Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My raw obak collection

4 posters

Go down

My raw obak collection Empty My raw obak collection

Post by t206head Sun May 17, 2009 4:07 pm

still working on my t206 set but can't stay on track this is one of five other sub set that eats up my time and money but t212 scream baseball and i'm a sucker for a good image (sorry no double factory overprints here) later BOB

My raw obak collection Sc00f610My raw obak collection Sc00f611My raw obak collection Sc00f612
t206head
t206head
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
My raw obak collection Left_bar_bleue6 / 1006 / 100My raw obak collection Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

My raw obak collection Empty Re: My raw obak collection

Post by fisherboy7 Sun May 17, 2009 4:24 pm

Great stuff Bob, thanks for sharing. Obaks have to be one of the best looking series of sets EVER (especially the '10s and '11s) and I like the way they look raw in the binder pages. There are a couple in there with stadium backgrounds - those are especially cool. Pardon my ignorance, but are these a mix of 1910's and 1911's? Or just one of the years. I don't see any in the scan, but got any 1909's?

Love these kinds of posts, they're what this board is all about. If anyone else wants to start their own thread with group of cards or a set in progress, it's highly encouraged! Then we can all bug you with a bunch of followup questions Razz
fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Admin
Admin

Trader Points :
My raw obak collection Left_bar_bleue55 / 10055 / 100My raw obak collection Right_bar_bleue

http://www.imageevent.com/fisherboy7

Back to top Go down

Post by boboinnes Sun May 17, 2009 8:55 pm

The 1911 set is certainly the most consistently visually appealing of the three sets (or 5 sets if you count the 150 series and T4's), but it's hard to beat some of the 1909 horizontals. The T212-1 Mohler looks like a cross between James Joyce and a turn of the century gangster.

boboinnes
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Trader Points :
My raw obak collection Left_bar_bleue1 / 1001 / 100My raw obak collection Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Mon May 18, 2009 12:20 am

The Obaks are definitely one of the best looking sets out there. Puts the t206 set to shame. Thankfully, I've gotten the urge to collect the set, just a few examples here and there when my collecting was less focused.

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
My raw obak collection Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100My raw obak collection Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down