Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Want to Buy Threads

3 posters

Go down

Want to Buy

Want to Buy Threads Vote_lcap13%Want to Buy Threads Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 1 ]
Want to Buy Threads Vote_lcap87%Want to Buy Threads Vote_rcap 87% 
[ 7 ]

Total Votes : 8

Want to Buy Threads Empty Want to Buy Threads

Post by bowlingshoeguy Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:20 am

I was just curious as to peoples opinions on a person posting a WTB. Should the potential buyer give a price after seeing scan or seller give an asking price?

I have run into the problem of not exactly knowing what a card is selling for when a person posts a WTB.

Lee
bowlingshoeguy
bowlingshoeguy
Sultan of the Cycle Back
Sultan of the Cycle Back

Trader Points :
Want to Buy Threads Left_bar_bleue53 / 10053 / 100Want to Buy Threads Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Want to Buy Threads Empty Re: Want to Buy Threads

Post by Bosox Blair Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:51 am

Here's what I think - if you post a WTB, you can be quite specific (ie. want to buy X card in PSA 4 for $Y). Or you can say: looking for X card between VG and EX grade...please let me know what you have and asking price.

I don't really understand a seller saying: I have what you want...how much will you pay? I think if he answers the ad, he wants to sell for some amount and should name the price.

Just my opinion.
Bosox Blair
Bosox Blair
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :
Want to Buy Threads Left_bar_bleue12 / 10012 / 100Want to Buy Threads Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by cccc Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:00 am

interesting question...imo seller should always state a price, even replying to a wtb ad. buyer can state condition desired...but if he lists his asking price he could be scaring/shutting off potential suitors. seller knows how much they got the card for, keep track of current market, and what kind of profit they want to make. of course the 2 parties could be far off price-wise (one side could be unrealistic) and that always feels like a wasted effort.

one thing i don't understand is people wtb-ing common cards that run on ebay every week...(yea i usually put those people on ignore afterwards)
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
Want to Buy Threads Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100Want to Buy Threads Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down