Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Would You Like Some Fraud With That?"

+2
sabrjay
jbonie
6 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

"Would You Like Some Fraud With That?" - Page 3 Empty Re: "Would You Like Some Fraud With That?"

Post by sabrjay Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:29 pm

Scott, I know what started this thread to escalate. My point was that in another thread in the past month or so, someone had made the comment that pretty bluntly said; America, Love it or leave it. I don't recall who made the comment and don't care. I was just confirming that jamie wasn't mistaken in thinking that he saw something like that, just not in this thread.

This thread I quit following closely. I've just been monitoring it to make sure things stay reasonably civil.
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
"Would You Like Some Fraud With That?" - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100"Would You Like Some Fraud With That?" - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

"Would You Like Some Fraud With That?" - Page 3 Empty Re: "Would You Like Some Fraud With That?"

Post by jbonie Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:41 pm

My larger point is that Scott showed bias against me on multiple occasions - first in the Africa thread, and then in this thread where he complained that posting my dog card scan was mean, while in fact Wonka had just posted a bunch of cheap shots about me for the second time while he was pretending to leave the thread.
jbonie
jbonie
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :
"Would You Like Some Fraud With That?" - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100"Would You Like Some Fraud With That?" - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by jbonie Sat Jul 12, 2014 2:53 am

sabrjay wrote:

This thread I quit following closely. I've just been monitoring it to make sure things stay reasonably civil.

Jay, one more thing - you warned me about not making personal attacks early in the thread, before I had even made one, and even went so far as using an emoticon where you were waving a little baseball bat.  But when John came on and made his repeated personal attacks, you didn't make a peep.  I just want to note that I feel like there was a double standard imposed there.

I am not saying that I think you did a bad job moderating the thread.  Overall, I think you did a good job.  But I need to make sure that everyone is treated equally. Cool 

I am not trying to keep things going or start more conflict, believe me, I am as tired of this thread as anybody.
jbonie
jbonie
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :
"Would You Like Some Fraud With That?" - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100"Would You Like Some Fraud With That?" - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Sat Jul 12, 2014 12:30 pm

That warning was not directed at you personally, but just a note to the whole board. Someone disagreeing with someone else's point of view is not a personal attack.

For me, in thread like this, as long as the discussion is on point, I don't really care what is said. For me, things like threats of violence, making fun of family members or comments about other things outside the purview of the topic to be personal attacks. You have something in particular that you think falls outside of that, please point it out.

We are all big boys here and posting on the internet and voicing an opinion takes a thick skin.
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
"Would You Like Some Fraud With That?" - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100"Would You Like Some Fraud With That?" - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by jbonie Sat Jul 12, 2014 2:23 pm

Okay, fair enough. Thanks for explaining.
jbonie
jbonie
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by jbonie Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:05 am

Wow, look at this, http://haulsofshame.com/blog/ sights Leon:

In September of 2007, convicted felon and ex-drug dealer Leon Luckey, also an auctioneer (Brockelman & Luckey Auctions) and moderator of the collector internet forum Net54, revealed on his forum the inner-workings of the scheme.  Said Luckey, “This scenario happens in every single auction…REA, Mastro, SCP, etc. etc.  It’s just done through friends bidding for other friends and, no, I have never done this on either side.  I know folks that do, and have, though.  So then I say, OK, then lets get it out in the open, total disclosure, but I understand some won’t agree with this mode of thinking.”

But then the author goes on to state:

Contrary to Luckey’s claims that he did not engage in this bidding practice, several sources allege that Luckey was a prime example of this activity and was included in the circle of friends both Mastro and Allen knew engaged in such bidding agreements with other friends and associates. Sources also indicate that since Mastro allegedly destroyed bidding records from the pre-2007 auctions, Luckey felt confident his bidding would not be recognized in the FBI investigation into Mastro.  Between 2007 and 2009 Luckey vehemently defended Mastro and Allen and attacked other forum members who criticized and leveled accusations against the auction house and its principals.
jbonie
jbonie
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by ullmandds Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:07 pm

I am not surprised by fraudulent activity by ANYONE in this hobby...but I would like to see evidence of mafia involvement!
ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :
"Would You Like Some Fraud With That?" - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100"Would You Like Some Fraud With That?" - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by jbonie Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:54 pm

I think that a better word for it is "organized crime", because "Mafia" suggests that it is innately Italian, which it isn't at this point.  In the 21st century, dynamics have really changed, and I found this bit on Wiki which describes it quite well:

Today criminal organizations are increasingly working together, realizing that it is better to work in cooperation rather than in competition with each other (once again, consolidating power). This has led to the rise of global criminal organizations such as Mara Salvatrucha and the 18th Street gang. The American Mafia in the U.S. have had links with organized crime groups in Italy such as the Camorra, the 'Ndrangheta, Sacra Corona Unita, and Sicilian Mafia. The Cosa Nostra has also been known to work with the Irish Mob (John Gotti of the Gambino family and James Coonan of the Westies are known to have worked together, with the Westies operating as a contract hit man for the Gambino family after they helped Coonan come to power), the Japanese Yakuza and the Russian Mafia. The United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime estimated that organized crime groups held $322 billion in assets in 2005.[123]

This rise in cooperation between criminal organizations has meant that law enforcement agencies are increasingly having to work together. The FBI operates an organized crime section from its headquarters in Washington, D.C. and is known to work with other national (e.g., Polizia di Stato, Russian Federal Security Service (FSB), and the Royal Canadian Mounted Police), federal (e.g., Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives, Drug Enforcement Administration, United States Marshals Service, Immigration and Customs Enforcement, and the United States Coast Guard), state (e.g., Massachusetts State Police Special Investigation Unit and the New York State Police Bureau of Criminal Investigation) and city (e.g., New York City Police Department Organized Crime Unit and the Los Angeles Police Department Special Operations Division) law enforcement agencies.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Organized_crime

So what you are looking at now is organized crime that is inherently transnational in nature.  Things are much more interconnected today than they were even twenty years ago.. the reason is the advent of technology has made it a smaller world.  Criminals today can use a browser called Tor to anonymously interact with each other in a technological "shadow world" where they can purchase private information, even put a contract out for someone's assassination.  They can communicate with other organized crime that exists in other countries very easily.  That's why, when I went to Africa, even though I was on a remote island, I was still in danger (in fact, gravely so).  Because they're really everywhere.  But so is law enforcement.

So you are looking at a world that is much more modern, complex and interconnected that the old mob movies with guys walking around in black overcoats of yesterday yore.  As for evidence, I have already provided some links and other photos in other threads.  You can see the article by Hauls of Shame that talks about people collaborating to commit fraud.  But I can't prove anything - neither can law enforcement, perhaps - if they could, these folks would already be behind bars.  Getting them is not the easiest of tasks.  But I can tell people my beliefs in the hobby and they can take it for what it's worth - a lot, in my opinion.
jbonie
jbonie
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by ullmandds Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:46 pm

i wonder if anyone will have the nads to post a link to the most current episode of halls across the street?
ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :
"Would You Like Some Fraud With That?" - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100"Would You Like Some Fraud With That?" - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by jbonie Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:57 pm

ullmandds wrote:i wonder if anyone will have the nads to post a link to the most current episode of halls across the street?

Can't imagine they would. wow
jbonie
jbonie
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by ullmandds Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:02 pm

well...free speech reigns supreme over there....
ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by jbonie Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:12 pm

ullmandds wrote:well...free speech reigns supreme over there....

lol!
jbonie
jbonie
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by jbonie Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:36 pm

Now, this is just humiliating.  He has gone and attacked one of his own advertising clients on the internet.  Stupid is as stupid does, I suppose.

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=191377

Seems like he's having a bit of a nervous breakdown after that Nash blog post.  frustrated
jbonie
jbonie
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by jbonie Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:35 am

Well, now he's hid the thread.  It looks like the one who has tape over his mouth is now himself. Very Happy
jbonie
jbonie
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by jbonie Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:59 am

"Would You Like Some Fraud With That?" - Page 3 Screen10

Here Leon Luckey denigrates his own advertising client, without any warning to the client beforehand, publicly in front of the majority of the hobby on his own message board.  "Pathetic", "Deadbeat payers" - not a good way to preserve a relationship with a client and certainly negates the value of those banner ads.

"Would You Like Some Fraud With That?" - Page 3 Screen11

Leon Luckey accuses his client of "a total screen out" - his twenty five years in sales had provided him with the experience to know this on the phone.  What was he selling, exactly?  Oh, wait, nevermind.

"Would You Like Some Fraud With That?" - Page 3 Screen12

Well, look at that, the auctioneer thinks Leon Luckey is crazy.  Leon writes "He said I am crazy (I can agree with that)."  Oh, yeah.  So can everyone.
jbonie
jbonie
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by jbonie Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:04 pm

"Would You Like Some Fraud With That?" - Page 3 Screen13
"Would You Like Some Fraud With That?" - Page 3 Screen14

Here is the owner's response.  He had paid every month on time for six months and had only been late on a payment in the middle of the summer since he was on summer vacation.  I can't imagine he was expecting this to happen!  Anyways, I need say no more - the auctioneer's post says it all, really.
jbonie
jbonie
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by jbonie Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:12 pm

"Would You Like Some Fraud With That?" - Page 3 Screen15

John must have learned this from having publicly aired out our negotiations about the dog card.
jbonie
jbonie
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by ullmandds Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:44 pm

I'm having Scott Elkins flashbacks?
ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by jbonie Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:10 pm

I just think it's a funny exchange, is all.  Hopefully, Leon will get it worked out with Troy.  Troy seems like a nice guy and I'm sure that he would forgive him.  I also like Leon, it is just easy to poke fun at him sometimes. Very Happy
jbonie
jbonie
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3