Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For Slabheads Only - BVG

+4
cccc
crazylocomerk
nolemmings
TheBig6
8 posters

Go down

For Slabheads Only - BVG Empty For Slabheads Only - BVG

Post by TheBig6 Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:36 pm

I have been noticing more and more Pre-War cards being graded by BVG. From what I can tell they are strict graders. Even REA has alot of T206 lots graded by BVG. I don't know how good they are about picking up alterations but it looks like their the new #3.
TheBig6
TheBig6
The Relic
The Relic

Trader Points :
For Slabheads Only - BVG Left_bar_bleue27 / 10027 / 100For Slabheads Only - BVG Right_bar_bleue

http://imageevent.com/ruckers

Back to top Go down

For Slabheads Only - BVG Empty well

Post by nolemmings Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:18 pm

I haven't seen a great number of of BVG cards--remember per the Wagner description, the same guy brought 546 T206s to Beckett last December.

Still, I believe they are strict graders, and it wouldn't take much to become #3, given GAI's continued spiral down. It will be interesting to see how the market accepts their grading.
nolemmings
nolemmings
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
For Slabheads Only - BVG Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100For Slabheads Only - BVG Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

For Slabheads Only - BVG Empty Re: For Slabheads Only - BVG

Post by crazylocomerk Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:51 pm

GAI is pretty much done as a grading company, IMO.

I would really struggle to purchase a card graded by them.
crazylocomerk
crazylocomerk
KOTTON King
KOTTON King

Trader Points :
For Slabheads Only - BVG Left_bar_bleue12 / 10012 / 100For Slabheads Only - BVG Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by cccc Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:35 pm

buy the card yadda yadda...but beckett has been berry berry good to me. you just have to look for alterations yourself, otherwise they're as strict as anyone grading-wise.

i wish everyone would shy away from gai cards Smile
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
For Slabheads Only - BVG Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100For Slabheads Only - BVG Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by bowlingshoeguy Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:42 pm

I have bought BVG cards in the past and have been very happy with there grading. There holders are a little heavier, especially the T202 holders. I have no problem bidding on BVG cards.

Lee
bowlingshoeguy
bowlingshoeguy
Sultan of the Cycle Back
Sultan of the Cycle Back

Trader Points :
For Slabheads Only - BVG Left_bar_bleue53 / 10053 / 100For Slabheads Only - BVG Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by cccc Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:17 am

they're also the most fun to crack as demonstrated by rman...
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
For Slabheads Only - BVG Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100For Slabheads Only - BVG Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by onlychild Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:44 am

I've been working with Beckett on slab & flip security. They want to catch any potential problems before they become problems in the future and was looking for some help. Destructive testing is always fun. Very forward thinking. I believe they will be making a big jump into prewar before you know it.

Although I have never met the head grader, Mark seems very sharp. I was impressed when he caught some built-in identifiers in an alteration I showed him....he is the first to detect them all.
onlychild
onlychild
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :
For Slabheads Only - BVG Left_bar_bleue1 / 1001 / 100For Slabheads Only - BVG Right_bar_bleue

http://www.AlteredCards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary! Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:18 pm

bowlingshoeguy wrote:I have bought BVG cards in the past and have been very happy with there grading. There holders are a little heavier, especially the T202 holders. I have no problem bidding on BVG cards.

Lee

Definitely true. I feel like those things are tanks compared to some other holders.
Gary!
Gary!
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Trader Points :
For Slabheads Only - BVG Left_bar_bleue1 / 1001 / 100For Slabheads Only - BVG Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by phlflyer1 Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:38 pm

cccc wrote:they're also the most fun to crack as demonstrated by rman...

Q,

The BVG may be the fort knox of all grading card holders but my table saw has yet to meet a slab that it cant defeat righton

phlflyer1
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Trader Points :
For Slabheads Only - BVG Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100For Slabheads Only - BVG Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by onlychild Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:02 pm

I can say with all honesty and after rigorous and thorough testing that the BVG slab is the best (security) in the biz. I usually have an ace or two up my sleeve to crack slabs cleanly in half but the Beckett holder stayed tough. Have not given up the fight yet though. shooting
onlychild
onlychild
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :

http://www.AlteredCards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum