Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A relaxed, friendly....

+3
hrbaker
crazylocomerk
Wiggum Fan
7 posters

Go down

A relaxed, friendly.... Empty A relaxed, friendly....

Post by Wiggum Fan Sun May 17, 2009 2:13 am

A rant....

I started recollecting about 2 years ago. I first found Net54, then this forum. I rarely post to either and this is my first time writing a new topic on either board. Like the majority, I read both. I fully understand and expect there to be overlap with posts on the boards.

It didn't take long for this forum to become my preferred choice. Absent were the posts concerning personal feelings, personal discussions, personal attacks, personal thoughts on what someone "might" be thinking....it was about the cards. To me, Full Count was about the cards.

We all know about the T206museum.com mess. We all know that altered or fake cards can destroy the hobby.

But you know what? I think the following sentiment is shared through others that view these forums....I want to learn. I want to learn how to spot the fakes. I want to learn how to identify altered cards. I want to learn how to combat fraud. I want to learn how to make this hobby better.

I do not want to learn about private emails. I do not want to read about what who a collector likes or dislikes.

I want to see more vintage cards. I want to see recent pick-up threads.

No one is bigger than the hobby. This hobby will live on as long as there is baseball.

The tag line of Full Count is: "We hope to provide a relaxed, friendly, ad-free atmosphere for everyone to discuss our great hobby."

So I ask, "Can we keep to the discussion limited to OUR GREAT HOBBY and not the personalities in it?

Thanks,
Michael

Wiggum Fan
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Trader Points :
A relaxed, friendly.... Left_bar_bleue1 / 1001 / 100A relaxed, friendly.... Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

A relaxed, friendly.... Empty Re: A relaxed, friendly....

Post by crazylocomerk Sun May 17, 2009 3:13 am

Great post Michael....and I agree with you.
crazylocomerk
crazylocomerk
KOTTON King
KOTTON King

Trader Points :
A relaxed, friendly.... Left_bar_bleue12 / 10012 / 100A relaxed, friendly.... Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by hrbaker Sun May 17, 2009 3:46 am

A very compelling point of view. I think it is all a part of the larger hobby. I can simply choose not to read or participate in such threads if I don't want to. Not for me to say whether there is a place for them or not. I read, participate in and enjoy both boards and I thank all of those who put in their time to make them possible.
hrbaker
hrbaker
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
A relaxed, friendly.... Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100A relaxed, friendly.... Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by r337man Sun May 17, 2009 1:52 pm

Well put Michael but to learn, you should know that you can trust your source. Case and point, the many blinded people that worshiped the T206 Museum site as the gospel. It was full of wrong information and put up strictly to deceive and promote a fake back as the most scarce and old cig packs advertised as having a T206 in them that in no way ever held one.

take care
dan
r337man
r337man
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
A relaxed, friendly.... Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100A relaxed, friendly.... Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim Rivera cfc1909 Sun May 17, 2009 2:32 pm

I agree and I have tried to stay away from any thread that contain the egos. Also realize these threads are where you learn and learning isn't just about sets origins, player checklists and years issued, its also about fruad and who is committing it. For the most part this board has great information but it is a chat board and there will be the knock down drag out Mike Tyson thread from time to time.
Its part of learning.

JR
Jim Rivera cfc1909
Jim Rivera cfc1909
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
A relaxed, friendly.... Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100A relaxed, friendly.... Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

A relaxed, friendly.... Empty You are in the right spot

Post by Davalillo Sat May 23, 2009 2:52 pm

You have Kevin on here and access to what he his written--to have one of the leading experts post on this board about alterations is enough to pay attention. Hate to be so direct but if Kevin was not here I probably would not be either. I will also say taht Jay Behrens knows a ton about vintage cards and its likely Lee does as well.

Everyone has his or her reasons for posting--some in fact many like the social aspect of it--I think that is what net 54 is all about--and thats fine.

I could care less about the social aspect--I am on here just to learn as it pertains to graded cards and occasionally to post.

Good luck.

Davalillo
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Trader Points :
A relaxed, friendly.... Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100A relaxed, friendly.... Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by bowlingshoeguy Sat May 23, 2009 8:23 pm

Michael, I think your post is great and reflects the vast majority of the people that frequent this forum. This I hope stays to vintage card concerns. This posts such as this one it appears you should post more, you might give Joanne a run for her money on most logical posts.

Once again, thanks for pointing out that this forum needs to stay focused to vintage card concerns.

Lee
bowlingshoeguy
bowlingshoeguy
Sultan of the Cycle Back
Sultan of the Cycle Back

Trader Points :
A relaxed, friendly.... Left_bar_bleue53 / 10053 / 100A relaxed, friendly.... Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum