Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just got back from short trip to Boston

3 posters

Go down

Just got back from short trip to Boston Empty Just got back from short trip to Boston

Post by TheBig6 Sat Sep 19, 2009 7:26 am

Ok guys, Me and the wife just got back from a short 4 day trip to Boston. We cramed in everything we could in the 2 1/2 days we had to site see. The wife doesn't care a thing about sports so I just saw Fenway from the outside on one of those trolley tours. BUT we stumbled into the Boston Library and Low and Behold there is a glass display of Nuf Sed McGreevy Memoralbilia on display and in that glass display case is the greaest Baseball card I have ever seen. I'm sorry the picture did not turn out better but it was a site to behold. It is a Huge, Large, Monster, perfectly focused, did I say monster Chickering Cabinet of the 1903 Boston & Pittsburg Teams. This Cabinet is like 12 to 15 inches long by like 12" wide, it's huge and stunning. Cy young is in the middle just to the left of the guy with the mustache, wagner is last Pirate on the right. Fred Clarke, Tommy Leach, Jimmie Collins etc, etc, etc. I will never be the same. If I had this card I could die happy. No picture (especially this one) can do this cabinet justice, you have to see it with your own Eyes, It's the greatest BB card I have ever seen. It took up half of a large glass display case. I have a feeling thats McGreevy over Wagner's left shoulder is the reason the cabinet was on display.. Did I say it's the greatest Baseball card I have ever seen with my own eyes!.
Just got back from short trip to Boston Fenway1
Just got back from short trip to Boston Fenway2
Just got back from short trip to Boston Fenway3

Last edited by TheBig6 on Sat Sep 19, 2009 3:49 pm; edited 2 times in total
TheBig6
TheBig6
The Relic
The Relic

Trader Points :
Just got back from short trip to Boston Left_bar_bleue27 / 10027 / 100Just got back from short trip to Boston Right_bar_bleue

http://imageevent.com/ruckers

Back to top Go down

Just got back from short trip to Boston Empty Re: Just got back from short trip to Boston

Post by TheRiddler Sat Sep 19, 2009 2:32 pm

It sure looks like a great card. I understand that the Boston Public Library has lots of top tier material.
It sure is tuff to try to reasonably cover a place like Boston on 2.5 days, your wife was clearly tolerant to allow any baseball excursions at all. It is quite a drive tho. Did you have other interesting stops? Food?
TheRiddler
TheRiddler
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :
Just got back from short trip to Boston Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100Just got back from short trip to Boston Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Just got back from short trip to Boston Empty Re: Just got back from short trip to Boston

Post by bowlingshoeguy Sat Sep 19, 2009 3:50 pm

Damn that would look nice on my living room wall. Boston is a great city have enjoyed it all 3 times and would love to see more.

Lee
bowlingshoeguy
bowlingshoeguy
Sultan of the Cycle Back
Sultan of the Cycle Back

Trader Points :
Just got back from short trip to Boston Left_bar_bleue53 / 10053 / 100Just got back from short trip to Boston Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down