Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cooperstown

+2
CobbSpikedMe
t206head
6 posters

Go down

Cooperstown Empty Cooperstown

Post by t206head Fri May 16, 2008 5:02 am

9:30am friday I'm going up to cooperstown for the weekend. I have not been up there since the early 1990's but what I remember was that there were more card shops than any thing else in that tiny town .I hope thing haven't changed (p.s. It was my girlfriends idea!! ) later BOB
t206head
t206head
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
Cooperstown Left_bar_bleue6 / 1006 / 100Cooperstown Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Cooperstown Empty Re: Cooperstown

Post by CobbSpikedMe Fri May 16, 2008 6:03 am

Bob,

Have fun man, I am really hoping to get back there in the next year or so. My father took my brother and I to the Hall when I was just a kid and from what I remember, I would be so happy to be there at this point in my life. Take some pics and share with the board if you can. I know I'd love to some.

AndyH
CobbSpikedMe
CobbSpikedMe
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :
Cooperstown Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100Cooperstown Right_bar_bleue

http://forloveofthecards.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by mzm55 Fri May 16, 2008 6:07 am

Ha, what a small world. I will be going to Cooperstown next week (I will be arriving Monday). I haven't been for a few years and I really don't remember much of my first trip; I'm very excited to go back and enjoy the Hall.

mzm55
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :
Cooperstown Left_bar_bleue1 / 1001 / 100Cooperstown Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by bowlingshoeguy Fri May 16, 2008 4:35 pm

I have been to Dooperstown 3 times, twice for induction days. Great fun and recommended for all baseball fans. The remodeling job is really nice, everything is laid out much nicer. Yes, there are still plenty of cards store on the main drag a few with a fair amount of vintage stuff.

Sadly last time I was there I wanted to look at some items the one placce had for sale that were behind glass on the second floor and I asked if I could see them. I gave them 3 chances through out the day, but they never honored my request. Must be nice to make so much money that you don't need to sell to everyone.

I hope your experience is better,

Lee
bowlingshoeguy
bowlingshoeguy
Sultan of the Cycle Back
Sultan of the Cycle Back

Trader Points :
Cooperstown Left_bar_bleue53 / 10053 / 100Cooperstown Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by arandy Fri May 16, 2008 8:26 pm

I'm fortunate enough to only live one hour away from there. It's an awsome place. I really want to see a Hall of Fame Game at Doubleday field. Let me warn you though, MOST shops are overpriced and only sell modern cards.
If you have time, eat at a place called Danny's Market. They serve great sandwiches. Also, visit the wax museum, it's preety neat. They have players made of wax. They also show a baseball blooper movie.

Have fun! bananarama
-Randy
arandy
arandy
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Cooperstown Empty Cooperstown

Post by Sixtofan Mon May 19, 2008 12:09 am

I took my 8 year old there last year (about a three hour drive for us). Had a fantastic time. Lots of shops to browse in but mostly overpriced and trimmed cards. Overall a very neat little town

Sixtofan
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Cooperstown Empty cooperstown

Post by t206head Mon May 19, 2008 1:30 am

well in back and the hall rocked!! i'll try to post some pixs later .. this forum really knows is card shopping, It was nearly impossible to find any card older than the late 1960's and what did exist was outrageous in price and condition (t206 beater 75-85$) had a great time anyway later BOB
t206head
t206head
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
Cooperstown Left_bar_bleue6 / 1006 / 100Cooperstown Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down