Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

REA Predictions

+2
sabrjay
bowlingshoeguy
6 posters

Go down

REA Predictions Empty REA Predictions

Post by bowlingshoeguy Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:50 am

I have not checked the prices of REA except for the Doyle card. My thought on how the results will go.

I feel that the common vintage material (T205, T206) will go for very reasonable prices whereas the 19th Century material especially the Cabinet HOFers will have really strong prices. The market on the common vintage material really seems soft and add the higher $'s you need to spend to buy a lot and the prices should stay low. I get the feeling that the collectors are gearing more towards scarcer items.

Lee
bowlingshoeguy
bowlingshoeguy
Sultan of the Cycle Back
Sultan of the Cycle Back

Trader Points :
REA Predictions Left_bar_bleue53 / 10053 / 100REA Predictions Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

REA Predictions Empty Re: REA Predictions

Post by sabrjay Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:34 pm

I'm actually still the high bidder for one lot so I am hoping that it doesn't go any higher. I think Lee is right, the "common" stuff that you see every day on eBay and at shows isn't going to get strong prices, but the rarities will. Personally, if I had the money, I'd be chasing the OJ cabinets as I think they are sitting low right. It's only a few days away from closing and then we will see the real fun and see what people are really chasing.

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
REA Predictions Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100REA Predictions Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by cccc Sat May 02, 2009 7:05 am

i'm actually going over REA closely for the first time right now and the amount of quality stuff is just draw-dropping.
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
REA Predictions Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100REA Predictions Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by bowlingshoeguy Sat May 02, 2009 3:34 pm

I can't believe the Baltimore News Ruth is almost a third of the Wagner, usually they run head to head.

Lee
bowlingshoeguy
bowlingshoeguy
Sultan of the Cycle Back
Sultan of the Cycle Back

Trader Points :
REA Predictions Left_bar_bleue53 / 10053 / 100REA Predictions Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Sat May 02, 2009 7:55 pm

This Wagner is different. It has it's own story that helps sets this one apart from all the other Wagners. There are very few Wagners that are readily identifiable. Other than the Gretzky-McNall card, none of the other Wagner's have a fascinating story behind it. It still makes sick to think that the bastards that stole the uncut 1934 Goudey sheet with the Lajoie card cut the sheet up. One of the single most importnat pieces in the hobby destroyed because of greed.

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim Rivera cfc1909 Sat May 02, 2009 9:51 pm

I am not so sure t206s will be reasonable. I was bidding on the 114 PSA 4s. The hammer will be at $70 per card and maybe a bit more. On ebay right now, you will not get $70 per card. You will only get 50 at best, and then you need to account for selling fees.
If you win this lot, you will lose big time if you plan to list on ebay and let them sell in a traditional auction.
You will probably lose 15 to 20 dollars per card. REA gets killer prices. Not an auction for a quick turn around. I thought I might win this lot, and keep 20 to 30 cards and sell the rest.
Maybe some other lots are different, but this is the one I was paying attention to.
Jim Rivera cfc1909
Jim Rivera cfc1909
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
REA Predictions Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100REA Predictions Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by jmk59 Sun May 03, 2009 2:49 am

I was thinking the same thing tonight. I had bookmark bids on about a dozen items, and by about 6:00 or so they were at levels that I couldn't see at all. One of them was 176 - a Cobb Red 2 and a Cobb Bat Off Auth. It's at about $1800 with the bp, and I can't see how it gets there. Someone's gotta be thinking of a retry on the Auth.

That's an example - there are a few more like that. I agree that the scarcer stuff will be strong across the board. Maybe the more common vintage items are sporadically strong or weak, and I just happen to be hitting the stronger lots.

There is only one thing left I would even consider bidding on, and it's an oddity - vintage newspaper supplement - that is sort of hard to value.

Joann
jmk59
jmk59
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :
REA Predictions Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100REA Predictions Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Sun May 03, 2009 1:05 pm

The Doyle made a huge jump after I went to bed last night. The big surprise, just from a quick scan was the even larger jump that the G C Miller set made closing out at $210k + BP. Other pieces that got huge prices that surprised me were the Don Hutson uniform and all those 1975 Topps mini cases all closing at $10k + BP per case.

Was bidding on the die cut Delong set but couldn't come up with another $250 for the next bid increment. I probably wouldn't have won anyway, but it would have been nice to either win it or force the eventual winning to pay a lot more.

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by fisherboy7 Sun May 03, 2009 2:55 pm

So....any lucky winners last night?

I had my eye on the Texas Tommy Mack SGC 20, but didn't win. The only other TT Mack I've seen was the one I owned, which had the borders trimmed off. I think the REA one sold for a reasonable price ($1800 before juice). Kinda kicking myself now for not making a stronger play for it.
fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Admin
Admin

Trader Points :
REA Predictions Left_bar_bleue55 / 10055 / 100REA Predictions Right_bar_bleue

http://www.imageevent.com/fisherboy7

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down