Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A-rod sues MLB

4 posters

Go down

A-rod sues MLB Empty A-rod sues MLB

Post by sabrjay Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:06 pm

My first thought was, he's an idiot. Then after reading the article I realized he did have a valid point. Whether they actually prove the Selig and MLB knowingly ignored the steroid use will be interesting. If they do, MLB and Selig deserve whatever results from it.

Here's hoping he can prove it.

A-rod sues MLB
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
A-rod sues MLB Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100A-rod sues MLB Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

A-rod sues MLB Empty Re: A-rod sues MLB

Post by cccc Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:23 pm

i thought the CBA is supposed to override everything. i think arod would've taken a 100 game ban from mlb...but he's the white whale in selig's eye on this movement against ped. i think he gets next year off from the arbitrator.
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
A-rod sues MLB Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100A-rod sues MLB Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by cccc Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:30 pm

and the biggest hypocrites in this ped era will be the writers and people covering the game. they have to know what's been going down for 15+ years, they got a front seat to the whole thing...and now to actively put some kind of retroactive freeze on guys like bonds and clemens making the hall, the same guys they were celebrating back then is really stupid.
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
A-rod sues MLB Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100A-rod sues MLB Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by pariah1107 Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:23 pm

Seems to be more legal-ese for leverage to reduce his suspension, rather than lawsuit to bring anything to light. Think there's any chance they'll name this case, "Super-Ego v. More Super-Ego"?

pariah1107
pariah1107
Legend
Legend

Trader Points :
A-rod sues MLB Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100A-rod sues MLB Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by jbonie Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:44 am

A lot of guys were juicing back then. Must say, the entire thing is beginning to make A-Rod into a more and more sympathetic figure. He had his test results leaked; that was bad. It was only considered his second offense because he confessed to the first one - but that was after results which were promised to be confidential were leaked. Players weren't supposed to be punished for testing positive on that test, so it is a bit of a misrepresentation to suspend him for one year plus as if it were his second offense.

Perhaps he had been unfairly vilified. That doesn't make him a hero, he is no saint. But not as great a sinner as many consider him to be. Just arrogant, is all.
jbonie
jbonie
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :
A-rod sues MLB Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100A-rod sues MLB Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down