Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Saco Rivers Auction's latest coup!

4 posters

Go down

Saco Rivers Auction's latest coup! Empty Saco Rivers Auction's latest coup!

Post by ullmandds Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:22 pm

ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :
Saco Rivers Auction's latest coup! Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100Saco Rivers Auction's latest coup! Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Saco Rivers Auction's latest coup! Empty Re: Saco Rivers Auction's latest coup!

Post by r337man Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:14 am

Is this the same auction house that had the Fake T206 Wagner up a few months ago?
r337man
r337man
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
Saco Rivers Auction's latest coup! Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100Saco Rivers Auction's latest coup! Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by ullmandds Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:08 am

if you're referring to the infamous "cobb" wagner...I do not agree.
ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by r337man Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:21 pm

I don't kno what that means but there was a fake Wagner offered and received no bids, I will try and find a link.
r337man
r337man
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by pariah1107 Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:44 pm

Don't remember them trying to sell a Wags, but here's a link to the last "great find" sold by Saco Rivers Auction. Seven OJ's including King Kelly:

http://www.sportscollectorsdaily.com/old-judge-cigarettes-cabinet-card-find/

I do recall an article in Hauls of Shame that claimed the cards were stolen from Boston Library (or something). Personally don't believe a word of Nashs' tripe.
pariah1107
pariah1107
Legend
Legend

Trader Points :
Saco Rivers Auction's latest coup! Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Saco Rivers Auction's latest coup! Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by ullmandds Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:04 pm

dan...a MN auction house in conjunction w/proxibid tried to auction the "cobb" wagner a few months back which received no bids...it wasn't Saco River.
ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by r337man Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:24 pm

This

Last edited by r337man on Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
r337man
r337man
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by ullmandds Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:43 pm

Really Dan?  The all star cafe Wags was/is fake?
ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by r337man Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:50 pm

bad link, don't give up on me yet Smile
r337man
r337man
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by r337man Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:52 pm

r337man
r337man
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by ullmandds Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:59 pm

Dude...that's the cobb POS phony wagner that the MN auction house tried to auction with Proxibid a few months ago...was Savo River involved with that POS too?
ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by pariah1107 Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:14 pm

Looks like they did sell a Wagner, but the 1911 Sporting Life. Can't find any t206's Wagner sold through Saco River....

http://www.sportscollectorsdaily.com/news-notes-second-chance-local-auction-yielded-valuable-wagner-card/

Now I AM starting to get suspicious of this auction house, that's three pretty remarkable finds in less than three years. All from esoteric sources, my "grandpa's attic", an old trunk, found by unnamed antique dealers, etc. Most of these items I assume would do better with a higher end auction like REA.
pariah1107
pariah1107
Legend
Legend

Trader Points :
Saco Rivers Auction's latest coup! Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Saco Rivers Auction's latest coup! Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by ullmandds Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:52 pm

I don't know...maybe they all came from the same place?  and...they seem to have done  pretty well with these esoteric pieces in the past.  they advertise the heck out of them...and seem to end up in the mass media as well promoting their stuff.
ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by r337man Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:50 pm

ullmandds wrote:dan...a MN auction house in conjunction w/proxibid tried to auction the "cobb" wagner a few months back which received no bids...it wasn't Saco River.
Yes! that is what I was thinking.

Why is it called the Cobb/Wagner?

I need a little back history please

At least you figured out what I was trying to say cause I had no idea what I was saying  question
r337man
r337man
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by r337man Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:55 pm

ullmandds wrote:Dude...that's the cobb POS phony wagner that the MN auction house tried to auction with Proxibid a few months ago...was Savo River involved with that POS too?

No sorry, I confused Saco with the MN place.  I think the MN house is run by a pair of brothers maybe?

anyway, that is the Wagner I was thinking of so thank you for that

But the wrong auction house, my bad

dan
r337man
r337man
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:14 pm

The "Cobb" Wagner is the phony blue-eyed Wagner that teo guys, one with last name Cobb, have been trying pass of a real for over 10 years. There is a fair amount written about it in the book The Card, where I am quoted out of context to make me look racist  afro These guys have suupsoedly had all sorts of testing done to prove the card is real, but won't let a TPG look at the card unless they can be there to witness because they are afraid they will steal it, swap it out, etc.
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
Saco Rivers Auction's latest coup! Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Saco Rivers Auction's latest coup! Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by r337man Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:06 pm

Comical!  That thing is as fake as all hell!
r337man
r337man
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down