Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

R301 Overland Candy info?

5 posters

Go down

R301 Overland Candy info? Empty R301 Overland Candy info?

Post by fisherboy7 Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:36 pm

I've heard from collectors a few times about how tough/desirable Overland Candies are, but haven't heard much in depth info about them. Can anyone provide me with some details about these "cards"? Are they on card stock? How scarce are they, and how much can one typically expect to pay for them? When was the last time one transacted and how much did it sell for? Is there a checklist available? Sorry for all the questions Smile

They have a fairly crude design so I'm guessing this is a situation of a high scarcity/low demand set where type collectors get their one example and that's it. Any chance there's a complete set out there?

R301 Overland Candy info? R301
fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Admin
Admin

Trader Points :
R301 Overland Candy info? Left_bar_bleue55 / 10055 / 100R301 Overland Candy info? Right_bar_bleue

http://www.imageevent.com/fisherboy7

Back to top Go down

R301 Overland Candy info? Empty Re: R301 Overland Candy info?

Post by sabrjay Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:02 pm

I seem to remember that there was a nice find of these a few years ago. I've seen one in person, not familiar with anyone that collects them, so no clue if someone has set, let alone what comprises the set.

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
R301 Overland Candy info? Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100R301 Overland Candy info? Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by glenv Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:50 pm

They are candy wrappers - more like wax paper than card stock. I remember seeing one for sale recently, but can't remember where - probably one of the big auction houses. Otherwise, I haven't seen any for a while. Think I paid around $250-300 for a nice one a couple years ago. Sometimes the bottom "Baseball 1 cent" part is cut off, making them significantly cheaper.

glenv
FC NCAA Bracket Champ
FC NCAA Bracket Champ

Trader Points :
R301 Overland Candy info? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100R301 Overland Candy info? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

R301 Overland Candy info? Empty I have a few of these cards.

Post by Tony Fosco Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:15 pm

I'm looking to sell my R301 cards. Babe Dahlgren and Lon Warneke are not listed on any of the card catalogs so I think I have something good. I posted my Joe Di Maggio and William Nicholson on E-Bay today. Not sure what I'm going to do with the 2 non-cataloged cards. Hard to put a price on them.
I like the Babe Dahlgren card. His grandson just wrote a book about him.

Babe Dahlgren (Not listed on any card sites)
Lon Warneke (Not listed on any card sites)
William Nicholson (First one found in 2008)
Joe Di Maggio
Theodore Lyons
Philp Cavarretta
Lucius Appling
Henry Greenberg

Tony Fosco
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Trader Points :
R301 Overland Candy info? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100R301 Overland Candy info? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by bowlingshoeguy Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:05 am

bowlingshoeguy
bowlingshoeguy
Sultan of the Cycle Back
Sultan of the Cycle Back

Trader Points :
R301 Overland Candy info? Left_bar_bleue53 / 10053 / 100R301 Overland Candy info? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down