Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vintage fantasy League need more players

+3
cccc
jbonie
sabrjay
7 posters

Go down

Vintage fantasy League need more players Empty Vintage fantasy League need more players

Post by sabrjay Sun May 02, 2010 3:40 pm

The ongoing vintage fantasy baseball league is in need of two people to take over teams.

We started with 1871 season and are working our way through baseball history. We are currently drafting for the 1887 season. The league is basically a draft league. Once the draft is done, you submit your line up and you also have the option of deciding how your team hits, runs, pitches and plays defense, or you can go with the default settings.

There isn't a lot of time commitment. Just checking the draft occasionally to see if it is your turn to pick.

You can post here or send me a PM. If you like the history of the game, you will like and learn a lot of players you never heard of that were pretty good.
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
Vintage fantasy League need more players Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Vintage fantasy League need more players Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Vintage fantasy League need more players Empty Re: Vintage fantasy League need more players

Post by jbonie Sun May 02, 2010 7:09 pm

Sounds cool. Do you use OOTP?
jbonie
jbonie
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :
Vintage fantasy League need more players Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100Vintage fantasy League need more players Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Vintage fantasy League need more players Empty Re: Vintage fantasy League need more players

Post by sabrjay Sun May 02, 2010 7:14 pm

I use Diamond Mind. We hold the draft and do everything here on the forum. We have it set up as a hidden area so that we don't flood the portal. I'll add you to the group and you can check it out.
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
Vintage fantasy League need more players Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Vintage fantasy League need more players Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by jbonie Mon May 03, 2010 1:49 am

Sweet!
jbonie
jbonie
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :
Vintage fantasy League need more players Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100Vintage fantasy League need more players Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by cccc Mon May 03, 2010 6:00 pm

jay please add my name on the permitted list...i wanna see what's going on. if the guy with the awesome delahanty is doing it, it's at least worth seeing!
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
Vintage fantasy League need more players Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100Vintage fantasy League need more players Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Vintage fantasy League need more players Empty Fantasy League

Post by Sixtofan Tue May 18, 2010 12:32 am

Do you still need players? I haven't played Diamond mind for a few years but it would be fun to get back into it

Sixtofan
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Trader Points :
Vintage fantasy League need more players Left_bar_bleue1 / 1001 / 100Vintage fantasy League need more players Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Tue May 18, 2010 3:08 am

Right now we don't need anyone. We are drafting for the 1887 season right now. When we get to 1901 we will be looking to add three more teams.
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by bowlingshoeguy Tue May 18, 2010 7:34 am

I say we add a 10th. Vintage fantasy League need more players Icon_biggrin
bowlingshoeguy
bowlingshoeguy
Sultan of the Cycle Back
Sultan of the Cycle Back

Trader Points :
Vintage fantasy League need more players Left_bar_bleue53 / 10053 / 100Vintage fantasy League need more players Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRiddler Tue May 18, 2010 11:57 am

Weve got plenty of top players available to draft. Lets add two new teams.
TheRiddler
TheRiddler
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :
Vintage fantasy League need more players Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100Vintage fantasy League need more players Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Tue May 18, 2010 3:16 pm

When the AA folds, The NL expands to 12 teams. This lasts until 1901. I'm all for adding one more team, but we can't add anymore after that until the 1901 season.

I've given Sixtofan access to the fantasy league so that you can see what is going on.
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Wed May 19, 2010 3:48 pm

If anyone wants to look in on the league and see what all the ruckus is about, just post here and I'll make the forum visible to you.

For those that are wondering...what the heck is he talking about?...the forum for the league was made private so that it doesn't overrun the most recent post part of the portal. This isn't a secret club club or anything evil like some people have implied. We just want to make the forum as user friendly as possible for its main purpose, talking about vintage baseball cards.

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by jebren72 Wed May 19, 2010 4:49 pm

I dont mind if we add a 10th team though it will water down the talent pool abit for awhile. I do enjoy getting steals in the draft and this will lessen that, but its the same for everyone so if no one else minds I dont either.

jebren72
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
Vintage fantasy League need more players Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Vintage fantasy League need more players Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Vintage fantasy League need more players Empty Teams

Post by Sixtofan Sat May 22, 2010 2:16 pm

I poked around the forum a bit today. When you need another team please send me an email - i would be interested in playing. Thanks

Sixtofan
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Trader Points :
Vintage fantasy League need more players Left_bar_bleue1 / 1001 / 100Vintage fantasy League need more players Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Sat May 22, 2010 2:35 pm

We can add you for the 1888 season. We are just about done with the 1887 draft and it only takes 3 days to run the actual season.

Once all rosters have been cleared, you'd get to choose 2 players and decide if you want to keep them under contract. After that, we'd start the draft for the 1888 season with you drafting first.
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down