Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Santana to the METS!

+3
crazylocomerk
sabrjay
fisherboy7
7 posters

Go down

Santana to the METS! Empty Santana to the METS!

Post by fisherboy7 Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:01 am

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Pending contract extension. My condolences to the Behrens brothers and Twins fans nationwide.

MLB.COM ARTICLE
fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Admin
Admin

Trader Points :
Santana to the METS! Left_bar_bleue55 / 10055 / 100Santana to the METS! Right_bar_bleue

http://www.imageevent.com/fisherboy7

Back to top Go down

Santana to the METS! Empty Re: Santana to the METS!

Post by sabrjay Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:08 am

Talk about 4 turds. They should have taken the deal from Yankees that was first offered. Now we get 4 prospects from a suspect farm system. The best of them is 25 years old with almost no MLB experience. That's never a good sign.

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
Santana to the METS! Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Santana to the METS! Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by crazylocomerk Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:14 am

Even the Red Sox offer was far better. I wonder what they were thinking?
crazylocomerk
crazylocomerk
KOTTON King
KOTTON King

Trader Points :
Santana to the METS! Left_bar_bleue12 / 10012 / 100Santana to the METS! Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:19 am

I'd say they wanted to make sure they didn't want to have p-lay against him expect in the World Series, but the playoffs are going to be a huge stretch for the Twins now, even if Liriano is healthy and returns to form.

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
Santana to the METS! Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Santana to the METS! Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Santana to the METS! Empty Re: Santana to the Mets!

Post by chefmikeg Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:01 am

I think the Twins made a huge mistake!! They should have made a move during the winter meetings. Now, we have to settle for a bunch of players that probably will not even be with us when the new stadium opens. I am a loyal Twins fan and will still go to their games and watch them on TV, but it is really upsetting that they could not have made a better deal.
chefmikeg
chefmikeg
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Trader Points :
Santana to the METS! Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Santana to the METS! Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:18 am

When the Twins got offered Hughes and Cabrera, after they got the Red Sox and other offers, they should have immediately jumped on that deal. It was by far the best offer and it would have solved the CF problem and give them a great pitching prospect. Now we've got 4 players that probably aren't even going to be playing this year and half will be gone before the new stadium opens.

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Santana to the METS! Empty @#$@#&^%#&^!!!

Post by nolemmings Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:38 am

I just typed a long response but it got lost in cyberspace. Basically, I'm just keeping a wait and see approach, and would remind folks to take a peek at a similar trade between these teams 19 years ago, when the Twins shipped Frank Viola to the Mets for four prospects. That didn't work out horribly for Minnesota.
nolemmings
nolemmings
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
Santana to the METS! Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100Santana to the METS! Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by cccc Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:42 am

i would say hughes/cabrera deal is better than anything the mets got (carlos gomez...lol). this just shows santana probably told the twins to get it done before season starts or he might veto any midseason trade and walk.

of course we're talking about a pitcher who came back to earth a bit last year and have accumulated some wear and tear. pitchers are always a risky proposition and now you gotta re-up him for 6/150(?)mil...basically the mets gave the twins 4 prospects to have the first right to let santana's agents bend them over.
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
Santana to the METS! Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100Santana to the METS! Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by glenv Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:11 pm

He's getting old, but I still like his music... bananarama

glenv
FC NCAA Bracket Champ
FC NCAA Bracket Champ

Trader Points :
Santana to the METS! Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Santana to the METS! Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down