Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who's Your Fav. Deadball Hofer to Collect

+6
scott elkins
the-illini
JK2
fisherboy7
sabrjay
TheBig6
10 posters

Go down

Who's Your Fav. Deadball Hofer to Collect Empty Who's Your Fav. Deadball Hofer to Collect

Post by TheBig6 Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:58 am

Who's your top 5 Deadball Hofers to collect?
Mine are

• Matty
  • Johnson
  • Young
  • Lajoie
  • Keeler
TheBig6
TheBig6
The Relic
The Relic

Trader Points :
Who's Your Fav. Deadball Hofer to Collect Left_bar_bleue27 / 10027 / 100Who's Your Fav. Deadball Hofer to Collect Right_bar_bleue

http://imageevent.com/ruckers

Back to top Go down

Who's Your Fav. Deadball Hofer to Collect Empty Re: Who's Your Fav. Deadball Hofer to Collect

Post by sabrjay Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:56 am

Sam Crawford has always been a favorite of mine. Other than that, I don't have any other real favorites HOFers in the DBE.

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
Who's Your Fav. Deadball Hofer to Collect Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Who's Your Fav. Deadball Hofer to Collect Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Who's Your Fav. Deadball Hofer to Collect Empty Re: Who's Your Fav. Deadball Hofer to Collect

Post by fisherboy7 Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:37 am

My favorite hofers to collect are those who had unique personalities or stories behind them. I also tend to favor pitchers.

1. Plank
2. Joss
3. Waddell
4. Keeler
5. Brown

Too bad Joss and Keeler have fewer cards than most deadball HOFers. Some of the cards they are on are pretty great though. I'd put Mack on my list too if managers are included.
fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Admin
Admin

Trader Points :
Who's Your Fav. Deadball Hofer to Collect Left_bar_bleue55 / 10055 / 100Who's Your Fav. Deadball Hofer to Collect Right_bar_bleue

http://www.imageevent.com/fisherboy7

Back to top Go down

Post by JK2 Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:45 pm

Mine are (in no particular order):

Wagner
Johnson
Matty
Alexander
Cobb
JK2
JK2
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Trader Points :
Who's Your Fav. Deadball Hofer to Collect Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Who's Your Fav. Deadball Hofer to Collect Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by the-illini Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:53 pm

Grover Alexander is my favorite by a wide margin; A D381 Fleischmann Bread card of Alexander is one of my dream cards.

Harry Wright is another for me, but I need to get a Wright card before I can say he is one of my favorites to collect! Very Happy
the-illini
the-illini
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
Who's Your Fav. Deadball Hofer to Collect Left_bar_bleue11 / 10011 / 100Who's Your Fav. Deadball Hofer to Collect Right_bar_bleue

http://www.imageevent.com/crb972

Back to top Go down

Post by scott elkins Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:07 pm

Cobb
Lajoie
Matty
Cubs HOFers
Baker (had to include Baker, since I have a Red Hindu and BL 460 of him Smile )

scott elkins
Inactive

Trader Points :
Who's Your Fav. Deadball Hofer to Collect Left_bar_bleue8 / 1008 / 100Who's Your Fav. Deadball Hofer to Collect Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Who's Your Fav. Deadball Hofer to Collect Empty Well....

Post by Square_Frame_Ramly Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:14 pm

He is not a H.O.F yet (or maybe never) but William Dineen has allways been a player i have liked to collect. Not just because he is on my favorite card but what he did in all his years of baseball. He went on to become a respected umpire.

Only player/umpire to pitch a no hitter and call a no hitter. Won the first world series for the SOX with a record of 3-1 and ERA of 2.06 in 1903 world series. Also, Babe Ruth got in to an argument with Dineen on June 19/20, 1922...this is a letter by AL president Ban Johnson sent to Ruth on June 21, 1922:

"I was keenly disappointed and amazed when I received Umpire Dinneen's
report, recounting your shameful and abusive language to that official
in the game at Cleveland last Monday. Bill Dinneen was one of the
greatest pitchers the game ever produced, and with common consent we
hand to him today the just tribute. He is one of the cleanest and most
honorable men baseball ever fostered. ... Your conduct at Cleveland on
Monday was reprehensible to a great degree - shocking to every American
mother who permits her boy to go to a professional game. The American
League cares nothing for Ruth. The individual player means nothing to
the organization. When he steps on the ball field he is subject to our
control and discipline. ... Again you offended on Tuesday. You branded
Umpire Dinneen as 'yellow.' This is the most remarkable declaration a
modern ball player has made. Dinneen stands out in the history of the
game as one of the most courageous players we have ever had. If you
could match up to his standard you would not be in the trough you
occupy today. ... Coupled with your misconduct on Monday, you doubled
the penalty on Tuesday. You are hereby notified of your suspension for
five days without salary. It seems the period has arrived when you
should allow some intelligence to creep into a mind that has plainly
been warped."

Mark
Square_Frame_Ramly
Square_Frame_Ramly
FC NCAA Bracket Champ
FC NCAA Bracket Champ

Trader Points :
Who's Your Fav. Deadball Hofer to Collect Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100Who's Your Fav. Deadball Hofer to Collect Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Who's Your Fav. Deadball Hofer to Collect Empty favs

Post by rman444 Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:39 pm

Cobb
Wagner
Matty
Cobb
Wagner
rman444
rman444
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :
Who's Your Fav. Deadball Hofer to Collect Left_bar_bleue1 / 1001 / 100Who's Your Fav. Deadball Hofer to Collect Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:44 pm

I forgot Alexander. He was another HOFer whose cards I used to chase in the 80s. Hornsby is not a DBE player, but he was the only other HOFer whose cards I actively pursued.

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
Who's Your Fav. Deadball Hofer to Collect Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Who's Your Fav. Deadball Hofer to Collect Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Bicem Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:29 am

Waddell -- the guy was freakin' nuts!
Bicem
Bicem
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
Who's Your Fav. Deadball Hofer to Collect Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100Who's Your Fav. Deadball Hofer to Collect Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by mzm55 Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:05 am

Earl Moore!

Who's Your Fav. Deadball Hofer to Collect E107Moorefullcount Who's Your Fav. Deadball Hofer to Collect E9z

mzm55
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :
Who's Your Fav. Deadball Hofer to Collect Left_bar_bleue1 / 1001 / 100Who's Your Fav. Deadball Hofer to Collect Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBig6 Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:34 am

who'd a thunk it, A favorite son from Ohio makes the Full count HOF
TheBig6
TheBig6
The Relic
The Relic

Trader Points :
Who's Your Fav. Deadball Hofer to Collect Left_bar_bleue27 / 10027 / 100Who's Your Fav. Deadball Hofer to Collect Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by mzm55 Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:11 am

I should have read the title of your thread, Jerry. Oh well, Earl Moore's record is probably better than a handful of people in the Hall anyways. Very Happy

mzm55
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBig6 Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:46 am

Hi Zach,
It don't really have to be a hofer, he's in your hall and thats all that matters.
Love your e107
beer
TheBig6
TheBig6
The Relic
The Relic

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down