Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello all, new member here

+4
ullmandds
Bosox Blair
sabrjay
the 'stache
8 posters

Go down

Hello all, new member here Empty Hello all, new member here

Post by the 'stache Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:22 pm

I just wanted to say a quick "hello" to everybody. My name is Bill. I'm new, though I already know some of you from Net 54. I figure one can never meet enough cool hobbyists, so I've decided to lurk no longer. Smile 

Just a quick background on me. I'm a 42 year old stock broker, and I've been a baseball fan for as long as I can remember. I started reading about Nap Lajoie, Walter Johnson, Christy Mathewson and Ty Cobb pretty much as soon as I could read. I started collecting pre-war and vintage cards about a year ago, and this has easily been the most enjoyable year of my life from a hobby standpoint.

Like many newbies, the T206 set initially grabbed my attention, and I've started collecting it. I'm also collecting the '33 and '34 Goudey set. I really like the Cracker Jack sets, the American Caremel cards, and the Exhibit sets, just to name a few. I'll dabble in these while also working on my vintage and modern collection.

I look forward to chatting with you all! Have a great weekend, everybody!

Bill
the 'stache
the 'stache
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Trader Points :
Hello all, new member here Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Hello all, new member here Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Hello all, new member here Empty Re: Hello all, new member here

Post by sabrjay Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:43 pm

Welcome aboard, Bill! Glad that you made move from lurker to status. It's always nice to have new voices on the board. Feel free to post what you like.

Our motto, there are no stupid questions, just stupid answers. The core of the board has mostly collectors that have been at it for 10+ years so there is a strong knowledge base. Myself, I'm nearing the 35 year point in the hobby.
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
Hello all, new member here Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Hello all, new member here Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Bosox Blair Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:37 am

Hi Bill,

Welcome aboard - always good to have another forum devoted to this hobby, I say. Hope to see you bring some of your noted enthusiasm to the FC Forum!
Bosox Blair
Bosox Blair
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :
Hello all, new member here Left_bar_bleue12 / 10012 / 100Hello all, new member here Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by ullmandds Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:21 pm

welcome to the other side bill... r u growing a handlebar moustache for mo-vember?
ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :
Hello all, new member here Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100Hello all, new member here Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Z-NUT Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:35 pm

Welcome Smile 

Z-NUT
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
Hello all, new member here Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100Hello all, new member here Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by the 'stache Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:18 am

ullmandds wrote:welcome to the other side bill... r u growing a handlebar moustache for mo-vember?
Hi Pete. Nope, no mustache for me. I am decidedly without facial hair. Very Happy 
the 'stache
the 'stache
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Trader Points :
Hello all, new member here Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Hello all, new member here Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by ullmandds Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:39 pm

personally I grew a goatee for my halloween costume...which I've decided to keep for now!
ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :
Hello all, new member here Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100Hello all, new member here Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by the 'stache Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:44 pm

If there's one thing I hate more than shaving, it's the feeling of facial hair. It makes me itchy.
the 'stache
the 'stache
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by KelseyC. Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:37 pm

Hey Bill, I'm new here too. I have some great cards for sale on Trading Card Co. website. If you guys want to check them out just search my username. Also, feel free to tell me your views on baseball cards for a school project for me!

KelseyC.
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by the 'stache Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:27 pm

Welcome aboard, Kelsey. What is trading card company? I find nothing on Google. What's the URL?
the 'stache
the 'stache
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by KelseyC. Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:05 am

The URL is www.tradingcard.co

KelseyC.
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by andybecker Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:53 pm

the 'stache wrote:If there's one thing I hate more than shaving, it's the feeling of facial hair. It makes me itchy.
me too......exactly.....welcome aboard Bill.

andybecker
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Griffins Sun Dec 01, 2013 7:13 am

meh, when you have no chin you get used to facial hair.

Griffins
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down