Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sweetwater 2015 set

2 posters

Go down

Sweetwater 2015 set Empty Sweetwater 2015 set

Post by Theo_450 Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:49 am

I went to Sweetwater's 420 fest in Atlanta this past weekend on a couple of VIP passes that my wife won. It was pretty awesome, especially because of the VIP perks like no mud. We got a tour of the brewery on Saturday (awesome facility), and talked to lots of Sweetwater folks. The head honcho (as it seemed) told me that he collected cards as a kid, and thought it would be cool to produce a set of his brewers as a throwback to the hobby that he enjoys so much. Turns out they produced a set of 10 cards of their brewers in late 80's and early 90's style cards. They were distributing them in a couple of special beer tents that were out in the mud. It took me a couple days to find any cards (I ended up with 5 cards) and they were pretty badly beer soaked, but I was glad to find some. They are drying and pressing right now, but I will add scans later if anyone is interested.

I thought it was cool that the hobby generated a fan that contributed to the hobby later in life. I know they aren't baseball players, but the idea and the execution made me smile. So did the "hunt" for the cards at the festival.
Theo_450
Theo_450
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Trader Points :
Sweetwater 2015 set Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Sweetwater 2015 set Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Sweetwater 2015 set Empty Re: Sweetwater 2015 set

Post by sabrjay Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:52 pm

Items like that are always fun. I have an artist friend who created a set of collectible cards based on the homeless people of Vancouver, BC. He went around interviewing them and taking their picture. Then created and produced the set. Sadly, this was a project of his that he did prior to meeting him, so I was not able to get a set.
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
Sweetwater 2015 set Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Sweetwater 2015 set Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down