Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Odd Items In Your Baseball Collection

5 posters

Go down

Odd Items In Your Baseball Collection Empty Odd Items In Your Baseball Collection

Post by bowlingshoeguy Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:55 am

I have these pencil toppers, what other odd baseball collectibles do you have in your collection:

Odd Items In Your Baseball Collection Cobbpe10

The yellow one looks goofy but the green seems to be of the era. Does anyone know anything about them?

Lee
bowlingshoeguy
bowlingshoeguy
Sultan of the Cycle Back
Sultan of the Cycle Back

Trader Points :
Odd Items In Your Baseball Collection Left_bar_bleue53 / 10053 / 100Odd Items In Your Baseball Collection Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Odd Items In Your Baseball Collection Empty Re: Odd Items In Your Baseball Collection

Post by fisherboy7 Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:46 pm

Here's an odd item from my collection. It's a colorful old map issued by Gunther's Beer in 1935, featuring sports records of Cobb, Ruth, Mack, Bobby Jones, etc. I don't have it infront of me, but I recall it measuring approximately 25" x 35. Really kind of a neat piece with some great baseball content - I've been meaning to have it framed but still haven't gotten around to it.

Odd Items In Your Baseball Collection Gunthermap
fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Admin
Admin

Trader Points :
Odd Items In Your Baseball Collection Left_bar_bleue55 / 10055 / 100Odd Items In Your Baseball Collection Right_bar_bleue

http://www.imageevent.com/fisherboy7

Back to top Go down

Odd Items In Your Baseball Collection Empty Re: Odd Items In Your Baseball Collection

Post by bowlingshoeguy Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:56 pm

Cool items, Ben. Definately needs to be framed.

Lee
bowlingshoeguy
bowlingshoeguy
Sultan of the Cycle Back
Sultan of the Cycle Back

Trader Points :
Odd Items In Your Baseball Collection Left_bar_bleue53 / 10053 / 100Odd Items In Your Baseball Collection Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by dstudeba Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:09 pm

Lee -

Sorry but I don't think any of the pencil toppers out there are period. I have a similar Paige that I did some research on and found out was a fantasy piece.

dstudeba
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Trader Points :
Odd Items In Your Baseball Collection Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Odd Items In Your Baseball Collection Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by bowlingshoeguy Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:41 am

Thanks Dave, I have always thought the yellow one seemed of a newer period, but the green one I have hope that it might turn out to be older. Any idea about when they were produced? Pencil toppers have not been around for a long time. I don't remember them growing up in the 70's.

Lee
bowlingshoeguy
bowlingshoeguy
Sultan of the Cycle Back
Sultan of the Cycle Back

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by dstudeba Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:34 pm

Off the top of my head I can't remember when they were produced, but 70s and 80s is the most likely. I think they were fantasy pieces sold at flea markets etc.

dstudeba
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Trader Points :
Odd Items In Your Baseball Collection Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Odd Items In Your Baseball Collection Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by glenv Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:16 am

There are authentic Cleveland Brown pencil clips the were sold at the ballpark from 1948 to 1952. Not sure when the others were made or how to tell the authentic Browns clips from newer pieces.

Here's a '33 Buffalo Bison puzzle - don't see too many of these:

Odd Items In Your Baseball Collection 33biso10

glenv
FC NCAA Bracket Champ
FC NCAA Bracket Champ

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by bowlingshoeguy Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:52 am

Can't say I ever say a baseball puzzle that old before. Cool item Glen.
bowlingshoeguy
bowlingshoeguy
Sultan of the Cycle Back
Sultan of the Cycle Back

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by rman444 Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:28 pm

How about a Dockman candy box with prize and authentic c.1910 piece of candy?

Odd Items In Your Baseball Collection AL07-11066
rman444
rman444
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :
Odd Items In Your Baseball Collection Left_bar_bleue1 / 1001 / 100Odd Items In Your Baseball Collection Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by bowlingshoeguy Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:05 am

If the candy is that thing in the bottom right, it looks like a shrunken mitt. Cool items, can't say I ever say one before.

Lee
bowlingshoeguy
bowlingshoeguy
Sultan of the Cycle Back
Sultan of the Cycle Back

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down