Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What vintage card has been in your collection the longest?

+11
T206.org
jbonie
hrbaker
smtjoy
ullmandds
Bicem
terjung
ValKehl
sabrjay
3-2-count
bowlingshoeguy
15 posters

Go down

What vintage card has been in your collection the longest? Empty What vintage card has been in your collection the longest?

Post by bowlingshoeguy Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:55 pm

This question took me a while to figure out but I believe this one has been on my collection the longest. This card was purchased in the early 80's, $5 I believe. I liked the combination of old card and HOFer:

What vintage card has been in your collection the longest? 33goud12

Lee

Last edited by bowlingshoeguy on Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
bowlingshoeguy
bowlingshoeguy
Sultan of the Cycle Back
Sultan of the Cycle Back

Trader Points :
What vintage card has been in your collection the longest? Left_bar_bleue53 / 10053 / 100What vintage card has been in your collection the longest? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

What vintage card has been in your collection the longest? Empty Re: What vintage card has been in your collection the longest?

Post by 3-2-count Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:57 pm

I'd have to say this one. It's the card that got me focused on collecting T206 HOF portraits.

Photobucket Photobucket
3-2-count
3-2-count
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
What vintage card has been in your collection the longest? Left_bar_bleue18 / 10018 / 100What vintage card has been in your collection the longest? Right_bar_bleue

http://www.32countsportscards.com/collection.html

Back to top Go down

What vintage card has been in your collection the longest? Empty Re: What vintage card has been in your collection the longest?

Post by sabrjay Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:49 pm

Not sure which one I got first but they have been in my collection since about 2003.

What vintage card has been in your collection the longest? ColganWhat vintage card has been in your collection the longest? E92oakesWhat vintage card has been in your collection the longest? Johnson
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
What vintage card has been in your collection the longest? Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100What vintage card has been in your collection the longest? Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ValKehl Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:08 am

My first vintage card was a T207 Recruit - WaJo that I tradeed some 1960 Topps cards for to Bill Huggins (of Huggins & Scott Auctions) at his retail shop in Silver Spring, MD, back in the mid-1980s when I had a full head of hair! Where has time gone?!!
Val

ValKehl
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :
What vintage card has been in your collection the longest? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100What vintage card has been in your collection the longest? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by terjung Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:38 am

Probably as an indicator of how little time I have been in the pre-war collecting market, of the cards that are in my collection, the earliest one that I purchased and still have was purchased in October 2008. I purchased a couple others a month or two earlier, but they are gone. So, this one (which will be recognized as having been owned by at least 2 others here... Jeff and Ben) has been in my collection the longest. Coincidentally, it is also tied for the earliest produced card in my collection.

So, this card began my affinity for E107 HOFers and also signaled the dramatic shift in my collecting (away from high end A-Rod rookies and other high end, modern insert sets). Fortunately, I sold my A-Rod rookies off just prior to his outing for 'roids. Fortunate timing for me, but it confirmed in my mind why vintage is the way to go. We all know Cobb was a jerk and Matty was a gentleman. Not much "news" will come out about them to affect their card values! I don't regret my switch for a minute.

Good thread idea, Lee!

What vintage card has been in your collection the longest? E107%20Joss%20SGC%2010
terjung
terjung
Legend
Legend

Trader Points :
What vintage card has been in your collection the longest? Left_bar_bleue8 / 1008 / 100What vintage card has been in your collection the longest? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Bicem Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:26 am

I miss that Joss. Sad
Bicem
Bicem
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
What vintage card has been in your collection the longest? Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100What vintage card has been in your collection the longest? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by ullmandds Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:54 am

Good question Lee...my first vintage card was this T206 Matty offered to me at a local show probably c1982 or so...by an older kid...$2. I aquired this goudey Collins shortly thereafter. When I sold my collection to buy a camaro in high school...I kept all 3 of my vintage cards...those 2 and a t205 criger.

[img]What vintage card has been in your collection the longest? Firstv10[/img]
ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :
What vintage card has been in your collection the longest? Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100What vintage card has been in your collection the longest? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by smtjoy Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:06 pm

A birthday gift from my parents in 1982.

What vintage card has been in your collection the longest? T206ClarkeA
smtjoy
smtjoy
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :
What vintage card has been in your collection the longest? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100What vintage card has been in your collection the longest? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by hrbaker Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:03 pm

1939 Playball Charley Gehringer (1988)
hrbaker
hrbaker
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by jbonie Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:09 pm

Since I sold off my other stuff (with the exception of Ewing and Mascot), the Delahanty in my avatar is actually my oldest card.
jbonie
jbonie
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :
What vintage card has been in your collection the longest? Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100What vintage card has been in your collection the longest? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by T206.org Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:46 pm

My first T206, thanks to Keith O'Leary back in 2000, or 2001:
What vintage card has been in your collection the longest? Bender

Bought, PSA slabbed not long after, crossed to SGC a couple of years later, sold a couple of years later, bought back a couple of years later. At this point, the sentimental value, and the ridiculous amount of money I have into it, haha, are too great, and my plan is to keep it in the SGC holder and never sell it again.
T206.org
T206.org
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Trader Points :
What vintage card has been in your collection the longest? Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100What vintage card has been in your collection the longest? Right_bar_bleue

http://www.livetocollect.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBig6 Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:37 pm

I think this is my earliest pick up that is still in my collection today. I saw it at one of those little hotel shows in the 80's. Never had seen anything like it, had to have it. It was raw at the time.
What vintage card has been in your collection the longest? Sgclajoie
TheBig6
TheBig6
The Relic
The Relic

Trader Points :
What vintage card has been in your collection the longest? Left_bar_bleue27 / 10027 / 100What vintage card has been in your collection the longest? Right_bar_bleue

http://imageevent.com/ruckers

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim Rivera cfc1909 Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:19 am

my first vintage card-about 1989 or 90

What vintage card has been in your collection the longest? Cobb10
Jim Rivera cfc1909
Jim Rivera cfc1909
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
What vintage card has been in your collection the longest? Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100What vintage card has been in your collection the longest? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Yankees Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:00 pm

heres mine

What vintage card has been in your collection the longest? Scan0003-1
What vintage card has been in your collection the longest? Scan0004-2

paied 30.00 for it don't remeber when I bought but it was a nice additon to the Vintage Yankees collection

Vintage Yankees
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGuy219 Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:09 pm

What vintage card has been in your collection the longest? Speaker-1909-11T206

When I was 17-18 years old I remember finding this on eBay being sold by the big dealer in Las Vegas at the time. Can't remember their name, but it was like 1999-2000. It has scrapbook damage on the reverse, and I believe it cost me about $70.

I bid even though I don't think I had $7, let alone $70. Looking back it makes me laugh how much things have changed, such as me bidding in days in advance and nervously waiting, rather than sniping. And of course the trip to the post office to buy a money order.

My mother was kind enough to buy it for me as I informed her that failure to pay was a breach of contract or some nonsense. I was a real stinker, but considering that I now work for a retail giant in Florida teaching high school dropouts how to get old ladies to buy discount cards and sign up for magazine trials that automatically renew ... it all makes sense in retrospect.

The next day, however, she took me down to get a job and I began working to sustain my beater addiction before college. I still have it, recently had it graded, and despite the damage to the back it somehow managed to pull a numerical grade.
BigGuy219
BigGuy219
All-Time Greats Champion

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down