Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just Collect's TheClosingPrice.com

+4
bowlingshoeguy
cccc
Square_Frame_Ramly
yawie99
8 posters

Go down

Just Collect's TheClosingPrice.com Empty Just Collect's TheClosingPrice.com

Post by yawie99 Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:14 am

Any of you guys play this? Or win it within the last month or so? I won $50 in early November and was paid within about 10 days, but I haven't yet received my January winnings ($25 and $50, I think). Anybody else still waiting on winnings or is this just more evidence of the global conspiracy against me?
yawie99
yawie99
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
Just Collect's TheClosingPrice.com Left_bar_bleue10 / 10010 / 100Just Collect's TheClosingPrice.com Right_bar_bleue

http://www.imageevent.com/yawie99

Back to top Go down

Just Collect's TheClosingPrice.com Empty hA,hA...

Post by Square_Frame_Ramly Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:28 am

Yes Steve...i have been hot myself winning just collect. They pay out the $ but are very slow. I have had a few phone calls with Scott from Just collect and he seems to be a very nice guy to talk to. (must be that name Scott Laughing ) It took 2 months to recieve my $25 check i won back in Nov. 2007 but he explained it was a tech error. I got the check so i did not care.

You have to remember its free and you win money. Just takes a while. My membership to VCP.com has paid for itself for 10 months.

I have won $100 and a polo t-shirt so far since i began playing in Nov. 2007. I like when i get the email monday saying "congrats, you won" . I noticed you have been lucky also Steve...

Mark bananarama
Square_Frame_Ramly
Square_Frame_Ramly
FC NCAA Bracket Champ
FC NCAA Bracket Champ

Trader Points :
Just Collect's TheClosingPrice.com Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100Just Collect's TheClosingPrice.com Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Just Collect's TheClosingPrice.com Empty Re: Just Collect's TheClosingPrice.com

Post by yawie99 Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:46 am

OK, that's good. I wasn't sure if it was just me or if they're just kinda slow about getting things out. I definitely can't complain about free money. And it's kinda fun to play. I was so mad at myself for letting last week's deadline pass, even though I think it was non-sports stuff I know nothing about. I won $50 back in November on a Red Cobb portrait, $25 last month on one of those perforated '60s Hall of Fame cards (I can't even think of the name of the issue) and another $50 on a football pack a couple of weeks ago. I know nothing about football packs either, but they seem to have one every week, which made it a bit easier.

Tangentially related: I may have to give VCP another shot. Not because of the contest, but just because I've kinda sorta come full circle on graded cards - at least on my non-T206's. I still like sniffing and fondling my old cardboard but my collection seems to change so much that it just makes sense to play the grading game. Albeit with SGC this time around. I did have a VCP membership a while back but didn't really care for the user interface. I'm an Internet lazyass and it always seemed like a lot of clickin' to find what I wanted. But I'm also terribly forgetful so I guess it makes sense to have somebody else remember prices realized for me for a hundred bucks a year or whatever it is.
yawie99
yawie99
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
Just Collect's TheClosingPrice.com Left_bar_bleue10 / 10010 / 100Just Collect's TheClosingPrice.com Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Just Collect's TheClosingPrice.com Empty Trust me...

Post by Square_Frame_Ramly Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:59 am

I could not guess without VCP.com I just look at what the average price was for the contest and just put that in. Been working pretty good so far.

Mark cheers
Square_Frame_Ramly
Square_Frame_Ramly
FC NCAA Bracket Champ
FC NCAA Bracket Champ

Trader Points :
Just Collect's TheClosingPrice.com Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100Just Collect's TheClosingPrice.com Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by cccc Sat Feb 02, 2008 4:24 am

ahh that's funny steve, i'm lazy the other way...i have a subscription to vcp but don't participate in just collect's free money giveaways. i hold too many grudges, it gets in the way of "business".
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by bowlingshoeguy Sat Feb 02, 2008 7:55 am

I take it you have to be a member.

Lee
bowlingshoeguy
bowlingshoeguy
Sultan of the Cycle Back
Sultan of the Cycle Back

Trader Points :
Just Collect's TheClosingPrice.com Left_bar_bleue53 / 10053 / 100Just Collect's TheClosingPrice.com Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by cccc Tue Feb 05, 2008 2:12 am

lee i don't think you have to be a member with justcollect in order to participate in their giveaways...basically free monies. they're just an ebay seller anyways.
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by ItsOnlyGil Tue Feb 05, 2008 2:23 am

Where do you sign up to join the Global Conspiracy Against Yawie ?

bounce confused bunny :bom: jocolor
ItsOnlyGil
ItsOnlyGil
Retired
Retired

Trader Points :
Just Collect's TheClosingPrice.com Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100Just Collect's TheClosingPrice.com Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by scott elkins Tue Feb 05, 2008 3:06 am

Gil, I have no idea - I won a few cards they auctioned off, and they keep sending me e-mails with the contest links. I got second place the first time I participated - guessing a Vintage Item. Then, I forgot my password until recently. I know Mark has done really well guessing.

Here is a link they sent me. You could register here I think.

http://www.justcollect.com/

scott elkins
Inactive

Trader Points :
Just Collect's TheClosingPrice.com Left_bar_bleue8 / 1008 / 100Just Collect's TheClosingPrice.com Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by yawie99 Tue Feb 05, 2008 3:07 am

If only I knew I could put a stop to this madness.

:bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny:
yawie99
yawie99
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by yawie99 Tue Feb 05, 2008 3:08 am

See what I mean. My bunnies aren't even working on my computer.
yawie99
yawie99
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by fisherboy7 Tue Feb 05, 2008 3:13 am

yawie99 wrote:See what I mean. My bunnies aren't even working on my computer.

Every man has his limits. Not having bunny capabilities....geesh I honestly donno what I'd do in your situation Steve. frustrated

bunny bunny bunny bunny
fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Admin
Admin

Trader Points :
Just Collect's TheClosingPrice.com Left_bar_bleue55 / 10055 / 100Just Collect's TheClosingPrice.com Right_bar_bleue

http://www.imageevent.com/fisherboy7

Back to top Go down

Post by yawie99 Tue Feb 05, 2008 3:17 am

If this bunny doesn't work, I'm selling all my cards and investing in rare Webkinz:

bunny
yawie99
yawie99
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by yawie99 Tue Feb 05, 2008 3:17 am

Whew.
yawie99
yawie99
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Just Collect's TheClosingPrice.com Empty Its a great contest...

Post by Square_Frame_Ramly Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:47 am

I have won $100 and 2 polo shirts so far. Once you sign up they will send you emails and in the email will be the 3 guesses. Like i said before, if you can stand the wait then you will be happy.

Scott from Justcollect also told me he will be having a hall of fame contest and if you win a lot you may be in the running for larger a larger $ prize. Don't know how and when it going to work but i just keep guessing!!!! scratch

Mark
Square_Frame_Ramly
Square_Frame_Ramly
FC NCAA Bracket Champ
FC NCAA Bracket Champ

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by hanksta Tue Feb 05, 2008 2:39 pm

I have won 3 polo shirts...after the first two came I told Scott not to worry about the third, but I've never hit the $$.

A man can have too many shirts.

sdbh
hanksta
hanksta
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
Just Collect's TheClosingPrice.com Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100Just Collect's TheClosingPrice.com Right_bar_bleue

http://www.millcitycards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down