Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Players wearing suits and ties on baseball cards

+6
nolemmings
mzm55
TheBig6
hanksta
fisherboy7
the-illini
10 posters

Go down

Players wearing suits and ties on baseball cards Empty Players wearing suits and ties on baseball cards

Post by the-illini Thu May 08, 2008 2:51 pm

One of my favorite things to collect are cards of players in suits on a baseball card. Post your favorites here!

Here are a couple that I own - Eddie Collins looking like a mortuary worker in the middle of the dustbowl:

Players wearing suits and ties on baseball cards Collin10

And Cap Anson, heading out for a night at the theater:

Players wearing suits and ties on baseball cards N173an10

One of the best for last, Rabbit Maranville looking like Bela Lugosi on his 1936 WWG:

Players wearing suits and ties on baseball cards Wwgmar10

Lets see your favorite cards of ballplayers in suits!!!
the-illini
the-illini
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
Players wearing suits and ties on baseball cards Left_bar_bleue11 / 10011 / 100Players wearing suits and ties on baseball cards Right_bar_bleue

http://www.imageevent.com/crb972

Back to top Go down

Players wearing suits and ties on baseball cards Empty Re: Players wearing suits and ties on baseball cards

Post by fisherboy7 Thu May 08, 2008 3:04 pm

Cool thread! I don't own these - they're from Dave Levin's site - but the E99 Cutshaw has a sharp looking suit:

Players wearing suits and ties on baseball cards E99-110Players wearing suits and ties on baseball cards E99-210
fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Admin
Admin

Trader Points :
Players wearing suits and ties on baseball cards Left_bar_bleue55 / 10055 / 100Players wearing suits and ties on baseball cards Right_bar_bleue

http://www.imageevent.com/fisherboy7

Back to top Go down

Players wearing suits and ties on baseball cards Empty Re: Players wearing suits and ties on baseball cards

Post by hanksta Thu May 08, 2008 4:12 pm

Soccer players...but wearing suits.

Players wearing suits and ties on baseball cards SHedleySmiths1906

Players wearing suits and ties on baseball cards SBlackburn1902
hanksta
hanksta
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
Players wearing suits and ties on baseball cards Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100Players wearing suits and ties on baseball cards Right_bar_bleue

http://www.millcitycards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBig6 Thu May 08, 2008 5:33 pm

THE GODFATHER

Players wearing suits and ties on baseball cards Wright
TheBig6
TheBig6
The Relic
The Relic

Trader Points :
Players wearing suits and ties on baseball cards Left_bar_bleue27 / 10027 / 100Players wearing suits and ties on baseball cards Right_bar_bleue

http://imageevent.com/ruckers

Back to top Go down

Players wearing suits and ties on baseball cards Empty 1872 Warren CDV

Post by mzm55 Thu May 08, 2008 6:18 pm

Players wearing suits and ties on baseball cards Ryancdv-1

mzm55
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :
Players wearing suits and ties on baseball cards Left_bar_bleue1 / 1001 / 100Players wearing suits and ties on baseball cards Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Players wearing suits and ties on baseball cards Empty Here's two more

Post by nolemmings Thu May 08, 2008 6:56 pm

Nixey and a Babe:
Players wearing suits and ties on baseball cards 00m10112
Players wearing suits and ties on baseball cards 10m10110
nolemmings
nolemmings
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
Players wearing suits and ties on baseball cards Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100Players wearing suits and ties on baseball cards Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Bicem Thu May 08, 2008 9:18 pm

Players wearing suits and ties on baseball cards Chesbro Players wearing suits and ties on baseball cards Joe
Bicem
Bicem
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by three25hits Thu May 08, 2008 11:28 pm

Players wearing suits and ties on baseball cards Obakmohler

I can't find a scan of my Mohler, so I grabbed this one from Shammus' site...

three25hits
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Trader Points :
Players wearing suits and ties on baseball cards Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Players wearing suits and ties on baseball cards Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by fisherboy7 Fri May 09, 2008 12:05 pm

Nice cards everyone.

Jeff, your Chesbro and McGinnity were speaking to me. Besides telling me that I'd never own them, they mentioned that the e107 set is a suit & tie goldmine!

Players wearing suits and ties on baseball cards E107wa10

(obviously not mine)

That '09 Obak is a cool card as well.
fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Admin
Admin

Trader Points :
Players wearing suits and ties on baseball cards Left_bar_bleue55 / 10055 / 100Players wearing suits and ties on baseball cards Right_bar_bleue

http://www.imageevent.com/fisherboy7

Back to top Go down

Post by ItsOnlyGil Sat May 10, 2008 10:36 pm

Players wearing suits and ties on baseball cards Aviati19

And a card which I "would never own", because I am unwilling to pay the price ..... until one day .... Zach mentioned this opportunity!

Thank you Zach! The plan went down as scheduled. I got this, then a less beater Lowe and a very nice Gehrig to complete my 4 HRs in a game "set".
ItsOnlyGil
ItsOnlyGil
Retired
Retired

Trader Points :
Players wearing suits and ties on baseball cards Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100Players wearing suits and ties on baseball cards Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by ItsOnlyGil Sun May 11, 2008 1:06 am

Ok, lets hide that Delahanty. Here is a guy you haven't all seen. Buck Ewing.

Players wearing suits and ties on baseball cards 7swans11
ItsOnlyGil
ItsOnlyGil
Retired
Retired

Trader Points :
Players wearing suits and ties on baseball cards Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100Players wearing suits and ties on baseball cards Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Bicem Sun May 11, 2008 4:47 pm

not mine and not a card but still cool...

Players wearing suits and ties on baseball cards 4orioles
Bicem
Bicem
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by ItsOnlyGil Sun May 11, 2008 6:34 pm

In the "not mine and not a card but still cool..." dept.

Players wearing suits and ties on baseball cards Aviati20

I thought Keeler used a thick bat. Guess not.

Players wearing suits and ties on baseball cards Havegu10

Guess that I was mislead by my beater ... bad beater!

But I still owe you a suit, I guess.

Players wearing suits and ties on baseball cards Aviati21

Smile
ItsOnlyGil
ItsOnlyGil
Retired
Retired

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacklitsch Sun May 11, 2008 8:14 pm

Players wearing suits and ties on baseball cards CutshawDiskPlayers wearing suits and ties on baseball cards JacklitschE107
Jacklitsch
Jacklitsch
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :
Players wearing suits and ties on baseball cards Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Players wearing suits and ties on baseball cards Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down