Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What to do with leftover $$$ from REA

+2
3-2-count
jbonie
6 posters

Go down

What to do with leftover $$$ from REA Empty What to do with leftover $$$ from REA

Post by jbonie Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:14 am

Looks like prices are going to be HUGE this year, given the way the economy has improved. But a wild idea struck me - what to do with the cash you have left over if you placed an autobid and you wind up with the card, but at an increment lower than you expected. My solution - buy gold!

Coincidentally, gold coins are about the same in prices as the REA increments. So if you set a bid for $6,000 and wind up getting the card for $5k, that leaves you with defacto $1175 left over. Gold American Eagles are going for $1225, so you can just dump the cash into that. At least, that's what I'll do...

And I'm not even a member of the Tea Party, nor follow Glen Beck - I just think it's a good idea! Very Happy
jbonie
jbonie
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :
What to do with leftover $$$ from REA Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100What to do with leftover $$$ from REA Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

What to do with leftover $$$ from REA Empty Re: What to do with leftover $$$ from REA

Post by 3-2-count Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:52 pm

At this rate I surely don't plan on having any extra money left over after REA. What to do with leftover $$$ from REA 445187
Even though gold is sky high right now, it's never a bad idea to have a bit.
3-2-count
3-2-count
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
What to do with leftover $$$ from REA Left_bar_bleue18 / 10018 / 100What to do with leftover $$$ from REA Right_bar_bleue

http://www.32countsportscards.com/collection.html

Back to top Go down

What to do with leftover $$$ from REA Empty Re: What to do with leftover $$$ from REA

Post by sabrjay Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:19 pm

I'd rather put it back into mutual funds or the stock market. You will mot likely see a better rate of return on that than you would with gold.
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
What to do with leftover $$$ from REA Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100What to do with leftover $$$ from REA Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Bosox Blair Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:39 am

What is this "leftover $$$" you speak of??? What to do with leftover $$$ from REA Confused
Bosox Blair
Bosox Blair
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :
What to do with leftover $$$ from REA Left_bar_bleue12 / 10012 / 100What to do with leftover $$$ from REA Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:29 pm

Bosox Blair wrote:What is this "leftover $$$" you speak of??? What to do with leftover $$$ from REA Confused

Leftover money? What money period!!! What to do with leftover $$$ from REA Icon_sad
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
What to do with leftover $$$ from REA Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100What to do with leftover $$$ from REA Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by jbonie Sat May 01, 2010 1:52 am

sabrjay wrote:Leftover money? What money period!!! What to do with leftover $$$ from REA Icon_sad

Ha! Sabrjay, you are in the wrong hobby. My roommate collects beer glasses. Maybe you should check that out! Razz

Just kidding...
jbonie
jbonie
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :
What to do with leftover $$$ from REA Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100What to do with leftover $$$ from REA Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRiddler Sat May 01, 2010 2:31 am

Gold American Eagles are going for $1225

I'm with you up to your specific gold option selection.

Eagles of recent vintage, and certainly of prior vintage trade at grade related values. Some alternate bullion choices do not have a condition premium associated with their purchase. I recommend that you do not pay a premium if your investment thrust is the metal, not the condition of the trinket.

At this instant:
1 oz. Krugerrand (Dates our choice)
Item # : 64

Price: $1,254.68 [?] Content: 1 oz
Weight: 33.930 grams
Diameter: 32.77mm
Qty:
TheRiddler
TheRiddler
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :
What to do with leftover $$$ from REA Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100What to do with leftover $$$ from REA Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by jbonie Sat May 01, 2010 3:30 am

I use APMEX. They buy the GAE's at $1204, sell at $1230, so that's a 2% take on their part. Hard to beat that. Brilliant uncirculated - value will correlate with the metal.
jbonie
jbonie
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim Rivera cfc1909 Wed May 05, 2010 2:32 am

I don't have any leftover coin from REA to buy gold but in 2006 I did buy 4, 1 oz 50 dollar gold coins with the indian/biffalo reverse (American Buffalo) straight from the US mint for $830 each and I did just check them on ebay -they are at 1225 to 1275 now. Might have to sell 2 and buy some cards... What to do with leftover $$$ from REA Icon_cool
Jim Rivera cfc1909
Jim Rivera cfc1909
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRiddler Thu May 06, 2010 11:01 pm

Well the time to move on gold is right now.
It is over $1200/oz. and never has it been higher.
So if you want to get in at the absolute top of the market
and hope it continues ,,, here you are!
TheRiddler
TheRiddler
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :
What to do with leftover $$$ from REA Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100What to do with leftover $$$ from REA Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum