Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cards that you wish existed…

+10
Z-NUT
arandy
crazylocomerk
t206head
ItsOnlyGil
scott elkins
Square_Frame_Ramly
sabrjay
fisherboy7
wonkaticket
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Cards that you wish existed… - Page 2 Empty Re: Cards that you wish existed…

Post by ItsOnlyGil Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:23 am

Cards that you wish existed… - Page 2 T10012
ItsOnlyGil
ItsOnlyGil
Retired
Retired

Trader Points :
Cards that you wish existed… - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100Cards that you wish existed… - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Z-NUT Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:20 am

Nice pic,Gil, Thanks for posting it! I've always loved that pic of Satch. If there were a 1940 PlayBall of Paige, that would be the ideal pose.

Z-NUT
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
Cards that you wish existed… - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100Cards that you wish existed… - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by fisherboy7 Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:27 am

I think Satch on a mid 20's b&w caramel issue (E126, E210 York) would have been great. There could have been so many great cards of the negro leaguers. Fortunately, many of them made it into the Cuban issues.

A T206 Mack was a tall order - a valiant effort Randy Cool Grabbing a Buchner image, not him though. I was sorta picturing an older Mr. Mack in his typical suit and hat.
fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Admin
Admin

Trader Points :
Cards that you wish existed… - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue55 / 10055 / 100Cards that you wish existed… - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

http://www.imageevent.com/fisherboy7

Back to top Go down

Post by fisherboy7 Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:45 am

OK here's the new card that I wish existed:

N172 Old Judge Mack portrait.

Cards that you wish existed… - Page 2 Mack10
fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Admin
Admin

Trader Points :
Cards that you wish existed… - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue55 / 10055 / 100Cards that you wish existed… - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by arandy Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:06 pm

fisherboy7 wrote:I was sorta picturing an older Mr. Mack in his typical suit and hat.

Cards that you wish existed… - Page 2 New_pi13

-Randy
arandy
arandy
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
Cards that you wish existed… - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue1 / 1001 / 100Cards that you wish existed… - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by jerseygary Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:05 am

I always thought Ruth would look cool in a T-206 format playing for Baltimore, even though he started a few years after the set was made...

Cards that you wish existed… - Page 2 Cierad11

jerseygary
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Trader Points :
Cards that you wish existed… - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Cards that you wish existed… - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by fisherboy7 Sat Aug 23, 2008 12:50 am

A reader send me a scan of a T206 Mack he created. He might want to remain anonymous so I'll just post it and he can take credit for it if he pleases Smile

Cards that you wish existed… - Page 2 T206_m10

Keep the creations coming fellas.
fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Admin
Admin

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by jerseygary Sat Aug 23, 2008 7:33 am

Scans aint that good but here are some negro leaguers I did back in '91 for a set that was never produced due to copyright issues and placed into a 41 Play Ball frame...

Cards that you wish existed… - Page 2 41pb_g12

Cards that you wish existed… - Page 2 41pb_l11

jerseygary
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Trader Points :
Cards that you wish existed… - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Cards that you wish existed… - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by fisherboy7 Sat Aug 23, 2008 5:34 pm

jerseygary wrote:Scans aint that good but here are some negro leaguers I did back in '91 for a set that was never produced due to copyright issues and placed into a 41 Play Ball frame...

Those are very, very cool. Thanks for posting them, and welcome to the forum. righton

What kind of a set were they intended for? Got any more to show?
fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Admin
Admin

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by jerseygary Sat Aug 23, 2008 6:45 pm

Thanks! Those drawings were part of a set of 30 I did but right before printing time the lawyers swept in on us. We were gooing to donate half of the proceeds to the Negro League Ballplayers Assocciation but around this time some dirtbag dealers in NY and NJ tricked most of t he remaining Negro Leaguers into signing over their likenesses to them for chump change. Then all we had were a bunch of half-baked card sets that didn't do those guys justice. Our set was going to be printed like the 33 Goudy sets, on similar card stock and basicly a real classy job. I always wanted to see what those guys would have looked like in a Goudy or Diamond Stars format. I wound up giving most of the drawings away to the players or to collectors that appreciated that stuff back then. I saved photographs of a few, like the ones I made the Play Ball ones from. Anyway, here are 2 newer ones I did for fun of Dave Brown and Bullet Joe Rogan..

Cards that you wish existed… - Page 2 T20710

jerseygary
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by fisherboy7 Sun Aug 24, 2008 6:01 pm

Gary, it's truly unfortunate that that set never came to fruition. It's great seeing those negro leaguers on a prewar style card. The artwork on the newer pair, Brown & Rogan, is really impressive. The design of those cards looks alot like the T205 Minor league design.

Another fantasy creation worth mentioning are the Helmar reissues, some of which I believe were done by another talented artist, Monty Sheldon.

Anyways, thanks again for sharing. This is the kind of thing I'd love to get involved with someday. If you have any more to show, don't be shy Smile

Cards that you wish existed… - Page 2 Helmar13

Cards that you wish existed… - Page 2 2006-h10Cards that you wish existed… - Page 2 Jackso10
fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Admin
Admin

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by fisherboy7 Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:15 pm

How about this "jumbo" Georgia Peach...

Cards that you wish existed… - Page 2 Tycobb10

Razz
fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Admin
Admin

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by terjung Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:38 pm

That's just sick and wrong, Ben.

By the way, does anybody else think that Ben's Lou Gehrig Diamond Star mockup on Page 1 looks like Walter Matthau?
terjung
terjung
Legend
Legend

Trader Points :
Cards that you wish existed… - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue8 / 1008 / 100Cards that you wish existed… - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Cards that you wish existed… - Page 2 Empty In terms of fantasy cards

Post by hrbaker Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:15 pm

I think that Mike Wheat did a great job with his Deadball Exhibits:
Cards that you wish existed… - Page 2 DBEXhibits
hrbaker
hrbaker
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
Cards that you wish existed… - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100Cards that you wish existed… - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by t2069bk Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:22 pm

While having no artistic talent I can't mock one up but a Cub ...any Cub - Dizzy Dean, Billy Herman or Gabby Hartnett especially in the 1941 Playball. That is a great set but I boycott it for the lack of Cubbies!
t2069bk
t2069bk
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Trader Points :
Cards that you wish existed… - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100Cards that you wish existed… - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2