Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are you an active trader of vintage cards?

5 posters

Go down

Are you an active trader of vintage cards? Empty Are you an active trader of vintage cards?

Post by fisherboy7 Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:40 pm

I always enjoy making a good trade with my fellow prewar card collectors. To me, it's a fun way to add to your collection and engage with other collectors without breaking the piggy bank. Several of my favorite cards were acquired via trade.

Do people still trade as much as they used to? Have you been an active trader in the past year? Do your trades involve big time cards, or are they usually just minor deals to fill holes?
fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Admin
Admin

Trader Points :
Are you an active trader of vintage cards? Left_bar_bleue55 / 10055 / 100Are you an active trader of vintage cards? Right_bar_bleue

http://www.imageevent.com/fisherboy7

Back to top Go down

Are you an active trader of vintage cards? Empty Re: Are you an active trader of vintage cards?

Post by sabrjay Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:53 pm

The last trade I made involved almost 100 cards in the deal. I love trading but it really tough to do online unless you really trust the person you are dealing with. It's much easier to do when you have the cards right in front of you. When I used to set up at shows in the 80s, I used to make lots of trades.

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
Are you an active trader of vintage cards? Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Are you an active trader of vintage cards? Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Are you an active trader of vintage cards? Empty Re: Are you an active trader of vintage cards?

Post by yawie99 Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:47 am

I wouldn't say that I'm an active trader - heck, I haven't been much of an active collector in 2009 - but I do enjoy the blockbuster deal. Made a big one with you (Ben) awhile back, of course, and then another monster deal around the first of the year with Jeff W. Trading's much more complicated than a straight purchase or sale, but I always find it much more satisfying.
yawie99
yawie99
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
Are you an active trader of vintage cards? Left_bar_bleue10 / 10010 / 100Are you an active trader of vintage cards? Right_bar_bleue

http://www.imageevent.com/yawie99

Back to top Go down

Post by 3-2-count Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:11 pm

I love to trade. As Ben states it's a good way for both parties to place a new card in their collection while keeping the check book closed.
While difficult to complete at times due to what either party may have vested into their item or sentimental value one may have placed on
their card, when you are successful on a good trade with a friend you just walk away with a sense of feeling good. At least I do. I've completed several trades with a few collectors on Full Count and couldn't be happier with the end result. Hopefully the other party walks away feeling the same way I did.

Tony A.
3-2-count
3-2-count
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
Are you an active trader of vintage cards? Left_bar_bleue18 / 10018 / 100Are you an active trader of vintage cards? Right_bar_bleue

http://www.32countsportscards.com/collection.html

Back to top Go down

Post by rman444 Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:34 pm

Since cash is tighter lately, I have been trading much more. Lots of small ones and and few big ones. Even a blockbuster.
rman444
rman444
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :
Are you an active trader of vintage cards? Left_bar_bleue1 / 1001 / 100Are you an active trader of vintage cards? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down