Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The inevitible move towards PayPal?

+2
ullmandds
BigGuy219
6 posters

Go down

The inevitible move towards PayPal? Empty The inevitible move towards PayPal?

Post by BigGuy219 Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:00 am

With eBay it's been all about PayPal for about five years. I notice that when Brian Dwyer came on here to talk about his new auction house, he said he would be accepting PayPal. I thought that was interesting

I got an interesting invoice tonight from an auction house. They say I have the option of using PayPal, however if I send traditional payment, I will receive free shipping and insurance.

I assume this is because the PayPal fees they'll lose will be close to the cost of shipping and insurance.

I'll probably use PayPal because I don't actually have a checkbook so I have to go to the bank everytime I want a check made up.

You 'old timers' have any thoughts on PayPal slowly creeping in?
BigGuy219
BigGuy219
All-Time Greats Champion

Trader Points :
The inevitible move towards PayPal? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100The inevitible move towards PayPal? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

The inevitible move towards PayPal? Empty Re: The inevitible move towards PayPal?

Post by ullmandds Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:25 am

I'm hardly an old timer...but despite the fees...I love the convenience of paypal...and the protection it provides...not that I have ever had to use it.

It's just progress...and I really hate writing checks...so...its alright by me. And I can't fight everything!

pete
ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :
The inevitible move towards PayPal? Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100The inevitible move towards PayPal? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

The inevitible move towards PayPal? Empty Re: The inevitible move towards PayPal?

Post by sabrjay Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:03 am

I hate paypal. Been screwed by them too many times not mention double dipping my account for $500 card I was paying for. The govt needs to get serious with and treat them like a bank, which is what they are, not like whatever it is they are think they are.
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
The inevitible move towards PayPal? Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100The inevitible move towards PayPal? Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by jbonie Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:10 am

Paypal - you've to got pay money for the privilege of paying money.

Thanks, I'll pass rolling on the floor
jbonie
jbonie
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :
The inevitible move towards PayPal? Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100The inevitible move towards PayPal? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBig6 Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:17 am

Being an Ebay seller back in the day, I used paypal extensively and had alot of transactions thru them without a problem.
I had deadbeat bidders that didn't pay but never a problem with paypal. I guess I was extremely lucky.

Most of my auctions were fairly low dollar but I had my share of high dollar items , some going overseas which gave me the most anxiety..

I don't sell much on ebay anymore because of retirement but prefer to pay with paypal becuase of the protection it provides should I need it.
TheBig6
TheBig6
The Relic
The Relic

Trader Points :
The inevitible move towards PayPal? Left_bar_bleue27 / 10027 / 100The inevitible move towards PayPal? Right_bar_bleue

http://imageevent.com/ruckers

Back to top Go down

Post by hrbaker Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:28 pm

jbonie wrote:Paypal - you've to got pay money for the privilege of paying money.

Thanks, I'll pass rolling on the floor

Jamie,

You don't work for free do you?
And it is usually the receiver that pays the money.

Jeff

hrbaker
hrbaker
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
The inevitible move towards PayPal? Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100The inevitible move towards PayPal? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down