Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grading of 19th Century Cards

3 posters

Go down

Grading of 19th Century Cards Empty Grading of 19th Century Cards

Post by chefmikeg Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:18 am

Below are a few examples of some 19th century cards that I have obtained. I am far from an expert in grading, but I was curious as to what all your thoughts are about the grading of 19th cards. In my opinion, to me it seems that the grading companies are more favorable to these older cards. Do you think that they got it right or are they more prone to giving the card a better grade just because its older.

Mike

Grading of 19th Century Cards 009_7916

[url=https://servimg.com/view/11849883/106]Grading of 19th Century Cards Browns10

Grading of 19th Century Cards Kalama10
chefmikeg
chefmikeg
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Trader Points :
Grading of 19th Century Cards Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Grading of 19th Century Cards Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Grading of 19th Century Cards Empty Re: Grading of 19th Century Cards

Post by sabrjay Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:36 pm

That seems to be the weak spot for every company. Faded OJs get crazy high grades but if that same card was a t206 that was faded that badly the grade would get hammered.
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
Grading of 19th Century Cards Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Grading of 19th Century Cards Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by bowlingshoeguy Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:00 pm

The one thing with 19th Century collectors and graded cards is that the majority of the collectors do it right and buy the card not the holder. I have had SGC 40s go for more than an SGC 80 because the image was much nicer. I personally get them graded for the protection over the number grade.

Lee
bowlingshoeguy
bowlingshoeguy
Sultan of the Cycle Back
Sultan of the Cycle Back

Trader Points :
Grading of 19th Century Cards Left_bar_bleue53 / 10053 / 100Grading of 19th Century Cards Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down