Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's the funniest/strangest BEER name you've seen?

+5
bowlingshoeguy
scott elkins
sabrjay
ItsOnlyGil
crazylocomerk
9 posters

Go down

What's the funniest/strangest BEER name you've seen? Empty What's the funniest/strangest BEER name you've seen?

Post by crazylocomerk Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:10 pm

I know this is WAY off topic, but that's what this section
is for. And I had to share a Beer name with you guys that I thought was hilarious. The name alone was why I bought the 6 pack, and I must admit, it's a great marketing ploy.

Then I actually found it surprisingly good. I was really impressed with it. One of the better Ales I've tried.

It's called:

BUTT MONKEY Chimp Chiller Ale.

The slogan for it is: "Get off your Butt and Grab a Monkey"

It is brewed and bottled by Golden Beverage Company in Wilkes Barre, PA.
crazylocomerk
crazylocomerk
KOTTON King
KOTTON King

Trader Points :
What's the funniest/strangest BEER name you've seen? Left_bar_bleue12 / 10012 / 100What's the funniest/strangest BEER name you've seen? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

What's the funniest/strangest BEER name you've seen? Empty Re: What's the funniest/strangest BEER name you've seen?

Post by ItsOnlyGil Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:45 pm

Thats ridiculous.
What's the funniest/strangest BEER name you've seen? G001710
ItsOnlyGil
ItsOnlyGil
Retired
Retired

Trader Points :
What's the funniest/strangest BEER name you've seen? Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100What's the funniest/strangest BEER name you've seen? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

What's the funniest/strangest BEER name you've seen? Empty Re: What's the funniest/strangest BEER name you've seen?

Post by sabrjay Sun Jan 27, 2008 6:00 pm

The best name for a style of beer is firkin. It's unfiltered, unpasturized and naturally carbonated.

When I managed a bar, I had button that I wore on my apron that said "I serve great firkin beer"

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
What's the funniest/strangest BEER name you've seen? Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100What's the funniest/strangest BEER name you've seen? Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by crazylocomerk Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:03 pm

sabrjay wrote:I had button that I wore on my apron that said "I serve great firkin beer"

Jay

That's funny!
crazylocomerk
crazylocomerk
KOTTON King
KOTTON King

Trader Points :
What's the funniest/strangest BEER name you've seen? Left_bar_bleue12 / 10012 / 100What's the funniest/strangest BEER name you've seen? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by scott elkins Sun Jan 27, 2008 8:21 pm

I have to admit, I haven't been to the bars as much as I use to, so I am out of touch with these new beers (which I have never seen before btw). From someone who only orders Coors Light or Michelob Light for beers, these names and the Butt Monkey bottle are hilarious!

scott elkins
Inactive

Trader Points :
What's the funniest/strangest BEER name you've seen? Left_bar_bleue8 / 1008 / 100What's the funniest/strangest BEER name you've seen? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by bowlingshoeguy Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:48 pm

My compnay recently picked up a rather good brown ale called Moose Drool. Not quite Butt Monkey but a unique name.

Lee
bowlingshoeguy
bowlingshoeguy
Sultan of the Cycle Back
Sultan of the Cycle Back

Trader Points :
What's the funniest/strangest BEER name you've seen? Left_bar_bleue53 / 10053 / 100What's the funniest/strangest BEER name you've seen? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by crazylocomerk Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:40 pm

bowlingshoeguy wrote:My compnay recently picked up a rather good brown ale called Moose Drool. Not quite Butt Monkey but a unique name.

Lee

Is that produced and bottled in Maine?
crazylocomerk
crazylocomerk
KOTTON King
KOTTON King

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by bowlingshoeguy Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:06 am

Big Sky Brewery in Montana. They also have Trout Slayer, Scape Goat & an IPA that tastes horrible.

Lee
bowlingshoeguy
bowlingshoeguy
Sultan of the Cycle Back
Sultan of the Cycle Back

Trader Points :
What's the funniest/strangest BEER name you've seen? Left_bar_bleue53 / 10053 / 100What's the funniest/strangest BEER name you've seen? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by hanksta Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:26 pm

I've actually just started brewing my own beer, simply
called sdbh brew right now...better name ideas?

I've just started cracking into the first batch, tastes pretty good, a bit
hoppy but I'm learning. If we ever get together one day sdbh brew could sponsor
the beer!

But Leinie's does make a beer called Big Butt...I think it's the side effect if
you have too many.

beer
hanksta
hanksta
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
What's the funniest/strangest BEER name you've seen? Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100What's the funniest/strangest BEER name you've seen? Right_bar_bleue

http://www.millcitycards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by fisherboy7 Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:32 pm

There was a memorable a French micro brew people used to drink when I lived in Montreal - called "La Fin du Monde" which translates as "The End of the World". The name has to mean one of two things; either it's in honor of the explorers who thought they reached the end of the world when they hit North America (says that on the label), OR, it accurately describes its effect after your first sip (my theory).

Truly a horrible beer but I always got a kick out of the name.
fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Admin
Admin

Trader Points :
What's the funniest/strangest BEER name you've seen? Left_bar_bleue55 / 10055 / 100What's the funniest/strangest BEER name you've seen? Right_bar_bleue

http://www.imageevent.com/fisherboy7

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:43 pm

What type of beer you brewing? My best friend brews his own beer. He has a good copy recipie for Newcastle Brown Ale. He switches up what he brews, but generally always darker beers as he likes stouts and heavier beers. I think he buys his supplies online from someone in MN, but with you in The Cities, you probably have easy access to ingredients.

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
What's the funniest/strangest BEER name you've seen? Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100What's the funniest/strangest BEER name you've seen? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by hanksta Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:03 pm

The first beer was an Amber. The others I'm bottling
tomorrow are a Cream Ale (kind of like an Old Speckled Hen) and a German Black
Lager. I've had a taste from them both and they are pretty good, once
they get a little carbonation they should be mummm mummm good.

I go to this place called Midwest Homebrewing, they have some pretty amazing
kits (many have recipes to mimic brand name beers) and the price comes out to
be about 25 cents a bottle.

57 minutes till beer time!
hanksta
hanksta
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
What's the funniest/strangest BEER name you've seen? Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100What's the funniest/strangest BEER name you've seen? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:42 pm

I think that is the palce my friend gets his supplies from. Try the one that is supposed to be like Newcastle. We are both huge fans of Newcastle and think the homebrew version is even better.

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by hanksta Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:47 pm

Done! I love Newcastle.

I'm guessing this is it:
http://www.midwestsupplies.com/products/ProdByID.aspx?ProdID=3602

It will be the next batch for me.
sdbh
hanksta
hanksta
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

What's the funniest/strangest BEER name you've seen? Empty myself...

Post by Square_Frame_Ramly Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:54 pm

I only drink OPA-OPA IPA beer now. Very good beer....i would rate it a 9.5. I have been drinking LaQuintas IPA for a while and would also give it a high 9.

Mark beer
Square_Frame_Ramly
Square_Frame_Ramly
FC NCAA Bracket Champ
FC NCAA Bracket Champ

Trader Points :
What's the funniest/strangest BEER name you've seen? Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100What's the funniest/strangest BEER name you've seen? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by crazylocomerk Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:09 pm

My favorite beer would have to be Spotted Cow brewed by New Glarus Brewery, in New Glarus, WI.

Fantastic Crop Wheat and one of the best micro brews I've ever had. Every time I go to Wisconsin to visit the wife's Fam, I try to bring some back with me to Jersey.

They also have a great seasonal called Totally Naked. Another fantastic beer. Some of the best MicroBrews in the country are located in Wisconsin. One of the things I miss from home.
crazylocomerk
crazylocomerk
KOTTON King
KOTTON King

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:59 pm

Sierra Nevada Bigfoot Ale (actually a barely wine) is awesome. Sadly, they they brew so little that there is barely enough for demand in NorCal. I always had to fight to get just 10 cases for the bar I managed.

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by glenv Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:10 pm

The Sierra Nevada Bock is great too, but I've never seen it outside the brew pub. When I left Chico, I grabbed some "moving" boxes from a liquor store, and one was for SN Bock, so they at least bottled a case...

glenv
FC NCAA Bracket Champ
FC NCAA Bracket Champ

Trader Points :
What's the funniest/strangest BEER name you've seen? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100What's the funniest/strangest BEER name you've seen? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by hanksta Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:24 pm

I used to really love Fat Tire. When I worked for a
recording studio in Cannon Falls, MN we had a band that would ship Fat Tire in
by the pallet in a refrigerated truck (they had way too much money), it tasted
a lot better back then...not sure what happened, I think the long ride screws
it up.
hanksta
hanksta
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down