Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is the oldest post-1980 price guide which you consider

2 posters

Go down

What is the oldest post-1980 price guide which you consider Empty What is the oldest post-1980 price guide which you consider

Post by ItsOnlyGil Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:23 am

I always liked the Becketts 1979-present because they have a multi-decade history. But they were not always accurately updated, and often dropped sets in favor of accomodating new issues while maintaining publication size.

SCD has a better reputation for pre-war card accuracy. But far less continuous coverage.

Lipsett published his pre-war pricing opinions in his Old Judge publication. And this reference could be used to determine the legitimacy of other price guides issued during the same periods.

??

Edited to add:
Oh geeze, the title gets chopped if too long.
ItsOnlyGil
ItsOnlyGil
Retired
Retired

Trader Points :
What is the oldest post-1980 price guide which you consider Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100What is the oldest post-1980 price guide which you consider Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

What is the oldest post-1980 price guide which you consider Empty Re: What is the oldest post-1980 price guide which you consider

Post by scott elkins Tue Dec 18, 2007 4:53 am

Gil, An old Beckett I use to own (time period you are referring to) was where I remember first seeing Hustler as a T206 back type - I wish I would have kept that old price guide, but I threw out several, along with several auction catalogs when I quit collecting in 2001. At least, I threw out most that I had not given away. I remember giving Ken Eccles a few (old Full Count member).

scott elkins
Inactive

Trader Points :
What is the oldest post-1980 price guide which you consider Left_bar_bleue8 / 1008 / 100What is the oldest post-1980 price guide which you consider Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

What is the oldest post-1980 price guide which you consider Empty Re: What is the oldest post-1980 price guide which you consider

Post by ItsOnlyGil Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:17 pm

Scott:
I've kept mine, but tossed several things more valuable. I still have #s 1, 4, 6, 10, 13. So, if you can remember which one you are looking for, we could get lucky. Or, I bet there are other fools like (and unlike) me, who pack ratted these.
Gil
ItsOnlyGil
ItsOnlyGil
Retired
Retired

Trader Points :
What is the oldest post-1980 price guide which you consider Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100What is the oldest post-1980 price guide which you consider Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down