Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1971 Topps SUPER Baseball Card Set - Need advice

3 posters

Go down

1971 Topps SUPER Baseball Card Set - Need advice Empty 1971 Topps SUPER Baseball Card Set - Need advice

Post by lozzi Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:28 am

I use to be a big baseball collector, but I havnt traded or purchased any card in the last 10 years. Unfortunately, I just lost my Job after 12 years and we are on the verge of losing our home. Im sure you have herd this story before, so I will get to the point. I almost have the full 63 card set of the 1971 Topps SUPER Baseball Cards. I am missing #1 Reggie Smith, #31 Bert Campaneris, #37 Roberto Clemente, and #56 Willie Mays. The cards condition rate from Very Good To Near Mint. My question is; Is it best to Buy the cards I am missing and then sell as a full 63 card set or just sell what I have as 59 cards total or sell all cards individually? Any help would be greatly appreciated! The cars measure 3 1/8" x 5 1/4". I also have about 30 duplicates. Thanks again!
Tony

P.S.
I also have about 65 cards of the 1959 Fleer Ted Williams Set that I am working on.

lozzi
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Trader Points :
1971 Topps SUPER Baseball Card Set - Need advice Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 1001971 Topps SUPER Baseball Card Set - Need advice Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

1971 Topps SUPER Baseball Card Set - Need advice Empty Re: 1971 Topps SUPER Baseball Card Set - Need advice

Post by TheRiddler Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:52 am

I'm sorry to hear about your current misfortunes. Perhaps the best way to proceed is to sell your best quality cards, after you have them graded by a company such as PSA, after you have determined that they are worth the costs of grading.
One way to make this determination is to check the prices attained in ebay's completed auction listings, and compare that price with the costs of a grading service.
I am not familiar with the pricing of cards manufactured more recently than 1950, but it is my understanding that most are valued at a dollar or two, unless a top star or a top condition card. But you should verify this, because, as I indicated; this is outside of my expertise.

Good luck !
Gil

PS. come back and ask anything, if you have uncertainties.
TheRiddler
TheRiddler
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :
1971 Topps SUPER Baseball Card Set - Need advice Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 1001971 Topps SUPER Baseball Card Set - Need advice Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

1971 Topps SUPER Baseball Card Set - Need advice Empty Re: 1971 Topps SUPER Baseball Card Set - Need advice

Post by sabrjay Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:53 am

The set is not real popular, so you are better off just selling what you have. You wouldn't get back what you would spend to complete the set.

To be honest though, if you really are in a tough financial position, selling this set isn't going to make a difference for you. If they are childhood cards, you are probably better off just hanging on to them. You can never buy back you childhood.

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
1971 Topps SUPER Baseball Card Set - Need advice Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 1001971 Topps SUPER Baseball Card Set - Need advice Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

1971 Topps SUPER Baseball Card Set - Need advice Empty Thank you Jay and Gil

Post by lozzi Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:19 am

Well, this set is only a fraction of the cards I have for sale, so while laid off, I have spare time to go through them. Along with other things I have to sell.
I have done PSA with a few of my cards in the past, but I have other cards more value that I need done. I was just not sure if I should obtain the 4 cards I am missing. I found them on the Internet for a total of $20 for them VG/EX condition. Thanks

lozzi
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Trader Points :
1971 Topps SUPER Baseball Card Set - Need advice Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 1001971 Topps SUPER Baseball Card Set - Need advice Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down