Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coolest things you've seen...but didn't buy..wish you did!!!

+5
canjond
fisherboy7
sabrjay
crazylocomerk
ullmandds
9 posters

Go down

Coolest things you've seen...but didn't buy..wish you did!!! Empty Coolest things you've seen...but didn't buy..wish you did!!!

Post by ullmandds Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:46 pm

In my lifetime of collecting BB cards on a budget most of my life...I've seen some great cards that I wished I pulled the trigger on...but at the time...the prices seemed ridiculous! Here are some of my regrets:

-ledger pages from the ATC with examples of T206 fronts/backs(Carolina Brights, Hindu, EPDG)...Tik and Tik...95 NAt'l @$300 ea

-Letter from Uzit to ATC with 4-5 card examples attached to the letter...95' Nat'l @@2000 if I remember right

-T215 Pirate Common in ex-mt...$2500...95' Nat'l

-BL460 $350 90's PEnn show

Share some of yours!

ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :
Coolest things you've seen...but didn't buy..wish you did!!! Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100Coolest things you've seen...but didn't buy..wish you did!!! Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Coolest things you've seen...but didn't buy..wish you did!!! Empty Re: Coolest things you've seen...but didn't buy..wish you did!!!

Post by crazylocomerk Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:11 pm

ullmandds wrote:In my lifetime of collecting BB cards on a budget most of my life...I've seen some great cards that I wished I pulled the trigger on...but at the time...the prices seemed ridiculous! Here are some of my regrets:

-ledger pages from the ATC with examples of T206 fronts/backs(Carolina Brights, Hindu, EPDG)...Tik and Tik...95 NAt'l @$300 ea

-Letter from Uzit to ATC with 4-5 card examples attached to the letter...95' Nat'l @@2000 if I remember right

-T215 Pirate Common in ex-mt...$1500...95' Nat'l

-BL460 $350 90's PEnn show

Share some of yours!

Wow....it's crazy to even hear prices that low on items like that. Ah...if only I would have had the insight to get into this hobby earlier....instead of jumping in at the peak. Kind of like my house!
crazylocomerk
crazylocomerk
KOTTON King
KOTTON King

Trader Points :
Coolest things you've seen...but didn't buy..wish you did!!! Left_bar_bleue12 / 10012 / 100Coolest things you've seen...but didn't buy..wish you did!!! Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Coolest things you've seen...but didn't buy..wish you did!!! Empty Re: Coolest things you've seen...but didn't buy..wish you did!!!

Post by sabrjay Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:17 pm

Biggest regret, not buying one of the complete sets of 1915 CJs from the big find in the late 80s. I don't recall the price but I do remember I had just bought some really nice hi # '48 Bowman basketball that included 2 Mikans and some hi # '35 National Chicle football that included Nagurski and Rockne.
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
Coolest things you've seen...but didn't buy..wish you did!!! Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Coolest things you've seen...but didn't buy..wish you did!!! Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:20 pm

crazylocomerk wrote:Wow....it's crazy to even hear prices that low on items like that. Ah...if only I would have had the insight to get into this hobby earlier....instead of jumping in at the peak. Kind of like my house!

I had a chance in early 1982 to buy a beat to crap t206 Wagner for $5k. If could have scraped up the money I would have done it.
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
Coolest things you've seen...but didn't buy..wish you did!!! Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Coolest things you've seen...but didn't buy..wish you did!!! Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by ullmandds Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:06 pm

WOW, JAY...5K...BUT WOULD YOU STILL HAVE IT? DOUBT IT!!!! bananarama
ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :
Coolest things you've seen...but didn't buy..wish you did!!! Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100Coolest things you've seen...but didn't buy..wish you did!!! Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:08 pm

probably not since I sold my entire collection by 1992. The only cards that survived were ones that were tucked into the pages of books.

I know, I'm weird.
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by ullmandds Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:56 pm

Jay...when I die...whoever ends up with all of my crap had better flip through every page of every book I have as I have always tucked little gems in pages of books to protect them...my name is Pete Ullman...and I'm weird too!!!!
ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by fisherboy7 Sat Dec 04, 2010 2:51 pm

One of my bigger regrets was when I spotted a 1914 Boston Garter Lajoie mixed in with a bunch of random postcards in a ebay Live! auction in about 2003. There were barely any views on the lot. I was all set to bid, but waited too long. When I tried, the bidding had already gone to the floor and no more online bids could be submitted! It ended up going for an absolute STEAL of a price, around $1000 if I recall.

frustrated

Another big regret was that fateful night years ago on ebay when Levi Bleam listed a bunch of E107 HOFers at bargain BIN's. I've told the story many times before on here so I'll refrain this time. But Let's just say I could have had E107's of Lajoie, Bender, Mcginnity, and Flick for the price of what just ONE would cost today in horrible condition.

frustrated
fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Admin
Admin

Trader Points :
Coolest things you've seen...but didn't buy..wish you did!!! Left_bar_bleue55 / 10055 / 100Coolest things you've seen...but didn't buy..wish you did!!! Right_bar_bleue

http://www.imageevent.com/fisherboy7

Back to top Go down

Post by canjond Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:17 pm

PSA 4 E90-1 Jackson at a small show in upstate NY for $1200. At the time, the card was maybe worth $1800 and the seller needed to move it quickly. But $1200 on the card wasn't such a great price for me to justify buying it.
canjond
canjond
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :
Coolest things you've seen...but didn't buy..wish you did!!! Left_bar_bleue3 / 1003 / 100Coolest things you've seen...but didn't buy..wish you did!!! Right_bar_bleue

http://www.baseballandtobacco.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBig6 Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:00 am

1990 National, I believe in Dallas or Houston, don't remember
Tik had 2 or 3 diff. poses of N173 Duffy, real nice ones. Tik was kinda high at the time but a relative bargain by todays standards.
I bought a T3 Johnson that turned out to be a PSA5 and a Matty S81 silk that day. Also saw a black border Mack N173 but I think it was out of my price range.
I would still have the Duffy but have since sold the Johnson T3,
TheBig6
TheBig6
The Relic
The Relic

Trader Points :
Coolest things you've seen...but didn't buy..wish you did!!! Left_bar_bleue27 / 10027 / 100Coolest things you've seen...but didn't buy..wish you did!!! Right_bar_bleue

http://imageevent.com/ruckers

Back to top Go down

Post by jbonie Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:30 am

Back in the late 90's and N28 Bennett PSA 8 was going for $2000 at SCP and I decided to pass as that was way above SMR. Whoops. Would prolly go for 10k today.
jbonie
jbonie
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :
Coolest things you've seen...but didn't buy..wish you did!!! Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100Coolest things you've seen...but didn't buy..wish you did!!! Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by cccc Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:40 am

julie's t206 plank 5-6 years back. i think it was in a 2 holder and she sold it for 10k? just didn't have the money. yea this was when G/VG e107 hofs were going for 1-1.5k.
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
Coolest things you've seen...but didn't buy..wish you did!!! Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100Coolest things you've seen...but didn't buy..wish you did!!! Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGuy219 Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:04 am

Let this be a lesson to everyone. If you see something, buy it. If you have to mortgage your house, empty your kid's college fund, sell an organ to a Russian oil tycoon ... do it. Because if you don't, you'll regret it!
BigGuy219
BigGuy219
All-Time Greats Champion

Trader Points :
Coolest things you've seen...but didn't buy..wish you did!!! Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Coolest things you've seen...but didn't buy..wish you did!!! Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down