Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Show us some of your favorite ACTION poses

+10
hanksta
jmk59
rhettyeakley
nolemmings
mzm55
TheBig6
t206head
Bicem
sabrjay
fisherboy7
14 posters

Go down

Show us some of your favorite ACTION poses Empty Show us some of your favorite ACTION poses

Post by fisherboy7 Thu May 07, 2009 9:18 pm

Prewar of course.

Some of my favorites are in the Kalamazoo Bats set. They really capture the 19th century feel.

This one in particular has it all...wish it was mine.

Show us some of your favorite ACTION poses Kbats_fogarty_mcguire
fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Admin
Admin

Trader Points :
Show us some of your favorite ACTION poses Left_bar_bleue55 / 10055 / 100Show us some of your favorite ACTION poses Right_bar_bleue

http://www.imageevent.com/fisherboy7

Back to top Go down

Show us some of your favorite ACTION poses Empty Re: Show us some of your favorite ACTION poses

Post by sabrjay Thu May 07, 2009 9:39 pm

Not sure if it qualifies as action, but you gotta love the pose

Show us some of your favorite ACTION poses Hengledead
Is he dead or just asleep?

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
Show us some of your favorite ACTION poses Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Show us some of your favorite ACTION poses Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Show us some of your favorite ACTION poses Empty Re: Show us some of your favorite ACTION poses

Post by Bicem Thu May 07, 2009 9:40 pm

I love that OJ, do you own that card Jay?
Bicem
Bicem
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
Show us some of your favorite ACTION poses Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100Show us some of your favorite ACTION poses Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Show us some of your favorite ACTION poses Empty re:Show us some of your favorite ACTION poses

Post by t206head Thu May 07, 2009 9:41 pm

Show us some of your favorite ACTION poses Sc008410Show us some of your favorite ACTION poses Sc008710

Last edited by t206head on Thu May 07, 2009 11:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
t206head
t206head
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
Show us some of your favorite ACTION poses Left_bar_bleue6 / 1006 / 100Show us some of your favorite ACTION poses Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Thu May 07, 2009 9:43 pm

I wish. I didn't have any money at the time that particular card came available. It's a Minneapolis player so I'd break from my normal collection to get it. I'd also do it for a t210 Benny card

Show us some of your favorite ACTION poses T210benny

T3s have some of the best action shots as well as t202s, but I like the t3s better because they are larger and in color

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
Show us some of your favorite ACTION poses Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Show us some of your favorite ACTION poses Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Bicem Thu May 07, 2009 9:52 pm

Do you recall when/where it was offered for sale? I've been looking for one for a long time.

And the correct answer is "passed out drunk."
Bicem
Bicem
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
Show us some of your favorite ACTION poses Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100Show us some of your favorite ACTION poses Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by fisherboy7 Thu May 07, 2009 9:54 pm

I suppose I'll post one that I actually own too. Someday I'll probably get it slabbed.

Show us some of your favorite ACTION poses E92Magee
fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Admin
Admin

Trader Points :
Show us some of your favorite ACTION poses Left_bar_bleue55 / 10055 / 100Show us some of your favorite ACTION poses Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBig6 Thu May 07, 2009 10:24 pm

Love the Glove, looks like a Cow's Utter
Show us some of your favorite ACTION poses Fbgetz
Show us some of your favorite ACTION poses KonetchyT3

Last edited by TheBig6 on Thu May 07, 2009 10:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
TheBig6
TheBig6
The Relic
The Relic

Trader Points :
Show us some of your favorite ACTION poses Left_bar_bleue27 / 10027 / 100Show us some of your favorite ACTION poses Right_bar_bleue

http://imageevent.com/ruckers

Back to top Go down

Post by mzm55 Thu May 07, 2009 10:26 pm

Here are some favorites from my collection:

[img]Show us some of your favorite ACTION poses Pressleypritchard[/img]

Show us some of your favorite ACTION poses Herzongcabinet

mzm55
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :
Show us some of your favorite ACTION poses Left_bar_bleue1 / 1001 / 100Show us some of your favorite ACTION poses Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Thu May 07, 2009 11:33 pm

The Hengle was on eBay about 5 or 6 years ago.

Gotta put the card responsible for the logo and as far as anyone can figure, it's the first card where the player extends beyond the border

Show us some of your favorite ACTION poses E92oakes

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Show us some of your favorite ACTION poses Empty another batting shot

Post by nolemmings Thu May 07, 2009 11:41 pm

Show us some of your favorite ACTION poses 19m1016wambsganss
nolemmings
nolemmings
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by rhettyeakley Fri May 08, 2009 12:13 am

Jay, several of the N321 S.F.Hess California League cards have images that extend beyond the border, they predate the Oakes by 20+ years. The N321's are also pretty cool looking.
-Rhett

rhettyeakley
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Trader Points :
Show us some of your favorite ACTION poses Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Show us some of your favorite ACTION poses Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by jmk59 Fri May 08, 2009 2:05 am

I've always liked this trio. (Limited myself to cards I own or have owned in this response.)

Show us some of your favorite ACTION poses M1012m10

Show us some of your favorite ACTION poses T3mull10

Show us some of your favorite ACTION poses T206mu10

Oh LORDY. Not. To. Scale! Sorry about that. These were purchased early in my scanning career, and as you can see I did not really have it together at that time.

J
jmk59
jmk59
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :
Show us some of your favorite ACTION poses Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Show us some of your favorite ACTION poses Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Fri May 08, 2009 4:10 am

Rhett, I'd love to see one as I have seen very few cards from that set and can't remember seeing any that extend beyond the border

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by rhettyeakley Fri May 08, 2009 6:05 am

I think these may be the only 3 that do, they are pretty neat...
Show us some of your favorite ACTION poses Hardie Show us some of your favorite ACTION poses Newhert Show us some of your favorite ACTION poses Donovan

rhettyeakley
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by hanksta Fri May 08, 2009 2:42 pm

Well, that makes three of us for the Hengle...some day...
hanksta
hanksta
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :

http://www.millcitycards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Fri May 08, 2009 8:20 pm

Those SF Hess' are pretty cool

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by bowlingshoeguy Tue May 12, 2009 6:34 pm

I have a 2 card action pose:

Show us some of your favorite ACTION poses E92dav11

Although a recent issue I love the picture:

Show us some of your favorite ACTION poses Gmtine10

This has always been my favorite T202 center panel, you thought we had baggy pants today:

Show us some of your favorite ACTION poses T2020910

Lee
bowlingshoeguy
bowlingshoeguy
Sultan of the Cycle Back
Sultan of the Cycle Back

Trader Points :
Show us some of your favorite ACTION poses Left_bar_bleue53 / 10053 / 100Show us some of your favorite ACTION poses Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by docpatlv Wed May 13, 2009 12:36 am

I've always thought the "leaping" poses were pretty cool...

Show us some of your favorite ACTION poses 1910e286BushShow us some of your favorite ACTION poses 1910e93CobbShow us some of your favorite ACTION poses 1911PinkertonCobbShow us some of your favorite ACTION poses 1951CMAS_Wagner

And always loved this image of Cy...

Show us some of your favorite ACTION poses 1908ACWilliamsYoung

Mike
docpatlv
docpatlv
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Trader Points :
Show us some of your favorite ACTION poses Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100Show us some of your favorite ACTION poses Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by hrbaker Wed May 13, 2009 1:25 am

Show us some of your favorite ACTION poses Sisler
hrbaker
hrbaker
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by fisherboy7 Wed May 13, 2009 2:05 am

I don't have a scan handy, but one of my favorite action poses is the Plow Boy cabinet of Mordecai Brown (horizontal pose). Such a cool looking card.
fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Admin
Admin

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Bicem Fri May 15, 2009 12:31 am

Bicem
Bicem
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by fisherboy7 Sat May 16, 2009 10:06 pm

Bicem wrote:Here you go Ben, from the Lichtman collection...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/calvindog/2942467154/in/set-72157607705031878/

Thanks for posting that Jeff, now trying to figure out which vital organ I could part with for it.

Someday I will own a Plow Boy Brown! pray
fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Admin
Admin

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by mwieder Sun May 17, 2009 5:02 am

The fact that they drew in his fourth finger on the Plow Boy kills it for me - I much prefer his PC796 in all it's natural glory Smile

mwieder
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :
Show us some of your favorite ACTION poses Left_bar_bleue3 / 1003 / 100Show us some of your favorite ACTION poses Right_bar_bleue

http://picasaweb.google.com/mwieder/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down