Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

what happens when an ebay item arrives not as described

4 posters

Go down

what happens when an ebay item arrives not as described Empty what happens when an ebay item arrives not as described

Post by lentel Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:19 am

What happens when you buy an item from ebay and it arrives not nearly as described at all? Will the fully refund your money if you show proof of sending the item back?
thanks for any info or experience on this
lentel
lentel
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Trader Points :
what happens when an ebay item arrives not as described Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100what happens when an ebay item arrives not as described Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

what happens when an ebay item arrives not as described Empty Re: what happens when an ebay item arrives not as described

Post by bowlingshoeguy Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:10 am

In the past it has all depended on the seller, some are very accommodating and other think they are trying to rip off, and then there are the seller that are just trying to take advantage of a situation. Hopefully it's the first.

Good luck with it,

Lee
bowlingshoeguy
bowlingshoeguy
Sultan of the Cycle Back
Sultan of the Cycle Back

Trader Points :
what happens when an ebay item arrives not as described Left_bar_bleue53 / 10053 / 100what happens when an ebay item arrives not as described Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

what happens when an ebay item arrives not as described Empty Re: what happens when an ebay item arrives not as described

Post by sabrjay Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:12 pm

Well, if you paid with paypal you are covered. Contact the seller first. If he refused just a "not as described" claim with paypal and they will refund your money. It's a huge reason I hated paypal as a seller. paypal claims to investigate but they just take the word of the buyer. I've had several people use paypal to refund on items that were damaged in the mail and they did not pay for insurance on the item. When I do sell now, if I don't know you, they are required to have insurance. That way, if they try to get their money back through paypal I can let them know I will file mail fraud charges against them. The one guy that tried that after I started doing this changed his story real fast when I told him that.
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
what happens when an ebay item arrives not as described Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100what happens when an ebay item arrives not as described Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by BINatVCP Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:27 pm

Agreed that it all depends on the seller. I bought a $4 slabbed card the other day, arrived with a nice crack in the back of the slab. Card was packaged pretty well, so I didn't think it was damaged in the mail, but of course it's impossible to know for sure. Advised seller, and he refunded my money even before I was able to get the card back in the mail to him. Added him to my saved sellers list even though I've never had a successful transaction with him. Very Happy

On the other hand, I've had experiences where the seller isn't so accommodating. As sabrjay said, that's when PayPal is a buyer's best friend.

BINatVCP
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Trader Points :
what happens when an ebay item arrives not as described Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100what happens when an ebay item arrives not as described Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum