Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My interpretation of an item offered as $....... dlvd. is

3 posters

Go down

My interpretation of an item offered as $....... dlvd. is Empty My interpretation of an item offered as $....... dlvd. is

Post by TheRiddler Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:08 pm

more than free shipping.
The item is offered at a delivered price. If it is not delivered (for any reason not the fault of the buyer) there is no price.
This differs from free shipping; which means to me that if the item is not delivered (for any reason not the fault of the seller), the buyer still pays, and the seller typically helps in the buyers collection attemps, if it was insured by the buyer.
Big difference, potentially.

What are your thoughts?
TheRiddler
TheRiddler
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :
My interpretation of an item offered as $....... dlvd. is Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100My interpretation of an item offered as $....... dlvd. is Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

My interpretation of an item offered as $....... dlvd. is Empty Re: My interpretation of an item offered as $....... dlvd. is

Post by hrbaker Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:23 pm

To me that's splitting hairs. I would assume that the buyer means free shipping when he says the price is "x" delivered.
hrbaker
hrbaker
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
My interpretation of an item offered as $....... dlvd. is Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100My interpretation of an item offered as $....... dlvd. is Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

My interpretation of an item offered as $....... dlvd. is Empty Re: My interpretation of an item offered as $....... dlvd. is

Post by Bosox Blair Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:30 pm

I think the Riddler has a good point.

A price of "$X delivered" to me implies at least that the seller covers insurance too. Whereas if the seller says "$X plus shipping" or $X including shipping", then I think the parties need to discuss who covers insurance (ie. the risk of non-delivery). To me, a price "delivered" should mean the seller assumes the risk if the item is not delivered, as promised.

Cheers,
Blair
Bosox Blair
Bosox Blair
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :
My interpretation of an item offered as $....... dlvd. is Left_bar_bleue12 / 10012 / 100My interpretation of an item offered as $....... dlvd. is Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down