Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Juicer in the Hall?

4 posters

Go down

Juicer in the Hall? Empty Juicer in the Hall?

Post by TheRiddler Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:24 am

Jose Canseco, whose 2005 book arguably started the cascade of revelations and an investigation into the use of performance-enhancing drugs in baseball, barely raised an eyebrow when he was told David Ortiz and Manny Ramirez are reportedly on the list of 104 players who tested positive in 2003.

"When you tell me something I didn't already know, I'll be surprised," Canseco told ESPN. "And I'll tell you this, Major League Baseball is going to have a big, big problem on their hands when they find out they have a Hall of Famer who's used."

When asked to name who that Hall of Fame player is, Canseco refused to divulge who he believes it is.

"It's not about naming names," he said. "I've never had anything against the players. It's always been against Major League Baseball. I know who's on that list, but like I said, it's not about attacking the players. It's about the machine that allowed this to happen. What I speak out of my mouth is the truth. It burns like fire. Just remember, I have never lied about this subject."
TheRiddler
TheRiddler
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :
Juicer in the Hall? Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100Juicer in the Hall? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Juicer in the Hall? Empty Re: Juicer in the Hall?

Post by sabrjay Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:12 pm

It still amazes me all the people that vilified Canseco for his book. As he said, everything he has said was the truth and that seems to have been born out.

It was always my contention that that everyone used and we need to forget about who used and who didn't. They were playing against other juiced up players so no one had an advantage. It has made a mockery of the record book, but care less about records and more about how good you were againjst your contemporaries.

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
Juicer in the Hall? Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Juicer in the Hall? Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by cmoking Sat Aug 01, 2009 3:34 pm

I think Rickey Henderson would be a suspect. It would be rattling if it was a guy with a clean-cut image like Ripken, but I doubt he's the one Canseco is thinking of since they never played together before - but Canseco did play with Rickey. Could it be that they were/are friends and Canseco didn't want to ruin his chances of getting into the HOF, but now that Rickey is in, he's not so worried about damaging Rickey's reputation since they probably won't kick him out of the HOF?

cmoking
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :
Juicer in the Hall? Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100Juicer in the Hall? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRiddler Sat Aug 01, 2009 5:16 pm

"everyone used and we need to forget about who used and who didn't. They were playing against other juiced"
AMEN
fuggetaboutit rendeer
TheRiddler
TheRiddler
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :
Juicer in the Hall? Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100Juicer in the Hall? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by cccc Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:40 pm

make the requirements stricter for juicers...instead of 500hrs, make it 650...300 wins, should be 350 for juicers.

i'm only half joking Very Happy . i'm still undecided about this whole hof thing. i don't care if they use steroids, not sure if i'd let them into the hof though, bad precedence.
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
Juicer in the Hall? Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100Juicer in the Hall? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:51 pm

Cobb and Anson were unpleasant people, to say the least and there are
plenty of other players in the HOF who cheated. It's not the Hall of
Sainthood. The Catholics have that covered. This is just great baseball
players.

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
Juicer in the Hall? Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Juicer in the Hall? Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down