Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question about the Mastro Auctions registration

+4
sabrjay
arandy
Square_Frame_Ramly
crazylocomerk
8 posters

Go down

Question about the Mastro Auctions registration Empty Question about the Mastro Auctions registration

Post by crazylocomerk Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:15 am

Simple question.

Do I have to pay the $75 registration fee if I don't want to receive the catalogs and I just want to bid in the upcoming auction?

Thanks in advance.
crazylocomerk
crazylocomerk
KOTTON King
KOTTON King

Trader Points :
Question about the Mastro Auctions registration Left_bar_bleue12 / 10012 / 100Question about the Mastro Auctions registration Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Question about the Mastro Auctions registration Empty yes Eric...

Post by Square_Frame_Ramly Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:45 am

they charge $75 to sign up, you can't bid unless you pay that...i guess that covers the cost of the catalog for life. Funny thing is, REA charges nothing.

Mark
Square_Frame_Ramly
Square_Frame_Ramly
FC NCAA Bracket Champ
FC NCAA Bracket Champ

Trader Points :
Question about the Mastro Auctions registration Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100Question about the Mastro Auctions registration Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Question about the Mastro Auctions registration Empty Re: Question about the Mastro Auctions registration

Post by crazylocomerk Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:47 am

Thanks Mark.

That's the only auction house that charges a registration fee.

I guess the 20% buyers premium is not enough?

Kind of a joke, IMO
crazylocomerk
crazylocomerk
KOTTON King
KOTTON King

Trader Points :
Question about the Mastro Auctions registration Left_bar_bleue12 / 10012 / 100Question about the Mastro Auctions registration Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Question about the Mastro Auctions registration Empty well...

Post by Square_Frame_Ramly Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:52 am

Mastro seems to try and bleed every cent from collectors. They charge $75 to register, the shipping fees, if you win, are double and sometimes 3X what they should be. Mastro really needs to get with the times. The 20% BP is way too high. nono

Mark

Last edited by Square_Frame_Ramly on Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Square_Frame_Ramly
Square_Frame_Ramly
FC NCAA Bracket Champ
FC NCAA Bracket Champ

Trader Points :
Question about the Mastro Auctions registration Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100Question about the Mastro Auctions registration Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Question about the Mastro Auctions registration Empty Re: Question about the Mastro Auctions registration

Post by arandy Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:55 am

This is off topic Off Topic but do they charge for REA catalouges?

Yes, I do agree mastro will not do good if they do not lower these prices.
arandy
arandy
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
Question about the Mastro Auctions registration Left_bar_bleue1 / 1001 / 100Question about the Mastro Auctions registration Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by crazylocomerk Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:58 am

Yeah, they have some really nice cards, but I just can't get over those two things.

Why do I need to pay $75 to spend my money there? Well, I guess I'll spend it elsewhere.

Or maybe I'll go in on a lot with someone?????

I know the E94 lot is spoken for by a group.
crazylocomerk
crazylocomerk
KOTTON King
KOTTON King

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by crazylocomerk Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:00 am

arandy wrote:This is off topic Off Topic but do they charge for REA catalouges?

Yes, I do agree mastro will not do good if they do not lower these prices.

REA doesn't charge for registration or the catalouges.

7% tax for me though being that I'm in Jersey (they are actually one town over from me, which I just found out).

Buyers premium is 17.5%
crazylocomerk
crazylocomerk
KOTTON King
KOTTON King

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Question about the Mastro Auctions registration Empty NO charge...

Post by Square_Frame_Ramly Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:00 am

for REA cat. you just need to sign up and put your Credit Card info in. Its just to confirm its you that may bid on a card. I think they ask for 2 references but thats no problem....put me down. righton

Mark
Square_Frame_Ramly
Square_Frame_Ramly
FC NCAA Bracket Champ
FC NCAA Bracket Champ

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by arandy Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:06 am

I feel REA deserves a pat on the back. bow
arandy
arandy
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
Question about the Mastro Auctions registration Left_bar_bleue1 / 1001 / 100Question about the Mastro Auctions registration Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by crazylocomerk Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:28 am

arandy wrote:I feel REA deserves a pat on the back. bow

They are good people too. Very friendly on the phone and willing to answer any questions you have. They are a great help.
crazylocomerk
crazylocomerk
KOTTON King
KOTTON King

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:22 am

It doesn't get any better than Rob Lifson and REA. The other auctions houses could learn a lot from Rob and the way he conducts his business.

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
Question about the Mastro Auctions registration Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Question about the Mastro Auctions registration Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary! Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:16 pm

arandy wrote:I feel REA deserves a pat on the back. bow

I have always been pleased with REA in every respect. From the free catalogs to good discriptions to great customer service... they've got it down. As others have said, Rob does it right.

Shame that Mastro finds it necessary to charge $75, but that said, I've only had good experiences with them as well.
Gary!
Gary!
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by cccc Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:26 pm

if you email doug or pete whatever and say you're an n54 member i'm pretty sure they would waive the $75 fee....this was after a big thread about the fee a couple years back. i had to cough up the $75 6-7 years back also.
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:25 pm

Quan, I wouldn't count on it. When Lee, Dan Barretta and I went to the Masto offices to view the DiMaggio streak bat evidence, I tried to get them to put me on the catalogue list with having to fork over $75 and had no luck. This was at a time when I still thought Mastro was reputable. No way they would give me a freebie now, lol.

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
Question about the Mastro Auctions registration Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Question about the Mastro Auctions registration Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by slidekellyslide Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:01 pm

Just for the record Mastro wiaved the fee for me since I was a regular bidder in their classic collector auctions and a member of the Net54. I've given Mastro some criticism here and there where I thought they deserved it and they still waived the fee for me.

Dan
slidekellyslide
slidekellyslide
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :

http://www.freewebs.com/nebraskadiamonds/

Back to top Go down

Post by onlychild Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:19 am

Anything is possible. I got my fee waived when I was writing articles for PSA and GAI classified me as their editorialist...which never really materialized. I did write the press release when they graded the 3.5 Wagner. Mastro waived the fee's for being a hobby editor.

I think as long as you bid on something at every auction your membership is always renewed.
onlychild
onlychild
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :

http://www.AlteredCards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down