Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

what to do when buyer says item not delivered but DC says ya

+4
jebren72
bowlingshoeguy
Square_Frame_Ramly
lentel
8 posters

Go down

what to do when buyer says item not delivered but DC says ya Empty what to do when buyer says item not delivered but DC says ya

Post by lentel Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:44 pm

Recentely got a message from a buyer saying item never arrived and when was it mailed. I mailed it 3/16 and delivery confirmation says delivered 3/19. Does that take care of my obligation or could a problem still arise from this?
lentel
lentel
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Trader Points :
what to do when buyer says item not delivered but DC says ya Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100what to do when buyer says item not delivered but DC says ya Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

what to do when buyer says item not delivered but DC says ya Empty Re: what to do when buyer says item not delivered but DC says ya

Post by Square_Frame_Ramly Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:19 pm

I had the same problem when i shipped a T206 Lajoie portrait to a guy. The DC said delivered and the guy swore he did not get it....Turned out we both think the mail man took it, but of course can't prove it.

Was it an ebay transaction?

Mark
Square_Frame_Ramly
Square_Frame_Ramly
FC NCAA Bracket Champ
FC NCAA Bracket Champ

Trader Points :
what to do when buyer says item not delivered but DC says ya Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100what to do when buyer says item not delivered but DC says ya Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

what to do when buyer says item not delivered but DC says ya Empty Re: what to do when buyer says item not delivered but DC says ya

Post by bowlingshoeguy Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:45 pm

I recently have been holding back using DC just because of this type of problem. I do not think there is a correct solution. Anything under $100 I just ship first class, anything over gets over $100 get insurance and someone has to sign for it.

I would say about all you could do is split the loss with the other person.

Lee
bowlingshoeguy
bowlingshoeguy
Sultan of the Cycle Back
Sultan of the Cycle Back

Trader Points :
what to do when buyer says item not delivered but DC says ya Left_bar_bleue53 / 10053 / 100what to do when buyer says item not delivered but DC says ya Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by jebren72 Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:55 pm

The only thing Ebay goes by is a confirmation number. If the seller has one it doesnt matter whether the person got it or not. If you dont have one they will refund the full amount back to the buyer from your paypal account-even if the moneys not in there.

jebren72
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
what to do when buyer says item not delivered but DC says ya Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100what to do when buyer says item not delivered but DC says ya Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by 3-2-count Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:01 pm

Would the signature confirmation option be a better choice. It gives you the persons name who signed for the
package -vs- just stating the package was signed for which is all delivery confirmation is. I believe the sender
would be a bit more protected using this option the post office offers. Just my opinion.
Very sorry your having this issue.
3-2-count
3-2-count
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
what to do when buyer says item not delivered but DC says ya Left_bar_bleue18 / 10018 / 100what to do when buyer says item not delivered but DC says ya Right_bar_bleue

http://www.32countsportscards.com/collection.html

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRiddler Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:15 pm

If a seller can document that the PO has delivered the item, his job is done.
What happens to the package after delivery, is the buyer's responsibility.
There are some near war zones in which cards are delivered.
TheRiddler
TheRiddler
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :
what to do when buyer says item not delivered but DC says ya Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100what to do when buyer says item not delivered but DC says ya Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

what to do when buyer says item not delivered but DC says ya Empty yes i have delivery confirmation number

Post by lentel Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:43 pm

I have the number for delivery confirmation amd postal web site says delivered 9:43 am march 19,2010 with buyers city and zip code.
lentel
lentel
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:19 am

If you used DC and it shows delivered, you've done your part. You can prove that the post office delivered the item. I've always told my buyers that use DC for proof of delivery. Once it's in the PO's hands, it's their problem so you need pay for insurance if you worried about the post office losing the item.

Basically, buyers never want to take responsibility for being cheap. The buyer wants to be able to get a refund without having to pay for insurance. If they are worried about getting a refund for undelivered or lost packages, then they need to pay for isurance.

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
what to do when buyer says item not delivered but DC says ya Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100what to do when buyer says item not delivered but DC says ya Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by lentel Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:17 am

Jay just out of curiousity. If the post office shows it delivered and there was insurance would the post office honor the insurance if the buyer claims they never recieved it?
lentel
lentel
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:29 am

Anything insured has to be signed for. So if the piece got delivered and someone signed for it, I can't imagine the PO honoring an insurance claim if they show proof of delivery.
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
what to do when buyer says item not delivered but DC says ya Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100what to do when buyer says item not delivered but DC says ya Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Square_Frame_Ramly Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:37 am

Only over $199.99 insured has to be signed for with insurance. At least that's the way it was since i have not insured anything in 4-5 months.

Mark
Square_Frame_Ramly
Square_Frame_Ramly
FC NCAA Bracket Champ
FC NCAA Bracket Champ

Trader Points :
what to do when buyer says item not delivered but DC says ya Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100what to do when buyer says item not delivered but DC says ya Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by cccc Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:33 pm

<$200 insurance no signing needed...po will just eat that cost if buyer complains they don't receive it. DC is weird for sure, i've heard cases where package with DC is delivered to the wrong po box or diff address.

paying $2.50 insurance on a $40-$50 item doesn't make much sense, imo it's the seller's responsibility to get the item to the buyer safely since the buyer has taken most of the risk in making payment first. i usually just slap on the DC and will prolly split the cost if buyer said it was never received (never had that problem though).
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down