Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Posting in the correct category - a clarification

Go down

Posting in the correct category - a clarification Empty Posting in the correct category - a clarification

Post by fisherboy7 Tue Feb 12, 2008 5:36 pm

I thought I'd post this just to there's no confusion as to where various topics belong. Heck, I've been mixed up about it myself a few times too. The BST and O/T sections need no explanation as most people have been posting in the right categories there. The "Hobby Talk" section is what needs some clarification - especially the distinction between the "Pre-WW2 Cards" and "Hobby News" categories.

HOBBY TALK

Pre-WW2 Cards: Any topic related to a specific card or set. This could include focused topics such "t206 back rarity" as well as questions such as "is this card authentic?" or "why was this card so expensive?".

Recent Acquisitions & Favorite Cards: Self explanatory.

Hobby News: Any hobby topic NOT related to a specific card or set. This could include topics such as "Ebay seller policies" or "January REA auction" or "2008 National" or "benefits of card grading".

Helpful Information for Collectors: like the subtext says, "Information regarding Ebay & Paypal scams, people & businesses in the hobby to avoid, and tips for detecting card alterations and reprints". Any warnings or info about bad sellers or experiences go here. And there's also the new Virtual Sets sub-category which everyone can contribute to.

From time to time, a topic posted in the incorrect category will be moved to the appropriate category. Nothing has been or will ever be deleted though, so if you don't see your topic where it was originally posted, it was likely moved.

The forum has been great lately, lots of quality posts and content. Keep it up fellas! righton
fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Admin
Admin

Trader Points :
Posting in the correct category - a clarification Left_bar_bleue55 / 10055 / 100Posting in the correct category - a clarification Right_bar_bleue

http://www.imageevent.com/fisherboy7

Back to top Go down