Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Best Ebay Buy-it-Now Deals?

5 posters

Go down

Your Best Ebay Buy-it-Now Deals? Empty Your Best Ebay Buy-it-Now Deals?

Post by fisherboy7 Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:36 am

I haven't had a good BIN on ebay in quite a while (most of the BIN's now are waay overpriced)...but when I got started on ebay in 2001/2002 and several years after that, they seemed to be much more common. What are the best BIN's you've had on vintage cards?

For me, a few come to mind:

W514 Joe Jackson, fr/gd, $150 BIN. This was one of my first 'big' ebay purchases. It was a bit of a risk given that it was raw and I didn't know much about the issue at the time, but I took the plunge and it paid off. Was the centerpiece of my collection for a few years until I traded it off.

T213-2 Coupon Mathewson, gd, $100 BIN. Caught this one at around midnight one night, hit the BIN without hesitation. Turned out to be a really nice card and a great deal. Wish I had kept it because I'm actively seeking Coupon HOFers these days.

N172 Corcoran, Londons, g-vg, $150ish BIN. Again this was still in my early days of ebay, but I knew Corcoran was a sought after Old Judge card, and I had a feeling London was a tough team too (which is very true). I pulled the trigger, only to trade it to the well known Corcoran hoarder for what turned out to be way too little Your Best Ebay Buy-it-Now Deals? Icon_cry Oh well.

Your turn Your Best Ebay Buy-it-Now Deals? Icon_exclaim
fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Admin
Admin

Trader Points :
Your Best Ebay Buy-it-Now Deals? Left_bar_bleue55 / 10055 / 100Your Best Ebay Buy-it-Now Deals? Right_bar_bleue

http://www.imageevent.com/fisherboy7

Back to top Go down

Your Best Ebay Buy-it-Now Deals? Empty Re: Your Best Ebay Buy-it-Now Deals?

Post by the-illini Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:38 pm

My best BIN was probably a 1929 Star Player Candy Lou Gehrig for $800. I found it on ebay about 3 years ago. I sold it a week later for a lot more.

I used the profit as a down payment for the wife's engagement ring - she always seems to get the profits when i make money selling cards - how does that happen??? Your Best Ebay Buy-it-Now Deals? Icon_razz
the-illini
the-illini
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
Your Best Ebay Buy-it-Now Deals? Left_bar_bleue11 / 10011 / 100Your Best Ebay Buy-it-Now Deals? Right_bar_bleue

http://www.imageevent.com/crb972

Back to top Go down

Post by Bosox Blair Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:59 pm

I can't really remember whether my earliest Ebay purchases (late 90s) were auctions or BIN...but they were very good deals by today's standards.

In recent times, I got my E92 Dockman Wagner (throwing) on a BIN within a few hours of the listing going up. I think if the bidding had started, it would have gone quite a bit (several hundred) above the BIN. It helped me that the seller had a very bad quality photo (not scan) of the card posted, so I'm sure other potential buyers did not want to risk jumping in.
Bosox Blair
Bosox Blair
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :
Your Best Ebay Buy-it-Now Deals? Left_bar_bleue12 / 10012 / 100Your Best Ebay Buy-it-Now Deals? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by fisherboy7 Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:47 pm

the-illini wrote:My best BIN was probably a 1929 Star Player Candy Lou Gehrig for $800. I found it on ebay about 3 years ago. I sold it a week later for a lot more.

Wow that was a STEAL. You've had the magic touch with those Star Candies, haven't you Chris? Still have any left?
fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Admin
Admin

Trader Points :
Your Best Ebay Buy-it-Now Deals? Left_bar_bleue55 / 10055 / 100Your Best Ebay Buy-it-Now Deals? Right_bar_bleue

http://www.imageevent.com/fisherboy7

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:05 pm

My best BINs were a non-baseball card. I picked up a n36 Geronimo for $200 and the Red Cloud for $10. Geronimo at $200 was a great buy but the Red Cloud was just silly. I never did ask the seller if he knew there were two versions of the cards. My guess is he was using n2 pricing.
Your Best Ebay Buy-it-Now Deals? N36geronimo

Your Best Ebay Buy-it-Now Deals? N36redcloud

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
Your Best Ebay Buy-it-Now Deals? Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Your Best Ebay Buy-it-Now Deals? Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim Rivera cfc1909 Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:00 am

won the Brown on a $125 bin and the Young for about $300 and the sellers did not realize the Piedmont 42
Your Best Ebay Buy-it-Now Deals? Browny10Your Best Ebay Buy-it-Now Deals? Browny11
Jim Rivera cfc1909
Jim Rivera cfc1909
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
Your Best Ebay Buy-it-Now Deals? Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100Your Best Ebay Buy-it-Now Deals? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down