Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For those of us NOT going to national...

+2
sabrjay
ullmandds
6 posters

Go down

For those of us NOT going to national... Empty For those of us NOT going to national...

Post by ullmandds Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:07 pm

This time of the year these message boards slow to a near grinding halt as many collectors flock to the national...this yr in Baltimore. So what are "we" to do/talk about?!?! I look to the board(s) dozens of times throughout the day for an escape from pulling teeth and dealing with screaming kids.

Does anyone have any ideas as to how we can pass the time until things return to normalcy in 5-6 days?

ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :
For those of us NOT going to national... Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100For those of us NOT going to national... Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

For those of us NOT going to national... Empty Re: For those of us NOT going to national...

Post by sabrjay Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:17 pm

You can always come over this weekend and I'll smoke a few racks of ribs and you could try out the homemade bacon.
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
For those of us NOT going to national... Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100For those of us NOT going to national... Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

For those of us NOT going to national... Empty Re: For those of us NOT going to national...

Post by ullmandds Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:20 pm

mmmmm...bacon! I may take you up on that one!!!!!

ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :
For those of us NOT going to national... Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100For those of us NOT going to national... Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by fisherboy7 Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:38 pm

How about scouring ebay for good deals? This cool Kelly mascot postcard that matches the t210 was listed last night at 9.99 with no reserve, and ended less than an hour later after the seller added a BIN. Too bad, I was hoping to bid and would have gone higher than the BIN.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.l2557&item=261076061687&nma=true&rt=nc&si=%252FMXIvgn5zAczBbYRVjmNHouydjo%253D&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc
fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Admin
Admin

Trader Points :
For those of us NOT going to national... Left_bar_bleue55 / 10055 / 100For those of us NOT going to national... Right_bar_bleue

http://www.imageevent.com/fisherboy7

Back to top Go down

Post by ullmandds Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:41 pm

wow...that was a pretty cheap bin?! I bet a lot of people would have paid more for that!
ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGuy219 Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:37 pm

Pete, your day would move a lot faster and you'd be less bored if you took a few hits of the nitrous at work.
BigGuy219
BigGuy219
All-Time Greats Champion

Trader Points :
For those of us NOT going to national... Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100For those of us NOT going to national... Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by ullmandds Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:49 pm

today...of all days...I can't tell you how much I wish I could do that!!!! Maximum stress today...almost done!!!!!
ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by fisherboy7 Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:54 am

ullmandds wrote:wow...that was a pretty cheap bin?! I bet a lot of people would have paid more for that!

That's what I thought too. Hopefully it goes into someone's collection instead of a quick flip. Very unique piece, and a high quality image to boot! BTW, that seller has a few others players from the same issue, but they don't have that same appeal as the mascot.
fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Admin
Admin

Trader Points :
For those of us NOT going to national... Left_bar_bleue55 / 10055 / 100For those of us NOT going to national... Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:27 am

I would have paid a small fortune for that postcard.Would have made a great companion piece to my T210.I dont scour enough.
Jason
Jason
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Trader Points :
For those of us NOT going to national... Left_bar_bleue3 / 1003 / 100For those of us NOT going to national... Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by ullmandds Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:57 am

It'd be nice if some of our members would fill us in on nat'l goings on?!?!

LEE?!?!?!?

I guess the NET 54 Dinner is in full swing by now...I bet everyone's drunk and talking vintage bb cards...what a nightmare!!!!
ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:51 am

The dinner was very nice.Pretty good spread and I did meet a few collectors.I wish I was more social and worked the room.Looking forward to the show tomorrow.A highlight for me was meeting the Author of The Card.He was a really cool guy.I brought my son and he was totally into it.Great weekend.Wish all you guys could have came.
Jason
Jason
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Trader Points :
For those of us NOT going to national... Left_bar_bleue3 / 1003 / 100For those of us NOT going to national... Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by ValKehl Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:28 am

Hi Jason - Sorry we didn't manage to connect at the Net 54 dinner - I too wish that "I was more social and worked the room," but did my best to meet as many as I could. Did you pick up any T210s for your growing collection? I picked up a few type cards and a couple of Sam Rice cards (but, no WaJo cards), but I didn't spend as much as I thought I would (this leaves me more $$ for upcoming auctions!). I went on Friday & Saturday, and as always. one of the highlights for me is seeing special, pricey cards that I'll never be able to own, unless I win a big lottery - I especially enjoyed seeing the T206 blue-back Old Mill, the recent E98 find, the incredible collection of E107s in Legendary's auction, and the T206 red Hindus in the recent southern find - I got to hold the lower-graded of the 2 red Hindu WaJos in this find, which is a "die for" card to me!
Best,
Val

ValKehl
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :
For those of us NOT going to national... Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100For those of us NOT going to national... Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:06 pm

Hey Val.I was checking name tags but never saw yours.I was disappointed not to shake your hand.Chantilly in October?I did pick up 4 Red Borders.It was slim pickings for those besides Joes Vintage.I got 3 more Series 2 too move to 7 cards left for completion.I didn't see much Wajo except a bunch of T206 portraits.Sorry you didn't get to grow that amazing set this weekend.I also didn't spend nearly as much as I was prepared to.I didn't get to see the Blue Back Old Mill or the 2 Joe Jackson's.Good luck with the auctions I'll be excited to hear if you won that particular lot.Jason
Jason
Jason
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by fisherboy7 Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:09 pm

Hey Jason, I have a spare series 8 T210 of Crandall (Memphis) in about gd/vg condition, shoot me a PM if you could use the card.
fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Admin
Admin

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down