Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

T206 Museum - WHO IS THE AUTHOR???

+4
sabrjay
dstudeba
bowlingshoeguy
r337man
8 posters

Go down

T206 Museum - WHO IS THE AUTHOR??? Empty T206 Museum - WHO IS THE AUTHOR???

Post by r337man Sun Apr 12, 2009 2:23 pm

Does anyone have any clue who the author of the T206 Museum is?? There are several statements that are in error and I have written and he corrects some but others he ignores. He writes me back but I can't get a name out of him or an address.

WHY THE SECRECY??

The site is great but wouldn't you want it as accurate as possible?

Here is one statement that is completely wrong:

"These brown Old Mill Southern Leagues backs are just a recent found in the early 2000's, they are still not fully recognised by most collectors. "

The Brown Old Mill back has been known for 30 years in the Baltimore/Washington area amongst T206 collectors.

Dan.
r337man
r337man
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
T206 Museum - WHO IS THE AUTHOR??? Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100T206 Museum - WHO IS THE AUTHOR??? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

T206 Museum - WHO IS THE AUTHOR??? Empty Re: T206 Museum - WHO IS THE AUTHOR???

Post by bowlingshoeguy Sun Apr 12, 2009 7:41 pm

The only contact I have ever had with them is when I had a T206 Printers scrap and they offered to buy it, don't remember if a name was attached. I have always thought it was curious that that person does not come forward. That is not the first I have heard of inaccuracies on the site, overall the site is nice but like you said it would be nice if they could clean it up.

Lee
bowlingshoeguy
bowlingshoeguy
Sultan of the Cycle Back
Sultan of the Cycle Back

Trader Points :
T206 Museum - WHO IS THE AUTHOR??? Left_bar_bleue53 / 10053 / 100T206 Museum - WHO IS THE AUTHOR??? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by r337man Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:23 pm

check this out from NET54:

"I exchanged emails with the site over the weekend and can tell you this. For their own reasons they wish to remain anonymous. That being said they are passionate about T206's and their site and appreciate emails regarding errors."

Interesting, can anyone come up with a legit reason to have a cool site like that and remain anonymous and register the site with false information?

thanks
dan
r337man
r337man
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
T206 Museum - WHO IS THE AUTHOR??? Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100T206 Museum - WHO IS THE AUTHOR??? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by bowlingshoeguy Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:04 am

Very interesting reply, doesn't make much sense to me, but to each there own.

By the way Dan, have you been able to figure out the navigation of this site, I know you mentioned on the other site you had some problems. Feel free to ask if you can't figure out something.

Lee
bowlingshoeguy
bowlingshoeguy
Sultan of the Cycle Back
Sultan of the Cycle Back

Trader Points :
T206 Museum - WHO IS THE AUTHOR??? Left_bar_bleue53 / 10053 / 100T206 Museum - WHO IS THE AUTHOR??? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by r337man Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:42 am

Well, the NET54 has made their site similar to this one with the same problems I have here so that ventured me back. I liked the format of the old net54 board, you posted a reply and went right out to the menu of threads. This board and the new net54 board now cause me to take extra steps to get there. No biggie, I am just lazy as all hell. Dan.
r337man
r337man
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by dstudeba Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:08 pm

My guess is there are privacy concerns. The author might be worried about the safety of their collection.

Other options are they could be on the lam, or have a bad relationship with certain hobby members.

The best theory I have heard so far is that it is your ex-wife. nahnahnah

dstudeba
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Trader Points :
T206 Museum - WHO IS THE AUTHOR??? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100T206 Museum - WHO IS THE AUTHOR??? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:00 pm

Dan, you are always welcome here. Look at it this way. Here, that extra step has eliminated all the off-topic stuff and you only have to look at posts involving discussions about the hobby we love.

back on topic, I find it odd too that they/him/her remains anonymous. My thought is that they are part of the govt witness protection program.

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
T206 Museum - WHO IS THE AUTHOR??? Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100T206 Museum - WHO IS THE AUTHOR??? Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by r337man Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:41 am

Watch the airwaves closely, things will be happening within the week on this subject!!
r337man
r337man
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by r337man Sat May 09, 2009 12:38 am

The T206 Museum website has been exposed!! Owned and operated by Patrick Chan aka TFEVER on ebay and a true slime ball , the museum site was strictly created to deceive and steal by promoting the fake old mill back over prints he was making. When I wrote this post, I knew who it was and what a POS he is but I had to remain silent while the feds worked their magic.

A few gents on NET54 were defending the anonymous behavior and took that pathetic site as gospel when information was wrong and only stated to bring monetary rewards to the owner of the site. The sad thing is, I think the FBI just told him to stop and no punishment will be administered sending the message that it is ok to steal but when you get caught, just pay back who you stole from and you will be ok.

BS! Patrick Chan should be in handcuffs!!!

a few were graded by PSA and the last one by SGC. The SGC one has been removed from the holder and destroyed.

Remember!!! Always buy GRADED cards as you are sure you will be getting cards that are real and unaltered!!!!!!!!!

PRICELESS.

Last edited by r337man on Sat May 09, 2009 12:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
r337man
r337man
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by slidekellyslide Sat May 09, 2009 4:45 am

So the people who were speculating why the owner of t206museum wanted to remain anonymous, but were not privy to the same info you had on the owner are "IDIOTS"?

Got it.

Stay classy dude.
slidekellyslide
slidekellyslide
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :
T206 Museum - WHO IS THE AUTHOR??? Left_bar_bleue1 / 1001 / 100T206 Museum - WHO IS THE AUTHOR??? Right_bar_bleue

http://www.freewebs.com/nebraskadiamonds/

Back to top Go down

Post by r337man Sat May 09, 2009 12:35 pm

Yes I think that is just plain ridiculous that there would be any viable legit reason that someone hosting a legit and supposedly informative site would need to stay completely anonymous. If I was new in any hobby and sought a reference to use for my collecting, I would want to know who I was trusting for information. And I don't really have any class but I edited my post above as I have many friends on NET54. It just kills me that someone would use a reference as gospel and defend it when they have no idea of the credentials behind it.
r337man
r337man
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by r337man Sat May 09, 2009 1:26 pm

Actually, I am going to also state that you are wrong friend. When I made the first post about the T206 museum, I only had a suspician it was Chan, I had no knowledge of the overprints being bad, and just plain thought it was strange that the owner stay anonymous.

So you and everyone else was privy to the same info I had at that time.

So yes, anyone trusting that site as gospel at the time and especially after my NET54 post, well lets just say they were attracted to the bells and whistles I guess.

Please make sure you know your facts before you state them.
r337man
r337man
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by slidekellyslide Sat May 09, 2009 2:25 pm

I wrote my post on the assumption this was your first post about the subject...you also wrote the same post on Net54 the same day.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dan M. wrote:
"When I wrote this post, I knew who it was and what a POS he is but I had to remain silent while the feds worked their magic."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So I hope you can see why I thought you were privy to info we didn't have and that it was out of line to call some of the Net54 crowd "IDIOTS".

Dan, I had always wondered who ran that site as well, and I gotta say when I got back into collecting vintage cards that is one of the site's I perused the most often before I Found Net54...I know that since that time many of the things that guy posted to his site were just plain wrong...I'm glad he got busted and thanks for putting forth effort into nailing him. I would have loved to seen the look on his face when the FBI came to his door.
slidekellyslide
slidekellyslide
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :
T206 Museum - WHO IS THE AUTHOR??? Left_bar_bleue1 / 1001 / 100T206 Museum - WHO IS THE AUTHOR??? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by r337man Sat May 09, 2009 8:39 pm

I am with you brother. I was actually referring to my very first post questioning the museum which I believe was a month or so before the most recent one. Only a few people chimed in back then and the post went away. Yes I am with you, I would have paid HUGE coin to see his face when the agent knocked on the door. PRICELESS! take care, dan.
r337man
r337man
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by slidekellyslide Sat May 09, 2009 9:21 pm

Heh. I take it back anyway now that I see that Scott B = Patrick Chan (owner of T206museum.com). He is an IDIOT.
slidekellyslide
slidekellyslide
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by r337man Sun May 10, 2009 1:12 am

Yes he is a true mess! but now exposed thank goodness. It was truly a team effort: Jim Rivera, Scott Elkins, Jon McDaniel, SGC, REA, FBI. That is a storng team! Dan.
r337man
r337man
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim Rivera cfc1909 Sun May 10, 2009 3:10 am

yes I agree, killer team-but why do I have to be Larry the Cable Guy Very Happy

It is also amazing that SGC will seek the expert opinion of the collectors instead of saying they know it all. That makes their company the leader in the hobby
Jim Rivera cfc1909
Jim Rivera cfc1909
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
T206 Museum - WHO IS THE AUTHOR??? Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100T206 Museum - WHO IS THE AUTHOR??? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by onlychild Sun May 10, 2009 3:28 am

Perhaps I am a little naive but I thought most collectors knew they were altered. I saw them on the t206museum was immediately suspicious and never really followed them. Considered it somewhat of a joke and a no-brainer. Feel the same about most of the stamped backed cards. Just "way" too easy to do!

Now that I read the stories I am shocked to find that collectors were spending serious money these overprints. Hope they all get their money back.
onlychild
onlychild
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :

http://www.AlteredCards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim Rivera cfc1909 Sun May 10, 2009 4:20 pm

kevin-i am shocked by your post. Your signature has a quote from Rob REA-so when a bad card popped up in his auction (the bar old mill revelle) why didn't i see anything anywhere with you saying this card is bad-I know it is not your job to police the auction houses but i would think you might want to say something or maybe you did and i missed it
Jim Rivera cfc1909
Jim Rivera cfc1909
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
T206 Museum - WHO IS THE AUTHOR??? Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100T206 Museum - WHO IS THE AUTHOR??? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by r337man Sun May 10, 2009 7:25 pm

Kevin please! Are you telling us that you knew a major respected and utilized T206 site the museum was advertising fake overprints for sale and you did nothing to bring this to the attention of the community??

And you knew the REA card was fake but just figured you would let it ride??

PLEASE!!! How about giving credit where credit is due and admitting you may not be the expert you think you are.

I appreciate your help and what you are trying to do for the hobby but you were way down on my list of people to get involved in this scam for expertise.

Dan.
r337man
r337man
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by r337man Sun May 10, 2009 7:29 pm

I would also like to add that yes as Kevin states overprints are way too easy to do but VERY HARD to get the EXACT fonts correct. The multiple overprinted drum back from ebay that I had in my hand had many font differences and was easy to tell by a veteran.

I do agree as Kevin states that overprints in this day and age are easy to mimic with rubber stamps but ink tone and fonts of the era are not that easy to fake.
r337man
r337man
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by wonkaticket Sun May 10, 2009 8:29 pm

Kevin really? LOL
No offense Kevin but everytime I turned around there for a while you were posting self help books and protect your butt articles.

All sorts of images of doctored up cards done by you to educate the avg. collectors.

But this topic of fake overprints and a scamming website with one of these cards listed for 35k and another in REA an auction house owned by the man who adds your tag line you decided not to address. Because you assumed everyone knew and figured collectors didn’t spend money on these….yeah I’m sure that’s why Rob adds lots to his auctions to get no bids, he looks for items collectors don’t spend money on. LMAO

“I saw them on the t206museum was immediately suspicious and never really followed them. Considered it somewhat of a joke and a no-brainer. Feel the same about most of the stamped backed cards. Just "way" too easy to do!”

Yeah ok..Kevin I don’t think you have ever once since I’ve seen you post skipped a topic or not followed some questionable card encapsulated by an auction house.

Guy you go all the way down to frosted plastic on holders in your discussions but faked 5 figure T206’s not you speed or worth looking into.

Thanks for proving to me and I’m sure I’m not the only one that you are not quite the expert you have built yourself up to be. Or if you truly did know I guess the whole protecting the collecting community thing isn’t quite as high up on your motive list as you have lead us to believe.

Very disappointed to hear you of all people say the above…I’m sure somewhere in cyberspace a one man chat room will be spinning this in your favor but whatever.
wonkaticket
wonkaticket
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :
T206 Museum - WHO IS THE AUTHOR??? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100T206 Museum - WHO IS THE AUTHOR??? Right_bar_bleue

http://imageevent.com/piojohn3/collection

Back to top Go down

Post by onlychild Sun May 10, 2009 9:56 pm

Sorry guys, wasn't meaning to take anything away from your hard work and good detective skills. Thought the end result was well over the top and a great all around job.

I just always had it in back of my mind, and had discussed ever so briefly with collector or two some time ago, that these were easy to make and probably bogus. Never saw one in person and didn't know they were being auctioned.

Glad you guys were able to expose these alterations. Congrats on a job well done.
onlychild
onlychild
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :

http://www.AlteredCards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by r337man Tue May 12, 2009 9:16 pm

Hey no sweat Kevin and thanks for the congrats! I also left out Frank Ward who supplied the original color scans of the red Old Mill bars. The efforts of many people came together on this one thank goodness.

Thanks again for your congrats, it is greatly appreciated.
Dan
r337man
r337man
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim Rivera cfc1909 Wed May 13, 2009 8:40 pm

its all good Kevin. I admit your first post bothered me a bit and you second post is greatly appreciated. It took alot of time and help from several collectors to figure that out and PROVE it-not just think it.
JR
Jim Rivera cfc1909
Jim Rivera cfc1909
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down