Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

what are these strip cards worth?

+2
pariah1107
dack13
6 posters

Go down

what are these strip cards worth? Empty what are these strip cards worth?

Post by dack13 Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:43 pm

Have no idea about these cards found them in a lot I bought. Let me know if you have any information what these are and how much they are worth thanks!

what are these strip cards worth? 001

dack13
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Trader Points :
what are these strip cards worth? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100what are these strip cards worth? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

what are these strip cards worth? Empty Re: what are these strip cards worth?

Post by pariah1107 Sat Dec 25, 2010 4:44 am

All cards were made by International Feature Service (IFS) in conjunction with Universal Toy Company. From R-L Christy Mathewson w516-2-1, Christy Mathewson w516-2-2, ? name and Walter Johnson w515-1. They all look Authentic, The Mathewsons are probably $30-$50 each, the player whose name I can't make out if a common $10-$15, and the Walter Johnson $30-$50. Good luck, nice cards.
pariah1107
pariah1107
Legend
Legend

Trader Points :
what are these strip cards worth? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100what are these strip cards worth? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by nolemmings Sat Dec 25, 2010 6:46 am

the other card looks to be Rogers Hornsby, facially at least. If so, I would guess it to be worth about the same as the Johnson, although it's hard to tell how severe that vertical bend shows when the card is not shown in that glare, which would would affect its value as well.
nolemmings
nolemmings
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
what are these strip cards worth? Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100what are these strip cards worth? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by dack13 Sat Dec 25, 2010 7:07 am

thanks guys the other card is Rogers Hornsby, so would it be safe to say I could start all these cards on ebay with an opening bid of $24.99 and sell them, of do they need graded, etc.

dack13
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by fisherboy7 Sat Dec 25, 2010 5:27 pm

Yes I think you'd be safe starting them at 24.99.....or even 9.99 and save a few bucks on listing fees. I don't think there's any value to have them graded....the grading fees would outweigh the potential profit of having them slabbed.

ps. I agree with Pariah's valuation of the cards. And the W515 next to Johnson is in fact Hornsby.
fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Admin
Admin

Trader Points :
what are these strip cards worth? Left_bar_bleue55 / 10055 / 100what are these strip cards worth? Right_bar_bleue

http://www.imageevent.com/fisherboy7

Back to top Go down

Post by dack13 Sat Dec 25, 2010 5:41 pm

hey guys thanks a lot for your help with these cards. I've collected cards for a long time just never vintage cards. Great looking site with lots of info. Thanks again

dack13
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by oaks1912 Sat Dec 25, 2010 8:17 pm

Not be be the devil's advocate, but the Johnson , Hornsby and the larger Mathewson look like color copies based on the scan. A typical strip card does not 'shine' like these appear to... Would look at these closer before offering them to someone as original...

oaks1912
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Sun Dec 26, 2010 3:29 am

Mark makes a good point, strip cards should not have a shine to them. Also, the fact that all these "throw-ins" are HOFers makes for a red flag too.
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
what are these strip cards worth? Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100what are these strip cards worth? Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by pariah1107 Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:13 pm

Good point guys, I thought it might be a scan/flash reflection, but the Rogers Hornsby w515-1 should also have a light green background. So I don't know what to make of these.
pariah1107
pariah1107
Legend
Legend

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down