Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Which commonly collected set is the best investment?

+2
fisherboy7
TheRiddler
6 posters

Go down

Which commonly collected set is the best investment? Empty Which commonly collected set is the best investment?

Post by TheRiddler Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:29 am

Right now.

Goudey
t206
Topps
Other

question
TheRiddler
TheRiddler
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :
Which commonly collected set is the best investment? Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100Which commonly collected set is the best investment? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Which commonly collected set is the best investment? Empty Re: Which commonly collected set is the best investment?

Post by fisherboy7 Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:53 pm

If we're talking value for dollar, I'd say low-mid grade Cracker Jacks are great pickups right now. I've seen some good deals recently on them. David Bryan sold off a bunch last week including several HOFers that went pretty cheap imo. And it's hard to come up with a nicer looking set than the CJ's.

Many of the mainstream caramel sets have cooled off considerably in the past few years, which probably means that it's a good time to "buy low". E sets like e90-1 or e95 could be good pickups now too I'd say.
fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Admin
Admin

Trader Points :
Which commonly collected set is the best investment? Left_bar_bleue55 / 10055 / 100Which commonly collected set is the best investment? Right_bar_bleue

http://www.imageevent.com/fisherboy7

Back to top Go down

Which commonly collected set is the best investment? Empty Re: Which commonly collected set is the best investment?

Post by glenv Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:58 pm

Agree with Ben. The recent prices on the CJs seem low. A SGC 30 Tinker for just over $200 and SGC 30 commons for $40-45. (Maybe the '14s are an even better deal, as they don't cost much more than the '15s and are much harder to find.) However, when a lot number of cards hit eBay, the prices seem to drop - maybe that was the case with D. Bryan's auctions. If 20 E95s hit eBay, or any other issue for that matter, there would probably be some nice deals on a few of the cards.

glenv
FC NCAA Bracket Champ
FC NCAA Bracket Champ

Trader Points :
Which commonly collected set is the best investment? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Which commonly collected set is the best investment? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by 3-2-count Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:17 am

I couldn't agree more in regards to Crackerjacks. I've been picking up mid grade 1914 CJ Hof's & short prints now for about 6 months.
They're currently a good buy IMO, plus they look awesome!!!!!!!
E90-1's seem way down to. Anyone looking to get involved with the set? Now is the time. righton

Tony A.
3-2-count
3-2-count
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
Which commonly collected set is the best investment? Left_bar_bleue18 / 10018 / 100Which commonly collected set is the best investment? Right_bar_bleue

http://www.32countsportscards.com/collection.html

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:39 pm

wish I had the money to buy. Right now, I'm more focused on paying off all my credit card debit and getting back to living on cash only like I did from 1993-2007

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
Which commonly collected set is the best investment? Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Which commonly collected set is the best investment? Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRiddler Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:11 pm

yes sweat pray
TheRiddler
TheRiddler
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :
Which commonly collected set is the best investment? Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100Which commonly collected set is the best investment? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by cmoking Sat Aug 01, 2009 3:32 pm

I'd say mid-grade Goudeys because the prices have dropped so much in the last two years.

cmoking
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :
Which commonly collected set is the best investment? Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100Which commonly collected set is the best investment? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down