Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello everyone...Mike Williams here, it's been a while :)

+2
cccc
mwilliams
6 posters

Go down

Hello everyone...Mike Williams here, it's been a while :) Empty Hello everyone...Mike Williams here, it's been a while :)

Post by mwilliams Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:25 pm

Hi all...just wanted to pop my head in an say "hello and thanks" for keeping the Full Count Vintage Baseball Card fourm active and vibrant! I was talking to my 14 year old son about the old days (daze!) and when I did a Google search, this site showed up. I was stunned...then shocked to see a very nice mention of John and I on the board history. Then I started pouring over the archive and WOW...great, great stuff with a little craziness thrown in to keep it interesting. I remember writing the initial "Welcome" thread like it was yesterday. I hope everyone's well...I miss the hobby, and talking with many of you.

Take care,

Mike

mwilliams
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Trader Points :
Hello everyone...Mike Williams here, it's been a while :) Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Hello everyone...Mike Williams here, it's been a while :) Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Hello everyone...Mike Williams here, it's been a while :) Empty Re: Hello everyone...Mike Williams here, it's been a while :)

Post by cccc Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:08 pm

hi mike,

glad to see you're still around, hope you and your family are doing well and had a great holidays. not sure if you remember me but you and john were of great help when i just got started in the hobby. i was always excited clicking on the fullcount website every couple days to see if there were any new inventory. do you still keep in touch with john? he is such a gentleman.

quan
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
Hello everyone...Mike Williams here, it's been a while :) Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100Hello everyone...Mike Williams here, it's been a while :) Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Hello everyone...Mike Williams here, it's been a while :) Empty Re: Hello everyone...Mike Williams here, it's been a while :)

Post by mwilliams Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:32 pm

Hi Quan...of course I remember you! I still think about that time in Atlantic City when you commented on how "big" my digital camera was (a Sony Mavica that took 3 1/2 in floppies). I was lucky to get home from that show in one piece Smile

Sadly, I don't see/hear from John. He moved to England and that was that. The hobby took a lot out of us at the time. Wayyyy too much drama for something as innocent as baseball cards. Anyhow, glad you're well, thanks for saying hi.

Mike

mwilliams
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Trader Points :
Hello everyone...Mike Williams here, it's been a while :) Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Hello everyone...Mike Williams here, it's been a while :) Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:46 pm

Mike, very nice of you to stop in and say hello. I got back into the hobby just after the original FC shut down, but I heard lots about it. Many of the original people that got this board going were part of the old FC and we all thought it was a great idea to pay homage to the original vintage baseball card forum.
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
Hello everyone...Mike Williams here, it's been a while :) Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Hello everyone...Mike Williams here, it's been a while :) Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by pro9 Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:46 am

Wow, Great blast from the past! Hi Mike, don't be a stranger here, make sure you drop by from time to time, maybe we can get you interested in cards again.
best regards,
Elliot

pro9
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Trader Points :
Hello everyone...Mike Williams here, it's been a while :) Left_bar_bleue1 / 1001 / 100Hello everyone...Mike Williams here, it's been a while :) Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim Rivera cfc1909 Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:08 pm

Good stuff. E was king when I showed up and actually still is my book.
did go back and read much of the original FC and remember bidding in the early ebay days when you could see every bodies id.

I know you remember this one-one of my few winning over FC.

Hello everyone...Mike Williams here, it's been a while :) Jennin11

Hello everyone...Mike Williams here, it's been a while :) Jennin10
Jim Rivera cfc1909
Jim Rivera cfc1909
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
Hello everyone...Mike Williams here, it's been a while :) Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100Hello everyone...Mike Williams here, it's been a while :) Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by mwilliams Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:36 pm

Hi Elliot, Jay etc. thanks for the replies! The hobby has never really left me, I left it (if that makes sense). I still have a few E cards stashed, but I think more about all the ones I let get away Smile

Jim...I remember the Uzit, John thought long and hard about letting that one go, glad you still have it!

Be well,

Mike

mwilliams
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:03 pm

Leaving the hobby but it never leaving you makes perfect sense. I left the hobby for 10 years only to get sucked back in.
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
Hello everyone...Mike Williams here, it's been a while :) Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Hello everyone...Mike Williams here, it's been a while :) Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by cccc Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:29 pm

speaking of that AC trip i also met seth nagdeman from 19th century, seems like he's been absent for awhile also. the hobby is certainly less fun and enjoyable when good people like mike/john and seth leave and move on.

jim...killer UZIT
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
Hello everyone...Mike Williams here, it's been a while :) Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100Hello everyone...Mike Williams here, it's been a while :) Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by fisherboy7 Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:43 pm

Great to see that you found us Mike! What you see here is in many ways an homage to what you guys started years ago. I arrived on the prewar scene shortly after the old Full Count board folded.....but have heard your name (and John's) mentioned many times here on this forum. We owe you a debt of gratitude for getting the ball rolling. Hope you continue to check in from time to time!

All the best.
fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Admin
Admin

Trader Points :
Hello everyone...Mike Williams here, it's been a while :) Left_bar_bleue55 / 10055 / 100Hello everyone...Mike Williams here, it's been a while :) Right_bar_bleue

http://www.imageevent.com/fisherboy7

Back to top Go down

Post by mwilliams Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:14 pm

Hi Ben...thank you very much for the kind words! John and I both loved the hobby and just wanted a place to talk with other pre-WWII, cardboard obsessed junkies. We found 'em (and they us) and we're all better for it! The old Full Count board was very rudimentary...even crude in its design and functionality. But, it served its purpose and has now morphed into what you see today...a well designed, well run forum that provides a wealth of knowledge and good will.

Be well,

Mike

mwilliams
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down