Dec 19, 2007 2:23 am

Feel free to start your own threads, guys....we have plenty of room over here Surprised

As for me, as many of you know, I've just returned from a year long teaching gig in Seoul, South Korea. Here's a pic of myself (black shirt) with some friends at an outdoor bar shaped like a giant robot, having some very watered down drinks from bags: Laughing

Picture and brief summary... Bar10
fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Admin
Admin

Trader Points :
Picture and brief summary... Left_bar_bleue55 / 10055 / 100Picture and brief summary... Right_bar_bleue

http://www.imageevent.com/fisherboy7

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Wed Dec 19, 2007 2:30 am

yea tree huggers. You ever go to The Gathering? It's been 10 years since the last one I was at. This coming year is out of the question since I will be going to Italy for my son's graduation. 2009 will be a toss up between the National and The Gathering. 2010 will definitiely be Gathering time.

For those that have no clue what The Gathering is, the full name is The Rainbow Gathering of Living Light. It's a huge getogehter of hippies from around the world in late June and early July. It's held in a different National Park every year. Always lesser known parks so as not to intrude upon the general public. It doesn't cost anything. All that is asked is that you bring some supplies like sugar, flour, toilet paprer, etc and put in some time at one of the camp/kitchens helping out.

I hang out at the Loving Ovens. We build earthen ovens and make baked goods like cakes, cookies, pizza, etc. There is food for everyone from carnavores to vegans. About the only thing that is frowned upon there is alcohol. They have a seperate camp for that a few miles from the main camp site.

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
Picture and brief summary... Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Picture and brief summary... Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by yawie99 Wed Dec 19, 2007 3:55 am

Never did go, but wish I had. I think my wife would tell me not to bother coming home if I went nowadays. The break-up of Phish was probably one of the happiest days of her life.
yawie99
yawie99
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
Picture and brief summary... Left_bar_bleue10 / 10010 / 100Picture and brief summary... Right_bar_bleue

http://www.imageevent.com/yawie99

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Wed Dec 19, 2007 4:04 am

never got into Phish. Then again, I was never much of a Dead Head either. The concerts were fun, but the music never did much for me. It's was more a social gathering for me to see friends.

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by scott elkins Thu Dec 20, 2007 4:47 am

Below is about the only pic I have of myself (except for my Driver's License pic I posted on the Aimoo board). This was taken recently at a mall in TN and is the normal crappy B&W grainy mall pics. Since I am the one always taking pics and videos, this was the only one with all three of us in it (Heather, Kaitlyn and myself).

My eBay I.D. is joejacksone90-1, my e-mail address is joejackson1919@comcast.net. I am currently collecting rare T206 backs again. I love to trade and try to keep Mastro and a couple others honest, as most of you know already!

Picture and brief summary... Us11

scott elkins
Inactive

Trader Points :
Picture and brief summary... Left_bar_bleue8 / 1008 / 100Picture and brief summary... Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by cccc Thu Dec 20, 2007 5:50 am

from the pics scott and mark look like 2 intimidating guys (that i would never approach)...but honestly they're 2 of the nicest people in the hobby.

...and steve, yea u look a little too GQ and "pretty" for us.
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
Picture and brief summary... Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100Picture and brief summary... Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Picture and brief summary... Empty a recent pic

Post by onlychild Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:23 am

I usually shy away from posting pics but I feel somewhat comfortable here. This is break-time during one day of whitewater rafting in Utah this summer. I'm exhausted after rowing half the day in level 4/5 rapids. My wife caught me off guard and snapped this pic while I was hiding from the guides to smoke. She says it captures my "true" look:

Last edited by onlychild on Sun Apr 20, 2008 6:01 am; edited 2 times in total
onlychild
onlychild
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :
Picture and brief summary... Left_bar_bleue1 / 1001 / 100Picture and brief summary... Right_bar_bleue

http://www.AlteredCards.com

Back to top Go down

Picture and brief summary... Empty Ha,Ha Quan...

Post by Square_Frame_Ramly Thu Dec 20, 2007 12:04 pm

Thanks for the nice comment.... Laughing

Scott...have Heather take more pics of you and your daughter, they grow so fast and before you know it she will be in high school!!! I bet she has you wrapped around her finger. Razz

Kevin...keep up the good work.

Mark
Square_Frame_Ramly
Square_Frame_Ramly
FC NCAA Bracket Champ
FC NCAA Bracket Champ

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by scott elkins Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:05 pm

Quan, you might get to see the "bad side" of me one day - should I ever make it to a National and run into Daniels! Evil or Very Mad Honestly, I am not suppose to lift anything over ten lbs. b/c of my back and hip injuries and have not worked out since July 14th 2002 (the morning before I got hurt). For some reason I still retain a lot of my muscle - I think it is where I am constantly pushing myself up, in order to get up after being seated, as I cannot get up with my legs alone??? I think 2008 will finally be the year I have my disc replacement in my back and start back working out regularly - fingers crossed. bounce BTW - looks like you have "beefed up" Quan - you look bigger than the last pic I remember from a National.

Kevin looks like another guy you don't want to mess with as well - PSA needs to see that pic! Shocked

Mark - I have TONS of pics and videos of Kaitlyn - just I am always the one taking them, so I really don't have many of the two of us together. I would just ruin the pics anway.

That is also the first pic I have seen of Ben - he looks more like a Casanova than a Vintage Card guy!

I guess this thread has certainly thrown out the "card geek" stereotype for us!? cheers

Jay - I love the Dead! "Truckin" was Kaitlyn's "first" favorite song. I need to keep her off the Disney Channel and turn her back into a Dead Head and Led Head!

scott elkins
Inactive

Trader Points :
Picture and brief summary... Left_bar_bleue8 / 1008 / 100Picture and brief summary... Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by onlychild Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:36 pm

Kevin looks like another guy you don't want to mess with as well - PSA needs to see that pic! Shocked

Razz I'm only 5'5" and have a pack of cigarettes under my arm...seriously!
onlychild
onlychild
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :
Picture and brief summary... Left_bar_bleue1 / 1001 / 100Picture and brief summary... Right_bar_bleue

http://www.AlteredCards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by scott elkins Sun Dec 23, 2007 5:30 am

Heather had this recent pic, which was taken at Kaitlyn's school by her teacher. Heather didn't like the grainy B&W pic I posted, so she told me to scan this one for this thread.

Picture and brief summary... Family10

scott elkins
Inactive

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by bowlingshoeguy Sun Dec 23, 2007 4:46 pm

Here goes, my is Lee Behrens, I have lived most of my life in MN. Got in to vintage cards in the early 1980's. I had the pleasure of running a sportscard store for 3 1/2 years (dream job too bad it had to come to an end. Sad I am a partial season ticket holder for the MN Twins (2 rows above Twins dugout. bounce )

My current focus is on getting one of each back for the T202 set and T206 Cycle 460 backs. I also have a variety of other cards from 1886-1914. I have completed the T202 set. I have all the T206s up to Demmitt/O'Hare and the backs up to DRUM.

I am always looking for a good bargain since I need to turn cards to buy more cards. I have alot of fun doing it and have been quite successful.

Picture and brief summary... Lee10

Lee
bowlingshoeguy
bowlingshoeguy
Sultan of the Cycle Back
Sultan of the Cycle Back

Trader Points :
Picture and brief summary... Left_bar_bleue53 / 10053 / 100Picture and brief summary... Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by scott elkins Mon Dec 24, 2007 12:05 am

Lee, as I stated in an e-mail to you today, NOW is the time to pick up T206 Drums (if you don't mind an SGC Authentic example). With winners of Hunt's lots selling commons in the $500-$700 range, this will be the cheapest time to ever pick up a T206 Drum. I was lucky as well, as I picked up two Drum HOF'ers (from the lot of three in the Hunt's Auction). Now, I only need one more HOF'er to have my goal of three total. I also picked up two Hunt's commons to go along with the one I had, making that goal complete.

scott elkins
Inactive

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Mon Dec 24, 2007 1:55 am

Finally dug up my most recent photo

Picture and brief summary... Scion1small

merry Christmas rendeer

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Picture and brief summary... Empty Great Pics .....

Post by Square_Frame_Ramly Mon Dec 24, 2007 11:40 am

Jay...great car, looks like it has plenty of room for a tall guy like you. I think you also said it gets great gas milage.

Lee...nice collection, those cards look very nice in the SGC holders!!!

Scott....your daughter is adorable, you got to love that look on her face. So serious!!! Razz

Well guys...have a great holiday. I have to get ready for 30-40 people coming to my house today. I am going to drink and play Texas hold-em tonight. I hope i win some big $, have to pay for those E98 cards i won. beer

Mark
Square_Frame_Ramly
Square_Frame_Ramly
FC NCAA Bracket Champ
FC NCAA Bracket Champ

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Mon Dec 24, 2007 12:19 pm

The amount of room in there is amazing. It's the first vehicle other than a van or 2 seater where I have both leg room and head room. that, and the great gas milage were the big selling points for me.

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by scott elkins Mon Dec 24, 2007 7:44 pm

Mark - ditto - your daughter is a sweet heart! Nothing like these "Daddy's Girls".

I really like the way Lee has the top borders of his walls done with the T206's.

Jay has beefed up since the last pic I saw of him on the old Net 54 board. You might have to trade your vehicle in for a Harley now Jay.

Texas Hold'em sounds great! I have actually not played any poker since before Kaitlyn was born, as I am a stay at home dad, like Mark and spend most of my spare time with family. I am thinking about playing in the World Series of Poker next year (if I can save some $ for the $10k entry fee and quit buying so many cards that is frustrated ). I would also like to play a satellite tourney in NJ as well in 2008.

Hope everyone here has a Very Happy Holiday! beer santa rendeer

PS Don't end up like this tomorrow Mark! puke

scott elkins
Inactive

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Picture and brief summary... Empty Ha,Ha Scott...

Post by Square_Frame_Ramly Wed Dec 26, 2007 12:25 pm

Love those icons....No i was fine the next day because i ate alot before i drank. Live and learn i guess!!!!

I like to cook certain things and my specialty is beef wellington, i made mini beef wellingtons and the came out soooo good. I ate about a dozen so my belly was nice and full to soak up the Opa-Opa i drank. ( i think i had 5-6, don't really remember Razz )

Mark
Square_Frame_Ramly
Square_Frame_Ramly
FC NCAA Bracket Champ
FC NCAA Bracket Champ

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by hanksta Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:21 pm

Hello,
My name is Sean and I'm from Minneapolis, MN. I started collecting cards about 3 years ago now and have gone through a few changes; I started with T206's, finished the Minneapolis team set (8 cards) and then the minor league set and sold all but the Minneapolis team to start in a new direction (Minnesota/Minneapolis baseball stuff). Now I'm looking to start the Colgans Minneapolis set, I have the red border Ferris and that's it.

I've seen Jay in person and he is much bigger than his photo shows Very Happy.

Picture and brief summary... Sean

This is me in Mexico City waiting to catch a bus...

sdbh
hanksta
hanksta
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
Picture and brief summary... Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100Picture and brief summary... Right_bar_bleue

http://www.millcitycards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by scott elkins Wed Dec 26, 2007 10:11 pm

Mark, chocolate Milk works well to keep from getting sick and hangovers after you drink (in case you don't have time to eat before the beverages flow). pale

Sean, I guess since Jay has beefed up, he will be the "New Dr. Koos" of the Full Count Board. I remember the old Dr. Koos from the original Full Count Board was HUGE! I believe he said he could bench press over 500 lbs.! Shocked

scott elkins
Inactive

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Wed Dec 26, 2007 11:09 pm

When I moved from CA to MN, I had the full on biker look going. My was down to bottom of my shoulder blades and had a goatee that was about 6-8 inches long. I'd occasionally have it in a double braid.

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by hanksta Thu Dec 27, 2007 3:44 pm

Did you look like this Jay? bananarama

Picture and brief summary... Ventura-jesse
hanksta
hanksta
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
Picture and brief summary... Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100Picture and brief summary... Right_bar_bleue

http://www.millcitycards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next