Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

legendary auctions 30 min rule

5 posters

Go down

legendary auctions 30 min rule Empty legendary auctions 30 min rule

Post by lentel Thu May 27, 2010 4:03 am

Does anyone else like the legendary auctions 30 min rule for individual lots not a 30 min rule for the whole auction. I kind of do myself, things seem to end earlier and dont drag on and on.
The robert edward auction could have probably gone on another 24 hours or more if not shut down. legendary auctions 30 min rule Icon_idea
lentel
lentel
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Trader Points :
legendary auctions 30 min rule Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100legendary auctions 30 min rule Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

legendary auctions 30 min rule Empty Re: legendary auctions 30 min rule

Post by jbonie Thu May 27, 2010 4:50 am

The 30 min rule is great and certainly does a lot to restore bidder's sanity. It is hard to make financial decisions at 3AM. I am a west coaster, so it may be to my advantage, but I used to live in Boston and found it annoying.

REA has a bit of an excuse since they are auctioning off thousands of lots simultaneously, but I wish that all the smaller auctions would switch. Another X-factor is whether the software of said auction companies is capable of such a switch.

Props to Legendary and SCP Auctions for their 30 minute rules!
jbonie
jbonie
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :
legendary auctions 30 min rule Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100legendary auctions 30 min rule Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by fisherboy7 Thu May 27, 2010 1:10 pm

Always nice to have an auction close before midnight....for the buyer. For the consignor, not so much.

On a side note, did anyone else think prices were very soft in last night's auction? Especially on some tough 19th century stuff.
fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Admin
Admin

Trader Points :
legendary auctions 30 min rule Left_bar_bleue55 / 10055 / 100legendary auctions 30 min rule Right_bar_bleue

http://www.imageevent.com/fisherboy7

Back to top Go down

legendary auctions 30 min rule Empty I love it

Post by Sixtofan Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:09 am

As an East Coaster I can actually watch the end of this type of auction. I actually spend quite a bit more this way as I will stay alive on several lots - rather than just going to bed.

Sixtofan
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Trader Points :
legendary auctions 30 min rule Left_bar_bleue1 / 1001 / 100legendary auctions 30 min rule Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by crazylocomerk Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:51 pm

I also like this format as a buyer. For a collector on a budget, who has to methodically place bids, the 30 minute rule per lot makes it easier to make decisions.
crazylocomerk
crazylocomerk
KOTTON King
KOTTON King

Trader Points :
legendary auctions 30 min rule Left_bar_bleue12 / 10012 / 100legendary auctions 30 min rule Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by crazylocomerk Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:52 pm

Huggins and Scott is another auction house with this ending format.
crazylocomerk
crazylocomerk
KOTTON King
KOTTON King

Trader Points :
legendary auctions 30 min rule Left_bar_bleue12 / 10012 / 100legendary auctions 30 min rule Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down