Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What do you do with multiple non paying bidders on ebay?

4 posters

Go down

What do you do with multiple non paying bidders on ebay? Empty What do you do with multiple non paying bidders on ebay?

Post by lentel Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:53 pm

I had a few auctions end 7 days ago on ebay and havent recieved any payment or correspondence from any of the 3 different buyers. I sent an invoice at auction end and then this morning a message if they intended to pay. What happens now. Not that I sell a lot but never had anyone stiff me before? What do you do with multiple non paying bidders on ebay? 908305 It was $300 plus in stuff

Last edited by lentel on Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:54 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : type o)
lentel
lentel
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Trader Points :
What do you do with multiple non paying bidders on ebay? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100What do you do with multiple non paying bidders on ebay? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

What do you do with multiple non paying bidders on ebay? Empty Re: What do you do with multiple non paying bidders on ebay?

Post by bowlingshoeguy Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:26 pm

Hi,

I would send off another email and if they do not respond to it by Wednesday then send a non-paying bidder through ebay. Ebay requires this if you expect to get your fess refunded.

Good Luck and keep us abreast,

Lee
bowlingshoeguy
bowlingshoeguy
Sultan of the Cycle Back
Sultan of the Cycle Back

Trader Points :
What do you do with multiple non paying bidders on ebay? Left_bar_bleue53 / 10053 / 100What do you do with multiple non paying bidders on ebay? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

What do you do with multiple non paying bidders on ebay? Empty Re: What do you do with multiple non paying bidders on ebay?

Post by LucasRiley Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:41 pm

I can personally testify that sometimes the buyer isn't necessarily a deadbeat. I'm in a similar situation; I mailed out a check to an eBay seller about eight days ago and that person is telling me she still hasn't gotten it. I have a spotless buying record, I'm not trying to screw this woman over. I mean, in the final analysis, I want the cards! ('58T's, BTW. Love the set.) But sometimes snail mail lives up to its name.

In addition to filing the grievance through eBay as recommended by the other responder, I would also make sure to leave these people negative feedback if they don't eventually come through. It's possible they don't care, but if they're anything like me, I pride myself greatly on the fact that I've never had a negative feedback. I work very hard to be open and honest with my sellers; if it took me a few days longer to get the check or money order in the mail than anticipated, I admit it. If these buyers of yours get enough negatives, people will stop selling to them.

Hope it works out.
LucasRiley
LucasRiley
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
What do you do with multiple non paying bidders on ebay? Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100What do you do with multiple non paying bidders on ebay? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by smtjoy Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:13 pm

Well for one I was told by ebay that you need to wait ten business days to receive payment, after that you can open a case for non payment. I find that most people will pay once the case is open. I have had 5 of these in the last 4 months and all paid. I just think times are tough and people sometimes buy more than they can afford and wait to pay till the last second.

Good luck.
smtjoy
smtjoy
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :
What do you do with multiple non paying bidders on ebay? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100What do you do with multiple non paying bidders on ebay? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

What do you do with multiple non paying bidders on ebay? Empty update

Post by lentel Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:28 am

Two of the three people have paid totaling 90%+ of what is due. The third person contacted me about 5 or 6 days ago saying they intented to pay this week by paypal but as of yet nothing. Funny they have paid other auctions in the $5 to $10 dollar range but not mine. The amount due is less than $40 so now I am not too worried about it but I have a feeling this will be the first complete non payment for me to encounter.
It may be a case of some one over bidding and just not having the money. I hate to file a non paying bidder claim but will give it another week (21 days since auction end) and probably file one to get my fees back What do you do with multiple non paying bidders on ebay? Icon_redface
lentel
lentel
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down