Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Favorite Card in REA?

+3
sabrjay
ullmandds
jbonie
7 posters

Go down

Favorite Card in REA? Empty Favorite Card in REA?

Post by jbonie Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:00 pm

As always, lots of amazing stuff in the auction. So which card is your favorite?

Mine is the kbats O'Rourke. It's already soared to 30k plus BP, way out my price range (I did not bid), but I think that card is incredible! Super rare, high grade, uber-crisp image of a hall of famer. So which card is your favorite from REA?
jbonie
jbonie
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :
Favorite Card in REA? Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100Favorite Card in REA? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Favorite Card in REA? Empty Re: Favorite Card in REA?

Post by ullmandds Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:31 pm

I was just perusing REA...and while I can't pick a favorite yet...I sure do like the trim job on lot #281...
ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :
Favorite Card in REA? Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100Favorite Card in REA? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:26 pm

The trimmed t206 Plank with a Piedmont back is interesting. The registration on the card is amazing. Personally, I'll take a card like that over a one with sharp corners and is off-register. I also noticed the description says that ALL Piedmont back Wagner and Plank cards appear to be hand cut.
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
Favorite Card in REA? Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Favorite Card in REA? Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGuy219 Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:31 pm

Can I be a 'homer' and say I really, really like the Red Cross Lowdermilk?
BigGuy219
BigGuy219
All-Time Greats Champion

Trader Points :
Favorite Card in REA? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Favorite Card in REA? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:56 pm

Sure, easily one of the most significant cards in the auction.
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
Favorite Card in REA? Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Favorite Card in REA? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by cccc Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:05 pm

my favorite is lot #1, the t210 joe jax. i would make sacrifices of 15 cows, 28 goats, 150 chickens, and 5 virgins (boys/girls) to the mayan gods for the card if possible.

just to think 8-9 years ago you can pick up a collector grade for about 12-15k.
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
Favorite Card in REA? Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100Favorite Card in REA? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Bosox Blair Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:28 pm

I don't have a clear fave this year...but I will say that I have always been partial to the beauty of the E97 Keeler card, and the one in this REA is really nice!
Bosox Blair
Bosox Blair
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :
Favorite Card in REA? Left_bar_bleue12 / 10012 / 100Favorite Card in REA? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by cccc Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:23 am

blair i just checked and keeler did not play for any boston team...stop it with this nonsense trying to throw us off your trail!
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
Favorite Card in REA? Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100Favorite Card in REA? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGuy219 Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:29 am

cccc wrote:blair i just checked and keeler did not play for any boston team...stop it with this nonsense trying to throw us off your trail!

Personally, I think he's going after lot #199. That's my pick in the Blair pool.
BigGuy219
BigGuy219
All-Time Greats Champion

Trader Points :
Favorite Card in REA? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Favorite Card in REA? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Bosox Blair Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:40 am

cccc wrote:blair i just checked and keeler did not play for any boston team...stop it with this nonsense trying to throw us off your trail!

A bit too obvious, huh? Laughing
Bosox Blair
Bosox Blair
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :
Favorite Card in REA? Left_bar_bleue12 / 10012 / 100Favorite Card in REA? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Bosox Blair Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:44 am

BigGuy219 wrote:

Personally, I think he's going after lot #199. That's my pick in the Blair pool.

Hi Chris,

The E97 Sullivan is definitely a key card for my collection, but I have had the good fortune to previously pick up all 3 variations of that card: Boston color, Boston B&W and Chicago color. Here's my Boston color...still ungraded...I got it in the 1990s:

Favorite Card in REA? Dennis10
Bosox Blair
Bosox Blair
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by jbonie Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:49 am

I have no objection to collecting Boston Braves material, but that disgusting Red Sox team? Yuck.

(I write this from my apartment in Boston, but what can I say? I'm a Jersey transplant). Smile
jbonie
jbonie
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :
Favorite Card in REA? Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100Favorite Card in REA? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGuy219 Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:49 am

Bosox Blair wrote:
BigGuy219 wrote:

Hi Chris,

The E97 Sullivan is definitely a key card for my collection, but I have had the good fortune to previously pick up all 3 variations of that card: Boston color, Boston B&W and Chicago color. Here's my Boston color...still ungraded...I got it in the 1990s:

Darn. Beautiful card. I'm out of the Blair pool already. Mad Good luck to the rest of you with guesses.
BigGuy219
BigGuy219
All-Time Greats Champion

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by cccc Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:04 am

that sullivan is a blazer for that card/issue.
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by cccc Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:24 am

jbonie wrote:I have no objection to collecting Boston Braves material, but that disgusting Red Sox team? Yuck.

(I write this from my apartment in Boston, but what can I say? I'm a Jersey transplant). Smile

nothing wrong with collecting sox J! although they're the new yankees and i rather enjoy watching them struggling early this year

loving this card:

Favorite Card in REA? Ted-2
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBig6 Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:37 am

Quan, you been shopping at wildwestdeals.com?
Speaking of Don West, check out some Opie and Anthony on You tube, One of them imitates Don West, It's Hilarious
I'd put a link but they are kinda kinda riskay
TheBig6
TheBig6
The Relic
The Relic

Trader Points :
Favorite Card in REA? Left_bar_bleue27 / 10027 / 100Favorite Card in REA? Right_bar_bleue

http://imageevent.com/ruckers

Back to top Go down

Post by jbonie Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:44 am

A few others I admire are:

kbats Al Mays
the sepia postcards from 1910
and yes quan, the joe jax
jbonie
jbonie
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:07 pm

I think my favorite non-card item would be the Matty 16 strikeout ball. Very cool piece. The Mays Millers jersey would be pretty cool too.
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by jbonie Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:29 pm

How about the Excelsiors trophy ball? That thing is seriously f@cking awesome.
jbonie
jbonie
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:45 pm

That is cool too, but if you have company over, chances are they might know who Matty is but no clue about the Excelsiors. People that know the history of the game would probably be more impressed with the trophy ball than the Matty ball and if I had to choose one of the other, I'd take the Matty ball.
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down