Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Really? No want lists?

4 posters

Go down

Really? No want lists? Empty Really? No want lists?

Post by sabrjay Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:18 pm

Probably the most shocking thing I learned from this weekend's card show here in The Cities is that apparently brick & mortar stores don't take want lists anymore. I talked to two store owners that were set up there and asked if I could leave my want list with them. Both relied that they don't take want lists for older cards. That I should just check their eBay listings for that sort of thing.

I know b&m's have a hard enough time as it is, but should be alienating collectors, even if it isn't something they specialize in? I'd think they would want to get rid of something locally without having to list on eBay and the hassles that entails.
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
Really? No want lists? Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Really? No want lists? Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Really? No want lists? Empty Re: Really? No want lists?

Post by cccc Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:32 pm

want list?  lol, what is this jay 1995?

and what is this brick and mortar store you speak of?  you probably still wear long johns, flannels, and listen to pearl jam!
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
Really? No want lists? Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100Really? No want lists? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by ullmandds Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:39 pm

jay carries around his want list on a crumpled piece of paper. he keeps it wedged in the belt clip of his sony walkman.
ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :
Really? No want lists? Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100Really? No want lists? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by pariah1107 Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:04 pm

Didn't know Sony made an 8-track walkman.Very Happy 

How long can this want list be? Ten items, maybe. Is customer service dead?
pariah1107
pariah1107
Legend
Legend

Trader Points :
Really? No want lists? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Really? No want lists? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:14 am

I need an 8 track so I can play my H R Pufnstuf soundtrack
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
Really? No want lists? Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Really? No want lists? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by pariah1107 Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:58 pm

Pufnstuff rocks! "If you bump into a bonnet/with eyes and ears upon it/ No, you haven't gone bats/ That's Lidsville". My fave of that series of Saturday morning shows was Sigmund & the Sea Monsters. Got the DVD to periodically relive my childhood, but my daughter loves it too. Perfect Saturday morning.

My father's '48 Pontiac had what was termed, "a Hi-way Hi-Fi". It was a pull from under the dash 45 RPM record player. The coolest, but most useless car stereo in history...

Sorry to drift off topic.
pariah1107
pariah1107
Legend
Legend

Trader Points :
Really? No want lists? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Really? No want lists? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:55 pm

Sid & Marty Krofft made the most drug addled kids shows until Yo Gabba! hit the scene. That show makes anything the Krofft's did look sane.
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by pariah1107 Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:28 pm

I hear lots of "alternative" bands, such as Flaming Lips, have appeared on Yo Gabba! but have yet to see it. Gotta go to the store and request it. That's right, stores don't do that anymore either. Guess I'll surf Amazon.

Surprisingly, Sid & Marty Krofft say they never did drugs. Of course, Frank Zappa made the same claim.
pariah1107
pariah1107
Legend
Legend

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down